PDA

View Full Version : Valley City State

heymch86
12-14-2006, 10:48 PM
Do you think Ruley will play Girodat more to get her more floor time or with a team like VCSU, does she sit her more in fear of re-injuring her knees? Will be interesting to see. Would like to see that lineup of Girodat, Bue, Slyt, Heintzleman, Penley get more playing time together, they really meshed on sunday.

6:55 on www.thunderradio.fm or in the Fargo area 105.9 fm

BisBison
12-15-2006, 12:00 AM
This had better be a 30 point win.

BisonVifte
12-15-2006, 12:18 AM
After the last game they said they were trying to limit her to no more than 4 minutes on the floor at a time.

BisBison
12-15-2006, 12:34 AM
Bison 31 VC 12 5 min left in 1st half. VC shooting 22% pretty slow moving game.

BisBison
12-15-2006, 12:38 AM
3:39 left in the half Bison up 35--12. Bison too big for VC.

BisonVifte
12-15-2006, 12:49 AM
they have been playing much better since the return of thier two point guards, but still along way to go.

BisBison
12-15-2006, 12:49 AM
42-17 Bison at the half. Sounds like they are playing for parents and friends. These games don't do anyone any good. I say no more NAIA teams in the BSA.

BisonVifte
12-15-2006, 12:53 AM
I would expect a game against Valley City for awhile. Former player for a coach and close by.

BisBison
12-15-2006, 01:03 AM
I suppose you're right :(, but it isn't much more than a scrimmage. Can't wait for the Mid Con.

NoDakSt
12-15-2006, 01:28 AM
Inger is back in the lineup...

roadwarrior
12-15-2006, 01:47 AM
FINAL 81-31

BisBison
12-15-2006, 01:48 AM
Final 81-31 Bison. Lots of subs played, that's about the only positive thing I can say about this game.

NoDakSt
12-15-2006, 01:49 AM
Bison close out the game on a 27 point run. Final: 81-31. Valley City scored their last point with 10:54 in the game.

BisBison
12-15-2006, 01:49 AM
Except we did win ;D ;D

NDSUFREAK10
12-15-2006, 02:11 AM
yawn...... :-/

GFBisonFan
12-15-2006, 02:27 AM
confidence builder!!

TheBisonator
12-15-2006, 10:40 PM
These NAIA games need to stop. I think a one or two home games against DII NSIC teams are fine every year, but this shit with Valley City State, Mayville State, Dickinson State, etc. needs to STOP.

I think a Mid-Con basketball schedule will cure this anyway.

imabison
12-16-2006, 07:41 PM
These NAIA games need to stop. I think a one or two home games against DII NSIC teams are fine every year, but this shit with Valley City State, Mayville State, Dickinson State, etc. needs to STOP.

Does it mean anything to anyone that Valley City State even thouight its an NAIA school is coached by a former Bison player? Doesn't anyone believe that NDSU men and women are playing some of the alternate schools for a chance for its alumni to show what they are doing?

02Bison
12-16-2006, 08:27 PM

If you have no involvement with putting together the schedule, don't complain about it!

SDbison
12-16-2006, 08:33 PM

If you have no involvement with putting together the schedule, don't complain about it!
He can complain if he wants to 02Bison. He also has a valid point about too many DI and NAIA games. This is a discussion site. BTW, why don't you go start your own message board then you can moderate the hell out of it with all your personal rules about what shouldn't be said.

westriverbison
12-16-2006, 09:24 PM

Does it mean anything to anyone that Valley City State even thouight its an NAIA school is coached by a former Bison player? *Doesn't anyone believe that NDSU men and women are playing some of the alternate schools for a chance for its alumni to show what they are doing?

I think playing the instate schools is important, especially during the transition. If we want the people of ND to understand the level of Basketball and other sports that is now being played at NDSU it needs to be shown in a light fans are used to seeing. Some don't understand until their favorited NAIA\DII team gets smacked around. Then they will become fans of both teams, recognizing the Bison are substantually better.

IMO It is also good for the university to schedule teams that alumni are coaching. It helps keep that fuzzy feeling for NDSU when the fundraising calls come.

02Bison
12-16-2006, 09:31 PM
I think playing the instate schools is important, especially during the transition. If we want the people of ND to understand the level of Basketball and other sports that is now being played at NDSU it needs to be shown in a light fans are used to seeing. *Some don't understand until their favorited NAIA\DII team gets smacked around. Then they will become fans of both teams, recognizing the Bison are substantually better.

IMO It is also good for the university to schedule teams that alumni are coaching. It helps keep that fuzzy feeling for NDSU when the fundraising calls come.

++++

02Bison
12-16-2006, 09:34 PM

He can complain if he wants to 02Bison. *He also has a valid point about too many DI and NAIA games. *This is a discussion site. *BTW, why don't you go start your own message board then you can moderate the hell out of it with all your personal rules about what shouldn't be said.

Another ad hominem attack from you...go figure. Seems to me that you try to moderate the hell out of my opinion. It would do you some good to look in your mirror before writing what you do and to actually take some time to come up with constuctive debate/criticism rather than all out personal attacks against those who choose to not agree with you. Please attack the merits of my argument, not me. Thank you.

SDbison
12-16-2006, 10:24 PM

He can complain if he wants to 02Bison. *He also has a valid point about too many DI and NAIA games. *This is a discussion site. *BTW, why don't you go start your own message board then you can moderate the hell out of it with all your personal rules about what shouldn't be said.

Another ad hominem attack from you...go figure. Seems to me that you try to moderate the hell out of my opinion. *It would do you some good to look in your mirror before writing what you do and to actually take some time to come up with constuctive debate/criticism rather than all out personal attacks against those who choose to not agree with you. *Please attack the merits of my argument, not me. Thank you. *

Same old B.S. from you week after week 02Bison. Most everyone on this board is tired of your preaching. You are always on the attack and don't offer much of your own opinion, instead always telling people how they should act, or what they shouldn't say. Get a life and develop some backbone and ability to make structured commentary of your own.
I agreed with the points Bisonator was making, you just told him he shouldn't complain. Do you have some sort of den mother complex or something?

NoDakSt
12-16-2006, 11:51 PM
Hey everyone, remember it's the Holidays....peace on earth, goodwill, felize navidad....

Jeffdaryl3rd
12-17-2006, 02:19 AM

Let's go back to scheduling Sisters of the Poor A&M Valley State Technical College and University like they did a couple years ago and go undefeated until the last game of the year when we play a quality opponent and get dump trucked.

RodentiaX1
12-17-2006, 03:43 AM

Another ad hominem attack from you...go figure. Seems to me that you try to moderate the hell out of my opinion. *It would do you some good to look in your mirror before writing what you do and to actually take some time to come up with constuctive debate/criticism rather than all out personal attacks against those who choose to not agree with you. *Please attack the merits of my argument, not me. Thank you. *

There's no ad hominem there. There just isn't any attack there. Making the point that people are free to discuss what they wish here is not an attack, and neither is making an invitation to start your own board an attack.

Coach_W
12-17-2006, 02:19 PM

Does it mean anything to anyone that Valley City State even thouight its an NAIA school is coached by a former Bison player? Doesn't anyone believe that NDSU men and women are playing some of the alternate schools for a chance for its alumni to show what they are doing?

I think playing the instate schools is important, especially during the transition. If we want the people of ND to understand the level of Basketball and other sports that is now being played at NDSU it needs to be shown in a light fans are used to seeing. Some don't understand until their favorited NAIA\DII team gets smacked around. Then they will become fans of both teams, recognizing the Bison are substantually better.

You figure after getting drilled by 50, not scoring in the last 10 minutes that Jill will open the checkbook and make a nice donation to the team? Not quite sure how that works but we'll see. :-/

kchats
12-17-2006, 04:01 PM
Valley City State also stepped up and scheduled NDSU that first year of the transition when the school up north held a press conference to tell everyone that they wouldn't be signing the contracts offered by NDSU to play NDSU. Valley City State has earned the right to make some money getting pounded by the Bison in a guarantee game. The school that refused to sign the contracts hasn't earned the right to play the Bison.

BisBison
12-17-2006, 06:50 PM
Valley City State also stepped up and scheduled NDSU that first year of the transition when the school up north held a press conference to tell everyone that they wouldn't be signing the contracts offered by NDSU to play NDSU. *Valley City State has earned the right to make some money getting pounded by the Bison in a guarantee game. *The school that refused to sign the contracts hasn't earned the right to play the Bison.

+++++++

TheDoctor
12-18-2006, 08:23 PM
Hey everyone, remember it's the Holidays....peace on earth, goodwill, felize navidad....

NO KIDDING! I have been on this board for over a year now and only within the last couples of months (new success of Bison football, so so many new users has this CRAP started going on). >:( People are very BRASH in their assessements of players/coaches/adminsitration, so people get offeneded and make comments like "if you don't make the schedule, don't complain" and then they get LAMBASTED by the original poster. A discussion board is for discussing, NOT standing on a soap box and brashly running your mouth waiting for someone to take offense and then LAMBASTING them because you have a right to an opinion. How about healthy non confrontational conversation? I am in! :D

P.S. - Please do not take that I am saying anyone new is mean, I am simply saying for every 100 new users 10 are looking for trouble and unfortunatley as you know those people stand out more. To you other 90.....welcome! :)

IowaBison
12-18-2006, 08:44 PM

Let's go back to scheduling Sisters of the Poor A&M Valley State Technical College and University like they did a couple years ago and go undefeated until the last game of the year when we play a quality opponent and get dump trucked.

You mean 2004 when they went undefeated for all but one game (not the last one) against TCU which made it to the second round of the tournament?