PDA

View Full Version : Road Weary

CaBisonFan
12-05-2006, 05:37 AM
Just a thought....perhaps not a new one at all.

It seems like this team is really ready for a conference and a regular home schedule again. I don't know a lot about the players...so I'm not 'in the know' here at all.

It's just a gut feeling. This great Bison tradition needs a home....really soon. The Mid-Con will give Ruley and her players the consistency of the old NCC....and more importantly....a string of very meaningful home games.

I believe that the last few years of being road warriors has gotten old. Tough on student athletes.

Once the Mid-Con schedule kicks in things will become more familiar for Amy, the players, and the fans.

JackJD
12-05-2006, 03:51 PM
Just a thought....perhaps not a new one at all.

It seems like this team is really ready for a conference and a regular home schedule again. *I don't know a lot about the players...so I'm not 'in the know' here at all. *

It's just a gut feeling. *This great Bison tradition needs a home....really soon. *The Mid-Con will give Ruley and her players the consistency of the old NCC....and more importantly....a string of very meaningful home games.

I believe that the last few years of being road warriors has gotten old. *Tough on student athletes. *

Once the Mid-Con schedule kicks in things will become more familiar for Amy, the players, and the fans.

There's much wisdom in CalBisonFan's thoughts. Similar problem impacting the SDSU men's team. When you think about it, your women's team (and SDSU's men's team) has had little time to rest legs and even have a couple of organized practices. It seems the schedules of the NDSU men and the SDSU women are a touch more favorable in terms of travel time, rest time, practice time.

Joining the Mid-Con is huge. Then, your coach Ruley will regain some of the control over time a coach needs. Games will be played at more predictable intervals. Even scheduling classes for the athletes will be easier because you'll have a better idea about travel days etc.

sambini
12-07-2006, 04:20 AM
Very true ++++++++++

mikelsch
12-11-2006, 03:26 PM
Excuses

bisonpride2k
12-14-2006, 08:12 PM
Excuses

Agree. Excuses! The other lesser sports get blasted because they lose games even though they are on the road against larger schools. But when Amy all of a sudden starts losing it is because they are on the road. Thats garbage. Bottom line is she has brought in very limited tallent in the past 6 years to produce a winner similar to the early 90's. She has suffered because other schools are putting more money into their womens programs so she is not able to out bid other schools for players anymore like back then and actually has to recruit on an even playing field. What you see is the results of her actual ability to reruit.

DenverBison05
12-14-2006, 08:35 PM
Agree. Excuses! The other lesser sports get blasted because they lose games even though they are on the road against larger schools. But when Amy all of a sudden starts losing it is because they are on the road. Thats garbage. Bottom line is she has brought in very limited tallent in the past 6 years to produce a winner similar to the early 90's. She has suffered because other schools are putting more money into their womens programs so she is not able to out bid other schools for players anymore like back then and actually has to recruit on an even playing field. What you see is the results of her actual ability to reruit.

Your acting like this team is bad. *I think in the end because the men's team has spoiled us, we forget that the women's team is about where we would expect it to be. *Right now Sagarin (http://www.rpiratings.com/womrate.htm) has them ranked at 162. *Frankly if we would have been told that they would be 162th in the nation 3 years into transitition I think we all would have been satisfied. *The only difference is that were used to the Women's team being better than the men's team, and therefore we judge its sucess based on how the men's team is doing. *Give Ruley time, she is doing alright, we might not be doing as well as the SDSU's women team, but at least their not ranked near dead last like SDSU's men team is either.

P.S. I dont mean to disrespect the SDSU men's team, Im just pointing out that our women's team hasn't come anywhere close to being a disaster.

bisonpride2k
12-16-2006, 05:06 AM
Your acting like this team is bad. *I think in the end because the men's team has spoiled us, we forget that the women's team is about where we would expect it to be. *Right now Sagarin (http://www.rpiratings.com/womrate.htm) has them ranked at 162. *Frankly if we would have been told that they would be 162th in the nation 3 years into transitition I think we all would have been satisfied. *The only difference is that were used to the Women's team being better than the men's team, and therefore we judge its sucess based on how the men's team is doing. *Give Ruley time, she is doing alright, we might not be doing as well as the SDSU's women team, but at least their not ranked near dead last like SDSU's men team is either.

P.S. I dont mean to disrespect the SDSU men's team, Im just pointing out that our women's team hasn't come anywhere close to being a disaster.

Have you seen them play this year? Their talent is marginal. They have no point guard! I will give Girdot credit that she plays the game hard but she would be lucky to have been even on the team back in the 90's let alone be a starter and team leader. DI womens basketball is not a step up from DII with the exception of the top 40-50 teams. Why because the schools do not put the emphasis into the programs. That Alabama team that came to Fargo last year and got worked by SDSU and NDSU would have been lucky to have been a middle of the pack NCC team and probably wouldnt have even made the post season when it got expanded to 6 teams in the region. SDSU, USD, UND, StCloud, and Northern St even were all better teams. How quickly we forget that we lost to MSUM AND Bemidji State. Lose once and you can call it a fluke, but repeat it again imediately and it means your level of play is not there. This team would not make the region tournament this year in DII guaranteed even with SDSU moved up. The fact that we are winning games against DI teams should really be no suprise because the level of play against the teams they are playing is lower then what we have seen in the past.

Mr._Bill
12-16-2006, 11:46 AM
With the point guard situation getting heathier, we are sure to improve. I would agree, the point guard play has really hurt the offense from what I've seen.

This would be a much better team if Katie had not graduated last year. The team misses her leadership, ball handling, distributing, and scoring abilities. There are some good pieces on this team, but without strong point play to tie it together, we have struggled.