PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Bison Player

NoDakSt
04-12-2006, 09:07 PM
Just curious to find out if any Bison fans have a fave women's basketball player, who it is, and why?

I was a year ahead of Pat Smykowski at 'SU but having grown up near Wahpeton, I had followed her exploits even prior to her being a Bison, when she played for Lidgerwood. Similarily, my high school was in the same district as Kristi Kremer's Wheaton warriors and I had observed first hand how she could dominate a game. When those two announced their decision to attend SU, I was ecstatic...the very best of ND and Minnesota on the same team. I could not wait to see the two of them on the floor together. I followed the Bison very closely all four years they played at SU.

mikelsch
04-12-2006, 09:46 PM
Kasey Morlock - the most dominant and acclaimed Bison of all-time

kchats
04-13-2006, 03:43 AM
I agree with Kasey Morlock.

Nadine Schmidt, Jody Buck, Jane Even, Theresa Lang are all good choices as well.

USA_Hockey
04-13-2006, 09:12 PM
Kasey Morlock - the most dominant and acclaimed Bison of all-time

She's from my hometown, watched her play high school basketball all the way up. Her mom is still the head coach of our girls high school team and was one of my former teachers. Kasey is now an assistant under her mom.

semobison
04-14-2006, 12:56 AM
Jody Buck, she could play, and she was a hottie! :P

tcbison
04-14-2006, 03:40 PM
Rhonda Birch could shoot the rock and was a hottie as well! Those teams in the 1990's were a ton of fun to watch. Jen Rademacher, Lori Roufs, Kasey Morlock were quite a team.

sambini
04-15-2006, 09:05 PM
KASEY MORLOCK HANDS DOWN.+++++++++++++++

mjh
04-18-2006, 09:38 PM
My favorite WBP is Darcy Steere. She was the best rebounder we've ever had. If amy could teach just one of her current players to work around the basket like Darcy she would have won a bunch more games this year.

NoDakSt
04-19-2006, 12:52 AM
My favorite WBP is Darcy Steere. *She was the best rebounder we've ever had. *If amy could teach just one of her current players to work around the basket like Darcy she would have won a bunch more games this year. *

Check dat!! Darcy could probably squat a small automobile. She wasn't tall (5-10"), and I don't remember her being able to leap over a stack of credit cards piled horizontally, but Darcy used her considrable ASSETS to establish position and to box everyone out. Additionally, she could keep opposing post player from establishing position. You weren't going to move her unless your name is Courtney Paris. On offense, she used her big body to hold off defenders while awaiting the pass inside and once she got it, it was fake, and they POWER UP.!!

Amy has some solidly built posts in Sonstelie and Dani H. but I don't know if they have the physique to body up oppsoing players like Darcy could.

Bison_Dan
04-19-2006, 12:05 PM
KASEY MORLOCK was so fun to watch because she was such a smart bb player. ;D

kchats
04-20-2006, 03:41 AM
Kasey Morlock carried the team to quite a few wins almost singlehandedly. I remember quite a few games where the team was struggling so they just put the ball in Kasey's hands.

tony
04-20-2006, 10:13 AM
So many great ones - impossible to choose.

BisonMav
04-20-2006, 12:14 PM
Edie Boyer :)

semobison
04-20-2006, 12:33 PM
Edie Boyer, great story, Great basketball player, hearing disabeled, World Class discus thrower also. Threw for the USA in some international meets!