PDA

View Full Version : Rabbit women kick Huskers

RonRabbit
11-19-2005, 08:10 PM
Jack women kicked the UNL Huskers this afternoon, 68-49, basically dominating a very good Big 12 team that returned a lot of starters and experienced players.

After the nice showing of the Bison men against the Gophers last night (watched the whole game), I'd say the State U's are there and teams are going to take notice.

Bisonguy
11-19-2005, 08:27 PM
Congrats!

I don't know if the Bison men "are there" yet, but I saw a great foundation for an improving BB program.

kchats
11-19-2005, 08:31 PM
The Bison women didn't play very well in the first half last night either hopefully they can play well tonight and pick up a win.

Congrats on the big win SDSU. Were the Huskers an experienced team or are they young this season?

RonRabbit
11-19-2005, 08:38 PM
Both NDSU and SDSU, having kept their powder dry last year and as a result, having little experience this year but lots of potential, will rapidly learn and by mid-season, will be very dangerous teams. *

I think the NDSU club that took to the floor at Williams Arena, one of the tougher places to play ball (and worry about falling off the floor), would have beaten, many, many D-1 teams last night. *The Gophers are experienced and talented enough to recover from the opening shock. *Many teams wouldn't. *

Compare: The score of the Jackrabbit game against Illinois was worse than the score against probably a more talented Kentucky team last Sunday. *However, the Jacks did a lot of things right against Illinois.

The point is: The Bison and Rabbits are very inexperienced teams who are showing some guts in taking it to what all would say are far superior ball clubs. *I think the Jacks had some bad pre-game jitters before Kentucky, something I didn't see at all when the Bison started against the Gophers.

I don't think we'll hear any disrespect about either NDSU and SDSU (okay, your pesky buddies up north will never say anything nice) the rest of the year.

RonRabbit
11-19-2005, 08:39 PM
The Bison women didn't play very well in the first half last night either hopefully they can play well tonight and pick up a win.

Congrats on the big win SDSU. *Were the Huskers an experienced team or are they young this season?

Huskers very experienced...made it to the WNIT last year. They are picked pre-season to finished #5 in the Big 12 but they thought (prior to the SDSU game) that they'd be better than that.

kchats
11-19-2005, 08:41 PM
Even better win then. Congratulations!

NoDakSt
11-19-2005, 08:44 PM
Terrific win for the Rabbits.....huskers are a Big 12 team on the rise especiallywith kiera Hardy, who was a stud in the conference.

RonRabbit
11-19-2005, 08:52 PM
In the post-game discussion, sounds like the Rabbit women basically won every statistical category. *The Rabbits came out running right away (we're real fast this year) and the Huskers within minutes had to start fouling. *They then discovered we're a real solid free-throw shooting team. *Downhill from there for the Huskers. *

Hey, I'll quit talking on your board but I think that our fortunes (NDSU and SDSU) are somewhat tied together and I remember what a good women's team we had last year and the BISON STILL BEAT US...so, I thought you'd like to know how we did against Nebraska. *I think its fair to say that if SDSU can do that well against the Huskers, then NDSU could beat the Huskers by 10 points (see, I don't give you the same margin * ;) *). I'll shut up now.

sambini
11-20-2005, 05:33 AM
Nice win Rabbits. Thanks for the info.

Yellow
11-21-2005, 05:49 AM
I dont think NDSU's women team will be very good this year. They are low in depth and havnt that much D1 talent. The Mens team seems to be, and will be a big draw in the comming years. I cant wait 3 years down the road, i think we will make some noise!

silkamilkamonico
11-23-2005, 09:36 PM
I dont think NDSU's women team will be very good this year. They are low in depth and havnt that much D1 talent. The Mens team seems to be, and will be a big draw in the comming years. I cant wait 3 years down the road, i think we will make some noise!

I agree.

I wasn't happy at all with what I saw from them, and I do think they will struggle this year.

The men on the other hand, I think could steal a few victories here and there against some good teams.

See Yuz.

bisondad
11-23-2005, 09:41 PM
Now that the SDSU women have racked up a win against a major D-I opponent, who will be the first men's team to do the same. NDSU or SDSU? and against who?

RonRabbit
11-26-2005, 05:09 PM
SDSU 82, Colorado State U 75 in women's basketball Friday, 11/25/05.

CSU led by Lindsay Thomas of Sioux Falls, SD. Interesting note: Lindsay's dad and uncles were Jackrabbit basketball stars for the great SDSU teams in the last half of the 60s and the first couple years of the 70s (John, Mel, Dave etc.)

SDSU, a/k/a "the Road Warriers", plays UC-Irvine in Colorado on Sunday.

JBB
11-26-2005, 07:27 PM
right now it 45-33 NDSU women over Ball State. *I see on the tv scores that the men trail E Mich 21-18

4.48 to play NDSU 56 and Georgetown 42, its the Ball State Classic, we are not playing Ball State we are playing at the Ball State Classic.

TheBisonator
11-26-2005, 07:58 PM
right now it 45-33 NDSU women over Ball State. *I see on the tv scores that the men trail E Mich 21-18

4.48 to play NDSU 56 and Georgetown 42, its the Ball State Classic, we are not playing Ball State we are playing at the Ball State Classic.

Both the men and women might pick up big wins today. Let's keep it up.

BTW, the Bison men are still shooting for their first "official" win against a DI opponent in the transition, because last year's SDSU win did not count as a "Division I" win.

Men are trailing Eastern Michigan 36-35 at the half.

TheBisonator
11-26-2005, 07:59 PM
Bison Women beat Georgetown 64-51, I just saw it on ESPN.com!!!

Congrats to the ladies!!!

pwbnd
11-26-2005, 08:06 PM
about 17:00 left, bison up by 3 on eastern michigan

kchats
11-26-2005, 09:36 PM
Bison men beat Eastern Michigan going away today 87-65 and the men shot 76% in the second half. Great win for the Bison men today against a division I team that beat Cal earlier this year.

RonRabbit
11-27-2005, 06:01 AM
Great wins for the Bison women and men.

sambini
11-27-2005, 07:52 PM
Thanks Ron Rabbit. Good luck to the JACKS.