PDA

View Full Version : 2006-2007 preview

silkamilkamonico
10-28-2006, 08:09 PM
So how do ya'll think the Bison will be this year?

I'm hoping we can finish around .500.

I seriously think the women's program is going through a low period. We lost the heart and soul of this team in Lorenz last year, and although the midnight madness doesn't say much of anything as far as true competitiors, I'm not impressed by any of the recruits and other new Bison.

I don't think Hientzelman has developed the way the coaching staff would have wanted her too, and the lack of a floor leader at the moment is a glaring weakness.

I'm a little concerned about the program at this point, and Im hoping maybe someone can throw some hope my way, because I really don't know what to expect from this team at all.

How much weight should we hold in the exhibition against MSU-Moorhead, in terms of what we should expect from the team this year? Or will it be a work in progress throughout the entire year, and hopefully we will be peaking at the end of season?

Discuss.

kchats
10-28-2006, 10:04 PM
Don't know what to expect but I think you will be surprised. Amy is in the Hall of Fame for a reason and she will have them ready. 9 new players is alot and it might take time to gel but the men did it last year while playing in Canada.

NoDakSt
10-29-2006, 12:31 PM
I think we should relax and enjoy the season.

I suspect that this year will be a year of transition but I think the program is going strong. Evidence of this? We are pulling in players like Ashley Samuelson, who was receiving attention from Division I coaches. I don't know how many of our previous greats received this kind of attention. We're pulling in some strong regional kids.

I think having a conference helps as well. Now we have a consistent schedule, can establish league rivalries (Beyond SDSU), and can shoot for a conference championship.

I wouldn't be surprised to see AMy play a lot of players in games with MSU, etc. just to find out how folks do in game situations. that means we might see closer games and losses as she tries to get combinations that work.

Mr._Bill
10-29-2006, 01:50 PM
With all the changes, my expectations this year are not very high either, but I hope they surprise me. I will expect that they compete for the mid-con title in 2007-08, but will be a little patient this year.

STC_TFA
10-29-2006, 07:18 PM
They will go as far as our seniors will take us.......

mikelsch
10-29-2006, 09:12 PM
This team will be much better than last year's edition, and things will get even better in 2007-2008

daherd
11-01-2006, 03:41 AM
I really don't see how this team is going to be any better then last year. I hope I am wrong. They won't have much of a post presence and will lack athletes. I think they are a few years away still. It seemed like all the D1 teams we played last year were a lot quicker, stronger and just all around better athletes then the bison women. And from what I saw at midnight madness they haven't improved in those areas. We do have one of the best coaches around in Ruley so I am confident she can build a solid program in the near future.
Good luck this season ladies

kchats
11-03-2006, 04:02 AM
Being dominated by a poor division II team in Moorhead State is not a good sign. Looks like a long year with more losses than last season.