PDA

View Full Version : SDSU signees...

NoDakSt
11-08-2006, 09:41 PM
? Macie Michelson, 5-6 point guard, Lynd, Minn. (Marshall High School);
? Kristin Rotert, 6-0 wing, Salem, S.D. (McCook Central High School);
? Jennifer Schuttloffel, 5-11 forward, Sioux Falls, S.D. (Roosevelt High School)

Coach_W
11-10-2006, 04:06 PM
Are Amy's SD recruits better than these 3? Is she taking girls from SD that SDSU wants?

jackrabbit1979
11-11-2006, 12:47 AM
Are Amy's SD recruits better than these 3? *Is she taking girls from SD that SDSU wants?

Well...if you ask SDSU Huskie who posts on this board from time to time, he would say that Wilka is the second coming of Cheryl Miller and that she never considered SDSU because Brookings isn't big enough and it is too close to Sioux Falls. I had never heard that SDSU even offered Wilka, so I don't know if she was highly recruited by SDSU or not. I really don't think we offered either of your other two recruits from what I have read and heard. As far as I know the only recruit we offered that didn't accept (of the recruits we had a shot at anyways) was Jill Young, who accepted an offer to Creighton. I am not talking trash, but I really don't think that Amy is anywhere close to taking girls that SDSU wants. All three of your recruits were within an hour's distance of SDSU so they definately would have been on AJ's radar and would have been offered if desired. Like I said I don't have specific inside knowledge, so I could be wrong.

sdherd
11-11-2006, 02:25 AM
Are Amy's SD recruits better than these 3? *Is she taking girls from SD that SDSU wants?Watch and learn grasshopper.

Well...if you ask SDSU Huskie who posts on this board from time to time, he would say that Wilka is the second coming of Cheryl Miller and that she never considered SDSU because Brookings isn't big enough and it is too close to Sioux Falls. *I had never heard that SDSU even offered Wilka, so I don't know if she was highly recruited by SDSU or not. *I really don't think we offered either of your other two recruits from what I have read and heard. *As far as I know the only recruit we offered that didn't accept (of the recruits we had a shot at anyways) was Jill Young, who accepted an offer to Creighton. *I am not talking trash, but I really don't think that Amy is anywhere close to taking girls that SDSU wants. *All three of your recruits were within an hour's distance of SDSU so they definately would have been on AJ's radar and would have been offered if desired. *Like I said I don't have specific inside knowledge, so I could be wrong.

Walrus
11-11-2006, 02:38 AM
Not all good players will fit in with every coaching style. *Last year in a radio interview, I heard AJ indicate that because of differences in their systems, he and Amy did not generally recruit the same players. *I think it was a post game interview--probably after the last game of the season.

sambini
11-11-2006, 02:44 AM
ONLY TIME WILL TELL +++

sdherd
11-11-2006, 03:18 PM
NDSU signed the #1 player and the #4 player out of SD. SDSU will have a better year than NDSU but
then things will change when they lose Vogel. ;D ;D ;D

ALPHAMALE
11-11-2006, 03:29 PM
NDSU signed the #1 player and the #4 player out of SD. SDSU will have a better year than NDSU but

What are you talking about? The #1 player... I don't think so. And yeah, AJ has really shown problems with reloading his teams lately, right? I mean, Vogel lead us to that national championship, but once she's gone we don't have anything... oh thats right, AJ lead us to a national championship after we lost Many Koepul to USD. Then he had Mellissa Pater that took us to the championship. Then he had Shannon Schlagel. Now he has Megan Vogel. But yeah, there is no other talent coming up on the team. Thats got to be the dumbest post ever. Two weeks ago AJ said "This the most talented team I've ever coached", and thats not just because of Vogel. The entire roster this season is pretty good, and we have added two great players for next season too. But yeah, I'm sure that the signing of your self proclaimed "#1 Player in SD", where ever you got that from is going to totally change the tables on us.

sdherd
11-11-2006, 03:42 PM
Who is Many Koepel ;)

jackrabbit1979
11-11-2006, 07:21 PM

Sorry to start smack on a non smack thread, but I really doubt Vogel is worth the 20-30 point hurtings the Jacks have put on the bison the last few years all by herself. *She is really good, but the talent between the two teams is quite different right now, and that doesn't bode to well because a lot of SDSU's talent is real young. I think it is very comparable to the differences in the SDSU/NDSU men's teams. *I think a lot of your fans would admit that. *BTW, SDHERD, are you a bison fan or another relative/friend/etc. of Tessa Wilka who is now a bison fan like SDSU Huskie? *She is not the #1 player in SD, but you and huskie keep pumping her up on the board here. *I sure hope she delivers...she is going to have enormous expectations with bison fans by the time she plays with the comments you two are posting.

Coach_W
11-12-2006, 02:02 PM
I didn't mean to start an in-state war. It is interesting to get perspective of SD people when it come to recruiting. Good stuff folks.

sambini
11-12-2006, 02:17 PM
++++++

SDSUHuskies
11-12-2006, 09:56 PM
I don't think Tessa Wilka is the second coming of Cheryl Miller or whatever that means. In fact, I know that Tessa was always on SDSU's radar, they wanted her probably the most. However, since she showed no interest from the early going, they didn't want to recruit hard or offer unless she showed interest. I think she is a great player..Jill is also a great player who never even thought of SDSU until her good friend Kristin Rotert verballed there..face it..SDSU does not get the good players. Wilka and Yackley (Yackley commited to Iowa State for '09) stand out above the rest. Yes, as good as Jill Young is, she is somewhat out of position in college. You read her article when she commited to Creighton, they don't know where she stands as far as where she would get playing time. Abby Plucker is a great player, I know that a lot of coaches, including Jill Young's father commented on how great her defense was. A lot of the SDSU fans are in denial that they get the short end of the stick, especially as of lately in both men's and women's. I was an SDSU fan but when my "own kind" start accusing me of things, it's kind of hard to be something when people don't want you to be. I must say I watched the Midnight Madness plus two for SDSU and I didn't think much of them..they are going to get killed by Middle Tennessee and USC (even without Brynn) and all the excuses will come in AS USUAL (oh they barely lost to Maryland, we didn't have so and so, etc.)...in fact SDSU is jealous that USD could probably beat them with all the talent they have in the Hoffman twins and Carda.
You guys said in an earlier post that I was mad because Wilka didn't get offered by SDSU? HA! That's like DWU offering Jill Young. ;D

SDSUHuskies
11-12-2006, 10:01 PM
and No wonder you guys (SDSU) always lose the good players like Lacey Johnson to NDSU. Who was on a CBS Sports special in 2003? You guys won one national title in 2003, with a MINNESOTA player as your best player..big whoop! and in a down year and you guys were known as the "cardiac kids". I'm not a relative/friend of Wilka. In fact, I never met the girl. I just appreciate girls who play the game hard and with passion..not bad attitudes like Kratovil and Schutloffel, the fake girls SDSU recruits! Show's how much class you guys have looking on a NDSU thread..yeah I guess you could say I jumped on the NDSU bandwagon, but hey you gotta go with what's hot

ALPHAMALE
11-12-2006, 10:22 PM
I don't think Tessa Wilka is the second coming of Cheryl Miller or whatever that means. In fact, I know that Tessa was always on SDSU's radar, they wanted her probably the most. However, since she showed no interest from the early going, they didn't want to recruit hard or offer unless she showed interest. I think she is a great player..Jill is also a great player who never even thought of SDSU until her good friend Kristin Rotert verballed there..face it..SDSU does not get the good players. Wilka and Yackley (Yackley commited to Iowa State for '09) stand out above the rest. Yes, as good as Jill Young is, she is somewhat out of position in college. You read her article when she commited to Creighton, they don't know where she stands as far as where she would get playing time. Abby Plucker is a great player, I know that a lot of coaches, including Jill Young's father commented on how great her defense was. A lot of the SDSU fans are in denial that they get the short end of the stick, especially as of lately in both men's and women's. I was an SDSU fan but when my "own kind" start accusing me of things, it's kind of hard to be something when people don't want you to be. I must say I watched the Midnight Madness plus two for SDSU and I didn't think much of them..they are going to get killed by Middle Tennessee and USC (even without Brynn) and all the excuses will come in AS USUAL (oh they barely lost to Maryland, we didn't have so and so, etc.)...in fact SDSU is jealous that USD could probably beat them with all the talent they have in the Hoffman twins and Carda.
You guys said in an earlier post that I was mad because Wilka didn't get offered by SDSU? HA! That's like DWU offering Jill Young. ;D

Do you even know what you're talking about? Yes, I'm sure USD would kill us because they have the Hoffman twins, because they were so effective against us when we played them at texas state or whatever school that was. What was our average margin of victory against them... about 30, does that sound right? We flat out embarrassed them, but now that they are teamed up with Carda, I'm sure their unstoppable. Thats got to be the stupidest post I've ever read.

And yes, I'm sure thats a totally legitimate story there... SDSU wanted Wilka the most, but failed to ever offer her a scholarship, thats usually how things work out in recruiting. If AJ had wanted her, I promise he would have had a scholarship out, thats usually how head coaches "recruit" athletes. But go on believing that ridiculous fantasy about her leading the bison to a sweet 16, that makes lots of sense.

And what excuses have SDSU fans made for their womens basketball team? You act like the program is in disarray or something? I don't think the program has been doing all that bad lately, but I guess we can keep up our "excuses" if the women lose to a ranked programs in the next couple of weeks.... whatever that means. I'm sure you're a true SDSU fan, thinking that a provisional D-I school needs an excuse to lose to #23 USC coming up here...???????

Overall some of the dumbest stuff I've ever read. I guess SDSU will have to keep suffering through our losing seasons in womens basketball though with the Bison left overs, while NDSU has its 20 win season this year....

SDSUHuskies
11-12-2006, 10:40 PM
Keep talking..we'll see what you bring to the table after Vogel graduates..we'll see who you guys will have..NOONE...you're bad recruiting hasn't shown yet..it started with the juniors of this year..Vogel is the last of the mohicans..and YEAH...I'm so sure that all of your players are better than Wilka..get a clue...Wilka would dominate at SDSU from cradle to grave..don't hate the Bison...they are going through a challenging time right now..Gay-J should learn how to recruit for a D1 school they aren't D2 anymore

ALPHAMALE
11-12-2006, 10:53 PM
Gay-J? Are you 5 or what?

JBNJBQ
11-12-2006, 11:00 PM
Gay-J? *Are you 5 or what? *

There is a lot of anger built up in this guy. I believe he is closely related to Tessa Wilka. I am sure she is absolutely embarrassed to death of him. I feel sorry for her and for NDSU who will have to put up with him for the next four or five years. Not hard to see why AJ may have passed on this recruit?

SirHinn
11-13-2006, 01:59 AM
Gay-J? *Are you 5 or what? *

There is a lot of anger built up in this guy. I believe he is closely related to Tessa Wilka. I am sure she is absolutely embarrassed to death of him. I feel sorry for her and for NDSU who will have to put up with him for the next four or five years. Not hard to see why AJ may have passed on this recruit?

So are you trying to say there is a correlation between AJ possibly not offering a scholly on Tessa Wilk and this person here on a message board? If so, that is absolutely crazy. I wouldn' t feel sorry for NDSU, a person on a message board certainly isn't going to effect them in the least bit.

Coach_W
11-13-2006, 02:15 AM
Good to see the bitterness that used to be UND/NDSU has moved a little south. God I miss those days.

38Jack
11-13-2006, 02:55 AM
AJ recruits a certain kind of player. *To play for SDSU you have to be able to run. *Lacy Johnson was a good player and after watching her play I don't think she quite fit the style he wanted. *Nancy Nieber wanted Megan Woster real bad and had recruited her since she was a freshman but when AJ took over he wanted Heather Seiler instead and history has proven that Heather fit his style better. *I was told by a friend that is a good friend of Alexes Yackley's grandfather that she wanted to come to SDSU but AJ never talked to her even when she was at a BB camp in Brookings. *The guard that signed from Marshall was quoted in the Marshall paper that she was the only point guard that SDSU was recruiting for 2007. * As one post said not all players although very good fit the style that the coach wants to play. *To play at SDSU you have to be able to run the floor. *After the signing day I heard AJ on the radio say that Kristen Rotert could play the two guard and she is 6 foot and can shoot the 3. *He has wanted to get bigger on the perimeter has stated that all 5 positions have to be able to shoot the 3 and they do. *That is why he has said we may never have the 6' 3" or 6' 4" players because of the style he wants to play. *As my friend said about his not recruiting Alexis Yackley you cannot argue with him because he has been very succesful and has stated more than once that this he best team ever. * Jill Young is a good player and for a fact did make a visit to SDSU. *It is only my opinion but I have read a lot about Jill Young and many have questioned *whether she could run with the rest of the team and is she the type of player AJ wants even though she is very good. *Only time will tell. *I'm sure the two SD players that have signed with NDSU are very good but I'm sure AJ got the ones he wanted and if he didn't we don't have room for everybody anyway. *Go State. [smiley=smiley.gif] [smiley=smiley.gif] [smiley=smiley.gif] :)

sambini
11-13-2006, 04:55 AM
Wow this is great stuff.

SDSUHuskies
11-13-2006, 01:09 PM
In other words, if you have the ability to play at a regional/semi-national level and are a stand-out on your team (Yackley and Wilka), you won't be recruited by SDSU. They want the second best player (Kratovil, Schuttloffel, Grimsrud-we all know that Harles gave her those points, and so on) and they get their best offensive threats from out-of-state. By the way, you have last year's AA leading scorer who set a single-game record on your campus. Ruth Nelson..ever heard of her? Wow, she is better than most of the players on the current SDSU roster..and she isn't even walking on? Like I said, after this year, SDSU's tough years will be here..and about fitting the style..you say they want to run? You have to be kidding me...who are they looking to run on? Sioux Falls Roosevelt's JV team?

mebison
11-13-2006, 01:12 PM
I think we're going to need to start our own special "bunnies-smacking-each-other" forum for our visitors ;D

ALPHAMALE
11-13-2006, 02:15 PM
In other words, if you have the ability to play at a regional/semi-national level and are a stand-out on your team (Yackley and Wilka), you won't be recruited by SDSU. They want the second best player (Kratovil, Schuttloffel, Grimsrud-we all know that Harles gave her those points, and so on) and they get their best offensive threats from out-of-state. By the way, you have last year's AA leading scorer who set a single-game record on your campus. Ruth Nelson..ever heard of her? Wow, she is better than most of the players on the current SDSU roster..and she isn't even walking on? Like I said, after this year, SDSU's tough years will be here..and about fitting the style..you say they want to run? You have to be kidding me...who are they looking to run on? Sioux Falls Roosevelt's JV team?

Sorry AJ didn't recruit your kid. NDSU isn't that bad a school though, so don't be too upset.

ALPHAMALE
11-14-2006, 12:02 AM

Well, the Jacks got absolutely pounded by #22 Middle Tennessee tonight, just like you predicted. Oh wait, they won 72-61 (Maryland won by 4 in the same arena), but whatever. Obviously Megan Vogel scored 60 points while being triple teamed the entire night, so that she could make up for the absolute lack of talent on the rest of the squad. Man, you really called this one there SDSUhuskies.

SDSUHuskies
11-14-2006, 01:34 AM
They only had about 2,000 fans, meaning noone cares! Oh wait, SDSU would consider 2,000 a sellout crowd ;D
CoacH Insell let SDSU win because he knows SDSU needs it to get into the WNIT and his team is going to the NCAA anyway so why not let a loser win, right?

ALPHAMALE
11-14-2006, 01:58 AM
They only had about 2,000 fans, meaning noone cares! Oh wait, SDSU would consider 2,000 a sellout crowd ;D
CoacH Insell let SDSU win because he knows SDSU needs it to get into the WNIT and his team is going to the NCAA anyway so why not let a loser win, right?

ARE YOU KIDDING ME. DID YOU REALLY JUST SAY THAT SDSU GOING TO THE WNIT WILL MAKE THEM LOSERS????? And 2000 a sellout crowd? Because basketball attendance at SDSU is so far behind NDSU or what????

You sound a little jealous there SDSUHuskies. You would think an SDSU fan would be excited about this team. It sounds like we have hell of a team this year. Be exciting to see what happens in Frost against #18 USC this Friday!

Rabbitlivinginverm
11-14-2006, 02:25 AM

Well, the Jacks got absolutely pounded by #22 Middle Tennessee tonight, just like you predicted. *Oh wait, they won 72-61 (Maryland won by 4 in the same arena), but whatever. *Obviously Megan Vogel scored 60 points while being triple teamed the entire night, so that she could make up for the absolute lack of talent on the rest of the squad. *Man, you really called this one there SDSUhuskies. *

Something that should be noted is that Maryland rated #1 in the nation! They beat Middle Tennessee by 4, we beat Middle Tennessee by 11. I know that comparing scores doesn't get you anywere so take it for what it's worth. SDSUHuskie, maybe you were rubbed the wrong way but I really don't know what you're problem is? You seem bitter and some of your comments are just plain crazy....

jackrabbit1979
11-14-2006, 02:43 AM
I apologize to all of the bison fans that this exchange has happened on your board...it really doesn't have much to do with the bison. *I just don't really like it when fans come on to message boards with handles like SDSUHUSKIE and are blatantly not really SDSU fans. *It gives all the rest of SDSU fans a bad name...I think this is one of Tony's no-no's as well...

Just to give you guys a taste, this is a couple of SDSUHuskie's first posts on our board:

On our 2007 recruiting class:

Sorry but that is a weak recruiting class....Abby Kratovil? She's not the best player on her team, and she can't shoot and she gets her season-highs against really weak teams. Get real..whoelse did they "sign"? hmm...Ketty Cornemann? wow...well, I guess..I don't know what to say on that one.....all I have to say is, if we don't sign Bethany Harlow, Jill Young, Maggie O'Neill, Tessa Wilka, and Kristin Rotert for the CLass of '07, Johnston needs to get his head out of his...ego

On USC potentially buying out their contract to come to Frost Arena (which they didn't do):

they (USC) saw what we had for recruits and laughed their asses off and said "we don't want to embarrass them that bad on their homecourt" *I mean come on now, they are a nationally ranked team, why waste time with a nobody team?

I'm not posting anymore on the thread, but I will leave one last comment. *I think we need to look no further than the product on the court to see that AJ knows what he is doing recruiting wise. *I don't care if he didn't get the #1 recruit in SD or the US for that matter, he does very well with what he gets. *SDSUhuskie, if Tessa Wilka can turn around the bison program in the next few years, i wish her the best of luck. *It will be great to see some competitive games between the two squads again. *

Coach_W
11-14-2006, 02:34 PM
I apologize to all of the bison fans that this exchange has happened on your board...it really doesn't have much to do with the bison. *I just don't really like it when fans come on to message boards with handles like SDSUHUSKIE and are blatantly not really SDSU fans. *It gives all the rest of SDSU fans a bad name...I think this is one of Tony's no-no's as well...

Just to give you guys a taste, this is a couple of SDSUHuskie's first posts on our board:

On our 2007 recruiting class:

Sorry but that is a weak recruiting class....Abby Kratovil? She's not the best player on her team, and she can't shoot and she gets her season-highs against really weak teams. Get real..whoelse did they "sign"? hmm...Ketty Cornemann? wow...well, I guess..I don't know what to say on that one.....all I have to say is, if we don't sign Bethany Harlow, Jill Young, Maggie O'Neill, Tessa Wilka, and Kristin Rotert for the CLass of '07, Johnston needs to get his head out of his...ego

On USC potentially buying out their contract to come to Frost Arena (which they didn't do):

they (USC) saw what we had for recruits and laughed their asses off and said "we don't want to embarrass them that bad on their homecourt" *I mean come on now, they are a nationally ranked team, why waste time with a nobody team?

I'm not posting anymore on the thread, but I will leave one last comment. *I think we need to look no further than the product on the court to see that AJ knows what he is doing recruiting wise. *I don't care if he didn't get the #1 recruit in SD or the US for that matter, he does very well with what he gets. *SDSUhuskie, if Tessa Wilka can turn around the bison program in the next few years, i wish her the best of luck. *It will be great to see some competitive games between the two squads again. *

I don't think you need to apologize. This has been as entertaining as anything I've read on here in a while. NDSU wins at football, their mens team will be fine all year, and the attention to SDSU has taken attention away from Amy. This has been fun to read.

38Jack
11-15-2006, 03:17 AM
This is why coaches coach and the rest of us get to second guess. *I watched Courtney Grimsrud play in hich school and wondered what AJ saw in her. *But she is very bright (one of 8 4.0 gpa) fundamentaly sound, has good hands and shoots the ball very well. *Besides if you count scollies I believe she has an academic schollie. *Who can argue when SDSU beat Middle Tennessee State by more than Maryland did with mostly freshmen and sophmores. *When Gene Zulk recruited Mark Tetzlaff even his assistant wondered what he was doing and we know how that turned out. *Every team does not get all the players they want but there will be more coming up. *Go State * *:) :)

SDSUHuskies
11-15-2006, 01:27 PM

I'm not a SDSU fan?! I probably have more years on you..it all started when some bonehead decided to go D1...we were fine, both our men and women's teams were ranked high in the NCC and on a national level as well..our volleyball team tasted success, our football team was decent...now we go D1 and our men can't even win a game, our women are so full of themselves, and our volleyball team is just happy to win a few games...I thought part of the whole going D1 thing was that were supposed to thrive to maintain our high level of success, not be happy just to win a few games..you can tell by the way NDSU operates, that they ATTEMPT to get on the next level..and for the poster saying I'm related/close to Wilka, you are wrong. I never met the girl, only watched her play. I would like NDSU regardless of who goes there.

ALPHAMALE
11-15-2006, 03:30 PM
I apologize to all of the bison fans that this exchange has happened on your board...it really doesn't have much to do with the bison. I just don't really like it when fans come on to message boards with handles like SDSUHUSKIE and are blatantly not really SDSU fans. It gives all the rest of SDSU fans a bad name...I think this is one of Tony's no-no's as well...

I'm not a SDSU fan?! I probably have more years on you..it all started when some bonehead decided to go D1...we were fine, both our men and women's teams were ranked high in the NCC and on a national level as well..our volleyball team tasted success, our football team was decent...now we go D1 and our men can't even win a game, our women are so full of themselves, and our volleyball team is just happy to win a few games...I thought part of the whole going D1 thing was that were supposed to thrive to maintain our high level of success, not be happy just to win a few games..you can tell by the way NDSU operates, that they ATTEMPT to get on the next level..and for the poster saying I'm related/close to Wilka, you are wrong. I never met the girl, only watched her play. I would like NDSU regardless of who goes there.

No offense, but the only thing that has really been hurt since going D-I has been men's basketball, and I think thats on an upswing. The football team is doing great in D-IAA, when was the last time SDSU was competing for a conference championship in the NCC? When was the last time we knocked off 4 ranked teams in a season during D-II? Volleyball is doing pretty good since the move, although the end of the season was a bit of a disappointment, I'm betting they'll be competing for an NCAA berth during the first year of the mid-con. The women's team is doing great in basketball. Cross country has been pretty good, and the men will pick up next year when the redshirts come off. I don't know what you want from the SDSU athletic department? I can see being upset about the men's team, but the whole department?

Wacker_in_the_Hall
11-15-2006, 05:16 PM

SDSUHuskies---you have D2 attitude--challenge yourself--go to next level-If you are true fan you will support the school

If not support Augie---they need people like you

JBNJBQ
11-15-2006, 06:08 PM
..and for the poster saying I'm related/close to Wilka, you are wrong. I never met the girl, only watched her play......

That's really scarey! She had better get a restraining order on you if you are not related closely. You have an unhealthy over-interest and opinion of her.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

SDSUHuskies
11-15-2006, 09:25 PM
My gosh you are so funny ;D You have the exact same for Bisonville.com :P All a matter of opinion, my fellow Jackrabbit........but I'm still not sure if I accept the whole D1 hype, yet..maybe in a few years down the road I will become a regular again and who knows, maybe even make some donations someday. However, I will admit AJ does do a good job of keeping the talent in SD (Johnson, Schlagel, Davis, etc.) What do you have on Jamey Hofer?

sambini
11-16-2006, 01:40 AM
KEEP IT GOING Jacks fans. I love it real family fued+++

ALPHAMALE
11-16-2006, 01:51 AM
So do you think if SDSU beats USC on Friday, the start getting votes for the top 25 SDSUHusky? I bet with a win, and good string of victories out to about 8-0, they get into the top 25. Wow, AJ is quite a coach.

SDSUHuskies
11-16-2006, 07:57 PM
So do you think if SDSU beats USC on Friday, the start getting votes for the top 25 SDSUHusky? *I bet with a win, and good string of victories out to about 8-0, they get into the top 25. *Wow, AJ is quite a coach. *
What happened? I thought a Mid-Co in the Sweet Sixteen was impossible, an independent getting votes for the top 25 is equally as impossible..don't choke on your own words :-X

ALPHAMALE
11-16-2006, 08:19 PM
So do you think if SDSU beats USC on Friday, the start getting votes for the top 25 SDSUHusky? I bet with a win, and good string of victories out to about 8-0, they get into the top 25. Wow, AJ is quite a coach.
What happened? I thought a Mid-Co in the Sweet Sixteen was impossible, an independent getting votes for the top 25 is equally as impossible..don't choke on your own words :-X

Uh, no, I think people said that NDSU landing a single recruit to lead them to the sweet 16 was impossible, nobody ever said that a mid-cont school in the sweet sixteen was impossible. If they did they should look up a school called valporasio.

I also know that SDSU isn't going to be ranked, I was just trying to see how angry that thought would make you. I'll honestly be surprised if the win on Friday, and if they do, they still won't get past both Virginia and Baylor without a loss.

Coach_W
11-16-2006, 08:43 PM
Valpo's women made the sweet 16? I know their men did but I don't think a mid-con women's team has ever made the sweet 16.

ALPHAMALE
11-16-2006, 09:11 PM
Valpo's women made the sweet 16? I know their men did but I don't think a mid-con women's team has ever made the sweet 16.

I was talking about the men. I would say if the men can get in, the women can do it too.

Jacks02
11-18-2006, 06:07 AM

I'll bring some crow when I come to Fargo tomorrow for the football game if you need something to grill for tailgating. * ;D

ALPHAMALE
11-19-2006, 05:25 AM
Hey, don't be so hard on SDSUHusky, you need to remember we are like DWU compared to the basketball program that Amy is putting together up there.

Mid-Con_Jack
11-21-2006, 03:33 AM

We have figured out the identity of SDSUHuskies. He is not related to Wilka (if he is, it's quite distant). He's a USD grad and did not attend SDSU. For him to claim to be an SDSU fan is like some of your favorites from the junior college up north claiming to be NDSU fans.

Coach_W
11-21-2006, 02:12 PM

We have figured out the identity of SDSUHuskies. *He is not related to Wilka (if he is, it's quite distant). *He's a USD grad and did not attend SDSU. *For him to claim to be an SDSU fan is like some of your favorites from the junior college up north claiming to be NDSU fans. *

Junior College up north? Didn't know you could get a degree in medicine or law from a junior college. Interesting.

SDSUHuskies
11-21-2006, 04:54 PM
Lake Region State perhaps..

ALPHAMALE
11-21-2006, 04:59 PM
Lake Region State perhaps..

You didn't even talk about how fast SDSU's womens program is going in the sh!tter in that post???? So what do you think about this weekend again? My guess is that the girls score 8 points total in the two games, because they have no chance at beating either of those teams with the terrible recruiting classes they have had the last couple of years. Just horrible players without Vogel (who is a 0 star recruit herself). Good thing she had the night of her life against USC, who isn't a big deal, and scored all of our points against them, while being guarded 5 on 1, while the rest of the team ran around banging their heads into the floor and screaming like a bunch of retards. How AJ ever got a national championship, I'll never know.

SDSUHuskies
11-21-2006, 05:02 PM
Your a Bison fan taking up for the Jacks?

Mid-Con_Jack
11-22-2006, 01:01 AM
Junior College up north? *Didn't know you could get a degree in medicine or law from a junior college. *Interesting.

Yeah, that surprised me, too. ;)

ALPHAMALE
11-22-2006, 01:11 AM
I don't think the law or medical degrees are worth very much in the actual work place though, mainly because of that junior college status.

Basketball_Fan
11-25-2006, 03:06 AM
Hey Alphamale,

When are you going to eat your words or are you chewing on them now? SDSU just beat Virginia by 7 and by the way that 0 star (Vogel) just went for 15. I find it absolutely amazing that you somehow still believe in a program (your women's basketball program) that continues to lose. My guess is SDSU will beat your Bison women by at least 20 and the Rabbits second leading scorer will have at least 5 more points than your leading scorer. I want to make it perfectly clear to you and all that somehow have to malign athletes in an effort to make some riduculous statement - that you are obviously a failure - probably in all aspects of your life.

That's ok Alphamale at least you picked a name that suggests what you WANT to be - not anywhere near what you actually are - Runt of the Litter.

How do you feel now Runt!

Go Big Go Blue Go Jacks! 8-)

NoDakSt
11-25-2006, 03:18 AM
Uhh Basketball Fan,

You need to pay attention

Alphamale is a Jack Rabbit fan. *

Best of luck against Baylor.

Mid-Con_Jack
11-25-2006, 03:44 AM
This thread is confusing. *How about everyone stop posting on this thread...let it die. *It's likely SDSUHuskies -- a person who certainly is NOT an SDSU fan -- has already changed his name and is posting his special brand of junk on some other thread. *If NDSU fans want to read about the Jackrabbit women, they're more than welcome to check out the Jackrabbit fan board.

On the subject of NDSU women's basketball...it's been said many times before on other threads on both the SDSU fan board and the NDSU fan board: * there's a strange parallel thing going on between SDSU and NDSU. *SDSU's football and NDSU's men's basketball are great surprises. *However, programs that in the past were so dominant at each school, i.e. SDSU men's basketball and NDSU women's basketball, seem to be struggling. *There were those who guessed the SDSU men's basketball and NDSU women's basketball would have fewer problems in the D-1 transition. *Who would have guessed! *BUT, SDSU's Coach Nagy and NDSU's Coach Ruley know what the heck they're doing and they WILL turn it around. *[E.g. the NDSU win over Arlington today -- Congrats! -- and even the SDSU men, while losing to UNI tonight, are starting to show some life.]

ALPHAMALE
11-25-2006, 03:49 AM
Hey Alphamale,

When are you going to eat your words or are you chewing on them now? SDSU just beat Virginia by 7 and by the way that 0 star (Vogel) just went for 15. I find it absolutely amazing that you somehow still believe in a program (your women's basketball program) that continues to lose. My guess is SDSU will beat your Bison women by at least 20 and the Rabbits second leading scorer will have at least 5 more points than your leading scorer. I want to make it perfectly clear to you and all that somehow have to malign athletes in an effort to make some riduculous statement - that you are obviously a failure - probably in all aspects of your life.

That's ok Alphamale at least you picked a name that suggests what you WANT to be - not anywhere near what you actually are - Runt of the Litter.

How do you feel now Runt!

Go Big Go Blue Go Jacks! 8-)

Calm down, I was mocking a guy named SDSUHuskies that said all of that crap. If you have some time reread this whole thread to get some of the idiotic statements that he made about our women, such as us getting pounded by USC, Middle Tennessee, and Virginia, as well as us having no good players except for vogel, and a bunch of other crap. Pretty sure it was a USD fan, since they were sure that USD could beat us.

Anyway, no hard feelings... and I agree this thread should die.