PDA

View Full Version : Amy recruiting at the Blue Star festivals.

NoDakSt
09-27-2005, 04:45 AM
Amy and the NDSU coaching staff are recruiting the Blue Star midwest tournament, Oct. 1 and 2. *

http://www.bluestarbb.com/USJN-EliteOktoberfest-MIDWEST.htm

Good to see the NDSU logo up there with Vandy, Michigan, Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Michigan State.

Blue Star is a national ranking organization for girl's basketball.

sambini
09-28-2005, 02:02 AM
Go get some future Bison Amy and good luck..

mikelsch
09-28-2005, 04:31 PM
This upcoming recruiting class is CRUCIAL for the women's BB program. With 2 seniors on this team and only 9 scholarship players remaining after this year, Ruley and company have up to 6 players to sign. Jenna Lemnus (C 6-3 Jr.) is one if she plays next season.

2005-2006 Team
Penley, Jerri C 6-2 Fr.
Ellison, Danielle F 5-8 Fr.
Sonstelie, Ali C 6-1 RFr.
Slyt, Brenda F 6-0 So.
Bue, Lisa G 5-10 So.
Dahlen, Katie G 5-10 Jr.
Heintzelman, Danni C 6-1 Jr.
Dahlen, Kayla F 5-10 Jr.
Gibbs, Brandee C 6-4 Jr.
Lorenz, Katie G 5-8 Sr.
Girodat, Amanda G 5-8 Sr.

NoDakSt
09-28-2005, 05:35 PM
I wasn't aware that Liz Preller had quit the team as well.

Fun to see Amy recruiting at the big tournaments. Hope to see some great talent being brought in.

NoDakSt
10-06-2005, 04:49 PM
A bit off topic, but as NDSU will likely host the Minnesota Gopher women next season it may be appropos:

The Gopher women received a Blue Chip commit from 6'0" F Korrine Campbell out of New Jersey. At one time, Tennessee, Rutgers, and Texas were showing interest.

Gopher Coach Borton has been drawing the top talent from Minnesota since Lindsey Whalen played....now she is expanding her efforts nationwide: her last three recruiting classes have included players from Oregon ((1), Illinois (3), Colorado (1), and New Jersey. This appears to be a model for creating a strong national program.

NoDakSt
10-07-2005, 05:08 PM
The player I will miss from last year is Lacey Johnson. She seemed to be that special spark that would give the team whatever they needed on whatever night. There was one game where she blocked 7 shots. That same game she pulled down 15 boards. Another time she went 7 for 9 from beyond the arc. And there were several games where she had 6 or more assists. She had a versatility to do what ever the team needed and that didn't always mean being the leading scorer.

sambini
10-08-2005, 08:15 AM
++ This year I look for Katie Lorenz to lead this team.

NoDakSt
10-08-2005, 07:05 PM
"++ This year I look for Katie Lorenz to lead this team."

True, katie has been the lynchpin for the team since she was a frosh.