PDA

View Full Version : Bison sign three in late period.

NoDakSt
04-14-2006, 02:19 AM
Bison sign in the late signing period:

5'7" So. Emily Moran, NE CC College
6'0" So. Ashley Samuelson (Underwood, Mn. by way of Colorado State)
6'1" Georgia Popovici (Edmonton, Alberta, Canda/Jasper Place H.S

"Popovici was a member of Alberta under-17 provincial teams that were silver medalists at the 2005 Canada Summer Games and 2004 Canada Nationals. "

http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=267836

kchats
04-14-2006, 02:27 AM
Sounds like Amy is well on the way to improving the team. Sounds like a couple will help immediately. Great job Amy.

NoDakSt
04-14-2006, 02:33 AM
What we need is a big inside post player. Kind of like Bubba Paris' twin kids at Oklahoma. Does anyone know if Alan page has a daughter?

silkamilkamonico
04-14-2006, 05:17 PM
So if Moran and Samuelson are sophomores transferring in, and I know Samuelson will probably have to sit out a year, will Moran have to sit also?

Never mind, I see Moran is at a CC so it won't matter with her, she'll be able to play and hopefullu contribute right away.

NoDakSt
04-14-2006, 07:47 PM
I'm questioning whether Moran is coming in as a Sophomore. She was on the NE CC team 2004-2005 as a frosh. Unless she had an injury last season, she should have played at would therefore enter SU as a junior. I can't find any record of Moran not having played an entire season last year.

RedRiver
04-14-2006, 09:12 PM
So if Moran and Samuelson are sophomores transferring in, and I know Samuelson will probably have to sit out a year, will Moran have to sit also?

Never mind, I see Moran is at a CC so it won't matter with her, she'll be able to play and hopefullu contribute right away.

It was reported on a TV sports report that Samuelson will be petitioning the NCAA to become eligible immediately for the upcoming season.

roadwarrior
04-14-2006, 09:42 PM
Emily Moran played for two years at NE CC. She was a two time all conference selection.

silkamilkamonico
04-14-2006, 11:27 PM
It was reported on a TV sports report that Samuelson will be petitioning the NCAA to become eligible immediately for the upcoming season.

Yeah. Hopefulyl something good happens.

I would expect her to lose her appeal though, as most transfers do that don't want to sit a year.

I would still expect her to have to sit, but maybe something positive comes out of it.

DIBISON
04-15-2006, 04:21 AM
Amy was on PTS tonight with Scott Miller and discussed the appeal. The reason for the transfer to NDSU was because the scholarship was taken away by Colorado St. and not because the student-athlete transferred on her own. Therefore, the appeal is because of that situation, therefore there is a better chance that the NCAA will allow immediate eligibility.

TheDoctor
04-18-2006, 04:17 AM
Hopefully this is good news and she won't have to sit a year. :)

NoDakSt
04-18-2006, 05:45 AM
Forum article on Georgia Popovici.

http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=123987&section=Sports And it sounds like Ashley will still have to sit out a year.

RedRiver
07-28-2006, 01:00 PM
http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=134623&section=Sports

Bison women sign two more transfers!!

IowaBisonToo
07-28-2006, 01:22 PM
I like how Walseth said NDSU appealed to her because it has the major – secondary education – that she wanted. And I thought NDSU wasn't known for their education program. ;)

NoDakSt
07-28-2006, 05:47 PM
Good gets for Amy...looking to future recruiting, we lose 4 after this year (The Dahlens, Giordat, and Heintzelmann). With 13 players returning, that leaves 2 schollies open for new recruits. I hope we can get a good solid point guard. Maybe Hodgson will become that player, but if not, I would like to get a solid playmaker in. I don't know where Walseth is in terms of physical (and mental) conditioning after a year off, but if she is good to go, the prospect of she, Bue, and Samuelson playing together is exciting. I think we also need to find a solid post player who likes to bang around ala Michelle Fricke.

mikelsch
07-28-2006, 07:05 PM
I don't think Jackie Sanden is a scholarship player. I think that Annika Walseth is. If anyone knows for sure, please confirm. Both players have 2 years of eligibility remaining.

BisonMav
07-28-2006, 08:47 PM
I don't think Jackie Sanden is a scholarship player. *I think that Annika Walseth is. *If anyone knows for sure, please confirm. * Both players have 2 years of eligibility remaining.

Saw Walseth play a few times from 7-12.
Glad she's a Bison

sambini
07-28-2006, 08:58 PM
Thanks for the info GIL++++++++++++++

NoDakSt
07-28-2006, 09:53 PM
Annika's older sis was Maren *Walseth, a two-time First Team All-Big 10 Conference Player at Penn State who played in the WNBA. *Hope the basketball gene is alive and well in lil sis.

This is very exciting...first Samuelson, then Walseth...two "local" kids who were tops in their respective high school classes. They have the skills needed to upgrade the Bison program to Division I.

I also like the CSU pipeline to NDSU...hopefully it continues in the future. One of the top Minnesota players from 2007, Elle Queen, is a verbal to CSU and if NDSU could get her.....

NoDakSt
08-25-2006, 01:59 AM
http://www.courant.com/media/photo/2004-12/15590756.jpg

Pic of Annika Walseth...she's the blond.