PDA

View Full Version : Bison Women vs Minn-Duluth

NoDakSt
12-15-2005, 06:46 PM
One of the top teams in Division II will be at the BSA on Friday night. *9-1 Minnesota Duluth, and their superstar, Lindsey Dietz, will take on the Bison. *Last year the Bison overcame' Dietz's 20 points and 9 boards to break a Duluth 5-game winning streak, defeating the Dogs 68-57.

For the Bison to win Frdiay night, they will need a better showing than they had against MSUM.

roadwarrior
12-15-2005, 09:31 PM
Brett Winkelman's older sister plays for Duluth.

Gamehunter
12-15-2005, 11:17 PM
One of the top teams in Division II will be at the BSA on Friday night. 9-1 Minnesota Duluth, and their superstar, Lindsey Dietz, will take on the Bison. Last year the Bison overcame' Dietz's 20 points and 9 boards to break a Duluth 5-game winning streak, defeating the Dogs 68-57.

For the Bison to win Frdiay night, they will need a better showing than they had against MSUM.

The Bison team that beat MSUM is not nearly the same Bison team it usually is.

NoDakSt
12-15-2005, 11:44 PM
Winkleman's sis is the second leading scorer and rebounder on the team....she and Dietz provide a formidible inside tandem.

"The Bison team that beat MSUM is not nearly the same Bison team it usually is. "

True...Amy said that between traveling and tests, the women were tired. I expect a well rested team tomorrow.

mikelsch
12-16-2005, 04:00 PM
I hope the women bring their A game tonight. Duluth put up a good fight last year, and have most everyone back...currently ranked #22 in DII with 10-1 record.

NoDakSt
12-17-2005, 12:24 AM
I'm not getting any radio coverage or livestats coverate. According to Yahoo...NDSU leads Duluth 16-7.

DenverBison05
12-17-2005, 12:29 AM
Try again, because Im getting it

NoDakSt
12-17-2005, 12:31 AM
There we go...Bison lead 28-23...Dietz had 13 points for the Bulldogs and is going to the foul line.

NoDakSt
12-17-2005, 12:34 AM
Bulldogs lead by one.

Amy has three frosh in....are the starters in foul trouble?

NoDakSt
12-17-2005, 12:37 AM
At the half, Bison trail by one after leading by 11 twice. Amy is resting Lorenz and Gibbs, and Heintzelman who has 2 fouls. Lorenz has 12 for the Bison. Bietz has 14.

somebison
12-17-2005, 12:57 AM
I have got the game on video, but can't find out the score

the streaming rate is now 539k the same as FB,

also saw where they are streaming wrestling :o ;D

somebison
12-17-2005, 01:13 AM
NDSU down 1 with 10 to go

somebison
12-17-2005, 01:19 AM
NDSU down 7, 7 t ogo >:(

Rodentia
12-17-2005, 01:43 AM
Duluth 63, Bison 55 1:15 to go 2nd half.

mikelsch
12-17-2005, 02:14 AM
Bison lose - YUCK! I am not getting the feeling of improved players from the DII days like the men's team is putting on the court. Not just saying that because of the loss.

NoDakSt
12-17-2005, 02:24 AM
Ugh....

Seems like they are sleep walking the last two games...

Look at that rebound differential. Duluth smacked us around.

Big difference was at the end of the 1st half when Amy had 3 frosh in...interesting decision.

Alabama comes in on Tuesday.

Jeffdaryl3rd
12-18-2005, 02:20 AM
The mens team has seemed much improved this season but this loss leads me to question whether the women's team is showing the same improvement. Having not seen them play yet this year I was wondering what someone's take is that has seen them. Was this just a fluke (I know UMD has a big time player in Dietz) or has the team not gotten any better?

NoDakSt
12-18-2005, 08:10 PM
"The mens team has seemed much improved this season but this loss leads me to question whether the women's team is showing the same improvement."

Bison have played some good ball. They beat a good Middle Tennessee State team (who play Penn State today) and they gave New Mexico a good run for the money.

Definitely there are members of the women's team that are showing improvement over last year (Danni, Lisa Bue). Is the team as a whole better? The level of talent of the opposition is entirely different this year. The Bison are not going to have the best talent on the floor this year in most of their games. They are going to have to rely on strong fundamentals and they are working some new players into the system so things aren't always clicking consistently.

Jeffdaryl3rd
12-18-2005, 08:32 PM
Thanks for the info. I wasn't trying to dump on the women's program just hadn't seen them play.

silkamilkamonico
12-18-2005, 09:04 PM
Thanks for the info. *I wasn't trying to dump on the women's program just hadn't seen them play.

I heard some comments made about the women's team, saying how their recruiting has really dropped off in the last few years. Lorenz is really the last 'stud' recruit that I can remember.

I haven't been real impressed with the games I have seen from them.

They got absolutely manhandled inside by Division 2 Minnesota Duluth, and I think that poses some serious concern.

Like what was stated, they did beat a good Midd Tenn State team and played NMS tough for awhile.

As far as women's goes, I don't think there is alot of difference in talent at all between division 1 (with the exception of elite) and the NCC in Division 2.

UMD could obviously more then hold their own, and I think the Sioux are even better then UMD, so they would have absolutely no problem with an NDSU like schedule either as far as being competitive.

Good thing I'm more of a men's fan, because my friend who's a Sioux alumni just won't get off my back about that loss, despite the other tough teams NDSU has played and beat.

Bisonguy
12-18-2005, 09:28 PM
Good thing I'm more of a men's fan, because my friend who's a Sioux alumni just won't get off my back about that loss, despite the other tough teams NDSU has played and beat.

Just keep telling him that the NDSU women would beat the UND men by 40.

NoDakSt
12-18-2005, 09:54 PM
Just for the record, the Sioux women eked out a 4 pt. win over powerhouse Minnesota Crookston last week. *I predict the typical Sioux scenario...they book through the NCC, win the conference and get knocked out of the regionals in the semi-finals.

NoDakSt
12-18-2005, 09:58 PM
No Bunny Love for 'Tide coach, Stephany Smith. last year as head coach of the Middle Tennesse team, the SDSU JackWomen beat them at Murpheesboro. This year, as headcoach at Alabama, her Tide team is getting handled in Brookings.

Hopefully the same thing happens to this year's Tide team as what happened to this year's Midd Tennesee team. Tough game in Brookings and then we pick them off in Fargo.

silkamilkamonico
12-18-2005, 10:18 PM
The women need to find a way to transfer the type of energy against the Mid Tenn St. etc, to when they play at home against local competition.

Isn't there a transfer that's sitting out for them until next semester?

silkamilkamonico
12-18-2005, 10:21 PM
Just keep telling him that the NDSU women would beat the UND men by 40.

That's hilarious. ;D

I've seen both the men and women play this year, and the men are just god-awful to watch. How he's still their coach I have no idea. Really shows where they prioritize the sport. And who knows, maybe they like it like that to keep their hockey program flourishing.

RonRabbit
12-19-2005, 02:18 AM
No Bunny Love for 'Tide coach, Stephany Smith. *last year as head coach of the Middle Tennesse team, the SDSU JackWomen beat them at Murpheesboro. * This year, as headcoach at Alabama, her Tide team is getting handled in Brookings.

Hopefully the same thing happens to this year's Tide team as what happened to this year's Midd Tennesee team. *Tough game in Brookings and then we pick them off in Fargo. *

Jackrabbits beat them at Alabama last year. If NDSU treats them badly too, I wonder if they'll ever want to wander up this direction again!? Good luck to the Bison: hope you can post a win against 'Bama.

mikelsch
12-19-2005, 07:45 PM
The Bison should play Duluth every year just to see their head coach, Sue Fiero.

http://www.umdbulldogs.com/womens/basketball/coaching.php

NoDakSt
12-19-2005, 09:20 PM
Middle Tennessee women beat Penn State at a neutral site yesterday. Granted the Penn State program isn't what it used to be due to transfers, graduation what have you, but it still is a good measuring stick.

As was stated, the bison need to get into that mode they were in for the Mid-Tennessee game