PDA

View Full Version : Terry V.'s SDSU Blog

kchats
11-13-2006, 03:27 AM
From Terry V's SDSU Blog during SDSU's men's loss today to VMI 104-89.

Q) Are the SDSU men and NDSU women on similar paths in D-I? A) Funny you should ask that; I’m planning on delving into that in the near future. In other words, there are some parallels. A couple differences: Nagy has a long career ahead of him, while Bison coach Amy Ruley is closer to retirement. Plus, the Jacks, in my opinion, have had more things go against them (injuries, etc.) than NDSU has. Plus, the SDSU men don’t have a neighboring D-I program to compete with for recruits (yet) the way NDSU does in being so close to the powerful UND women. The Sioux surpassed the Bison before the D-I move and that has hurt during the transition.

Will be interested in reading his article in the Sioux Falls Argus Leader on this.

NoDakSt
11-13-2006, 02:48 PM
I think we should highlight this post.....and the blog address...it could look pretty silly next year.

ALPHAMALE
11-13-2006, 03:05 PM
I think it will look silly yet this year as the SDSU men improve. No way Nagy gets as bad as Amy!

broke_back_mnt
11-13-2006, 03:49 PM
I agee, its not a good idea to write Amy off yet. She is a couple of years behind Miles but I think she has a lot of talent waiting in the wings.

Gamehunter
11-13-2006, 09:29 PM
I think it will look silly yet this year as the SDSU men improve. No way Nagy gets as bad as Amy!

I dunno about that. The SDSU men just lost to Alabama A&M, bottomdweller extraordinare. To top it off, Alabama A&M has like 8 true freshman on the roster and only 2 starters back from last year....basically a bottomdweller in a rebuilding stage....

DenverBison05
11-13-2006, 09:45 PM
I think it will look silly yet this year as the SDSU men improve. *No way Nagy gets as bad as Amy!

We'll see just how bad SDSU is on Thursday when they take on Idaho in Brookings. Got a feeling that this game might get ugly for the bunnies.

ALPHAMALE
11-13-2006, 09:56 PM

I dunno about that. The SDSU men just lost to Alabama A&M, bottomdweller extraordinare. To top it off, Alabama A&M has like 8 true freshman on the roster and only 2 starters back from last year....basically a bottomdweller in a rebuilding stage....

Yeah, at least they were D-I. Amy has yet to win a game this season... exhibition D-II or not. At least Nagy got his team to take care of their NSIC opponent in exhibition play.

ALPHAMALE
11-13-2006, 10:01 PM

We'll see just how bad SDSU is on Thursday when they take on Idaho in Brookings. Got a feeling that this game might get ugly for the bunnies.

Ugly? Not sure why you say that, the last two games they lost by 4 and 15 points, not exactly ugly. The last game they had 33 turnovers... you think they might be a young team? Hell, if they had kept it to 20 turnovers they would have had a blowout of VMI. I wonder if a true pg might help this team out some....

DenverBison05
11-13-2006, 10:22 PM
I think it will look silly yet this year as the SDSU men improve. *No way Nagy gets as bad as Amy!

We'll see just how bad SDSU is on Thursday when they take on Idaho in Brookings. *Got a feeling that this game might get ugly for the bunnies.

Ugly? *Not sure why you say that, the last two games they lost by 4 and 15 points, not exactly ugly. *The last game they had 33 turnovers... you think they might be a young team? *Hell, if they had kept it to 20 turnovers they would have had a blowout of VMI. *I wonder if a true pg might help this team out some....

15 points isnt ugly? No wonder you have been struggling if your team thinks that a 15 point lose was close. We lost by 13 to Minnesota and our coach just stated that he made his team watch it, because it was "like a slap in the face."

ALPHAMALE
11-13-2006, 10:55 PM

Ugly? Not sure why you say that, the last two games they lost by 4 and 15 points, not exactly ugly. The last game they had 33 turnovers... you think they might be a young team? Hell, if they had kept it to 20 turnovers they would have had a blowout of VMI. I wonder if a true pg might help this team out some....

15 points isnt ugly? No wonder you have been struggling if your team thinks that a 15 point lose was close. We lost by 13 to Minnesota and our coach just stated that he made his team watch it, because it was "like a slap in the face."

A slap in the face because it was a winnable game? First, I don't have anything to do with the team, so I don't think you can say "no wonder they lose if you think....", that doesn't make any sense. 2nd, I don't think that the phrase "They got humiliated by 15 points" makes a lot of sense, does it? 15 isn't the end of the world, and it certainly isn't a blow out. You must have been very troubled by the bison last year though, I count 5 times that you lost in "ugly" losses according to your standards.

DenverBison05
11-13-2006, 11:18 PM

We'll see just how bad SDSU is on Thursday when they take on Idaho in Brookings. *Got a feeling that this game might get ugly for the bunnies.

Ugly? *Not sure why you say that, the last two games they lost by 4 and 15 points, not exactly ugly. *The last game they had 33 turnovers... you think they might be a young team? *Hell, if they had kept it to 20 turnovers they would have had a blowout of VMI. *I wonder if a true pg might help this team out some....

15 points isnt ugly? *No wonder you have been struggling if your team thinks that a 15 point lose was close. *We lost by 13 to Minnesota and our coach just stated that he made his team watch it, because it was "like a slap in the face."

A slap in the face because it was a winnable game? *First, I don't have anything to do with the team, so I don't think you can say "no wonder they lose if you think....", that doesn't make any sense. *2nd, I don't think that the phrase "They got humiliated by 15 points" makes a lot of sense, does it? *15 isn't the end of the world, and it certainly isn't a blow out. *You must have been very troubled by the bison last year though, I count 5 times that you lost in "ugly" losses according to your standards. *

I guess I would be disappointed in a 15 pt loss to a team picked to finish last in the Big South by CBS. But I think its about time to end this discussion, were not going to go anywhere with it.

sambini
11-16-2006, 04:53 AM
Former Forum reporter Terry V. hit it on the head with this blog. I sure hope Amy has some players in the wings. I heard the redshirts would all start for her know if they were elegible.

jackrabbit1979
11-16-2006, 01:44 PM
Former Forum reporter Terry V. hit it on the head with this blog. I sure hope Amy has some players in the wings. I heard the redshirts would all start for her know if they were elegible.

My question would be then why are they redshirting? I know you have a couple girls that could be ineligible due to transfer stuff, but you have a number of girls too that are just freshman right. If they can start, play them. You can always recruit more talented players next year too.

NoDakSt
11-16-2006, 04:23 PM
It's the transfers that would be playing right now were they eligible.

sambini
11-17-2006, 02:22 AM
Its the transfers from CSU ETC....

Gamehunter
11-17-2006, 10:31 PM

My question would be then why are they redshirting? I know you have a couple girls that could be ineligible due to transfer stuff, but you have a number of girls too that are just freshman right. If they can start, play them. You can always recruit more talented players next year too.

2 seasons ago Tim Miles redshirted the "Fab 5". They consistently beat the starters in scrimmages but every one of them redshirted. They are now looking at a chance at the Big Dance in 2008. Silly? I think not. Amy may be doing the same thing as painfull as it is to watch this year.

sambini
11-17-2006, 10:55 PM
+++++++++

JackJD
11-18-2006, 03:28 AM
Having watched Amy Ruley-coached teams for a number of years, I think some of you are being a little hasty in writing her off.