PDA

View Full Version : Tex-CC Women

Mr._Bill
02-11-2006, 10:09 PM
Bison down 20 early in the 2nd Half. I can't believe that this is the same team I watched play with the gophers.

BisonBacker
02-11-2006, 10:16 PM
This is a season Amy will want to forget.

BisonBacker
02-11-2006, 10:26 PM
Bison women are going to take another one on the chin. 48-29 Bison down, the season can't get over soon enough for Amy.

Mr._Bill
02-11-2006, 10:31 PM
I seriously thought the bison could be a top 100 rpi team. But the past year on the recruiting and retaining front have not been great. The men have taken the lead and have a greater upside currently.

Women's BB needs to be a priority for NDSU. This is another area we can put NDSU on the map.

BisonBacker
02-11-2006, 10:38 PM
Everyone thought that when talking about Basketball and the move up that Amy and the womens team would have a greater chance at immediate success rather then the mens team but it sure hasn't worked out that way. I'm glad the men are doing as well as they are but I feel bad for Amy and the girls that they are struggling like they are. I just hope that the incoming recruits Amy has signed are able to contribute because the team lacks depth and talent right now and unlike former Bison womens teams where freshman had to work there way into the lineup and likely as a sophmore we don't have that luxury to sit them out like Tim does on the mens team. We need immediate help. I guess only time will tell if this years class of recruits can step up to the line and contribute, it won't be easy. But one thing going for them is they have one of the best coaches in womens basketball to show them the way.

BisonBacker
02-11-2006, 10:43 PM
Bison lose 5 straight and only score 36 points. OUCH
59-36 Bison women lose. UGLY!

BisonCountry
02-11-2006, 10:43 PM
Final

TexasAm - CC 59
NDSU 36

I think the Bison shot under 20% in the 1st half, not much better in the 2nd.

sambini
02-12-2006, 12:17 AM
She needs some depth and I think the travel has got up to them.

MinotBison
02-12-2006, 01:46 AM
I seriously thought the bison could be a top 100 rpi team. * But the past year on the recruiting and retaining front have not been great. *The men have taken the lead and have a greater upside currently.

Women's BB needs to be a priority for NDSU. *This is another area we can put NDSU on the map.

What was the story with not being able to retain some of the players? How many did not stay, why did they leave, etc.

B-Ball_Roadgamer
02-12-2006, 02:20 AM
Liz Preller
? Hooten >Redshirt
Allison Hanson
A freshman point guard from Michigan? Wisconsin?
that supposedly got homesick?

silkamilkamonico
02-12-2006, 07:55 PM
Amy has also recruited a few girls over the last few years that have choose UND over NDSU.

IMO looking at the team with the exception of Katie Lorenz, Ruley has either been outrecruited, or she seriousyl needs to reevaluate what shes looking for in a recruit.

JACKGUYII
02-14-2006, 03:26 AM
Jacks women beat Tex CC tonight 71-48. Next up the Bison Women in Fargo.

sambini
02-14-2006, 03:35 AM
Lets get a good crowd in Fargo to support these young ladies. Now is not the time to abandon them. This is when they need us Bison fans.++

BisonTyme
02-14-2006, 04:23 PM
I agree Sambini. These Women have worked very hard this season. These are not professionals and everybody goes through tough times. Lets get out there and show them what TRUE Bison fans are!