PDA

View Full Version : A tip of the hat to the women's program

tony
08-10-2006, 01:16 PM
http://sbsun.com/sports/ci_4160109

"We are the premier D2 program in the country, now that North Dakota State has advanced to D1. I feel it's important to the players and progeram to find a coach now." Brian Swanson, Cal Poly Pomona Athletic Director (like NDSU, Cal Poly Pomona has five NCAA WBB championship trophies)

Maybe compliments don't mean much in the grand scheme o' things, but sometimes I take what Ruley and company have accomplished for granted. Can't wait to see what they do in DI once they are eligible.

BisonBacker
08-10-2006, 01:39 PM
That's a good point Tony, especially when you look back at last years season and the grumblings from some who were looking to drop the hammer on arguably the best DII WBB coach and most certainly the best WBB coach in NDSU history. Amy deserves so much credit for much of the exposure NDSU has had over the years. Compliments may not mean alot to some but I suspect Amy appreciates them and hopefully the future of DI will bring more of them for her and NDSU.

sambini
08-10-2006, 04:28 PM
Very good point Tony. ++++++++++++++

kchats
08-11-2006, 12:50 AM
Amy would be snapped up quickly if NDSU was ever foolish enough to let her go. Amy has done a phenomenol job at NDSU and has had one poor season. Remember 2 seasons ago the Bison women only lost one game and that was to TCU an NCAA women's tournament team. Amy will have the program back up to where it belongs (near the top).

Mr_Meanor
08-11-2006, 02:16 AM
Amy would be snapped up quickly if NDSU was ever foolish enough to let her go. *Amy has done a phenomenol job at NDSU and has had one poor season. *Remember 2 seasons ago the Bison women only lost one game and that was to TCU an NCAA women's tournament team. *Amy will have the program back up to where it belongs (near the top).

Don't get me wrong here...I think Amy is a great coach and has done great things for NDSU and girls basketball in general. However....that season 2 years ago was agaist mainly D2 and NAIA schools. Like I said I think Amy is a great coach but I do have a one concern about her since making the move to D1 and thats recruiting. Over the last few years I don't think she has done as good as a job as she should have. I know we just made the jump so I am willing to give her a few more years to turn it back around. But I really think she need to extend her recruiting base and try to get players from outside MN, ND and SD. Hopefull if we get into the MidCon that would help. I have not given up on Amy yet but I think he is going to have to work much harder on getting better recruits up here.

kchats
08-11-2006, 02:33 AM
Didn't she sign a player from Canada this year? She has extended her recruiting area and the women's team will be much improved over last season. You seem to forget Amy is a great coach and is in the Hall of Fame. You don't get there without being extremely driven, competitive and successful. I have heard that Amy is on a mission this year and that is because I'm sure she was disappointed with the outcome of last season.

I pointed out the one loss season because it was only two years ago. Yes many of the teams weren't division I but the Bison did beat Cincinnati and SDSU twice.

BisonMav
08-11-2006, 12:12 PM
To Amy, Lynn and the Women's Basketball Program
http://www.tohaveandtohold.com.au/Assets/images/Etching_Designs/60.gif

sambini
08-12-2006, 03:47 AM
You gals rock++++++++++++++++++