PDA

View Full Version : San Jose State

NoDakSt
12-17-2006, 09:08 PM
Bison host winless San Jose State on Monday. Spartans have faced a lot of adversity but they almost beat Wisconsin Milwuakee a team the Bison beat by 10. Spartans are lead by Natalie White, a 5.9 guard. Being coached this season by one of the assistant coaches as the head coach was diagnosed with breast cancer.

Gamehunter
12-18-2006, 01:24 AM
The Wisc Milwaukee game was actually very close untill the last couple minutes. Hopefully the ladies can pull out another victory at home!

NoDakSt
12-18-2006, 02:22 AM
Yikes...SJSU women's team in turmoil:

http://mb24.scout.com/fsanjosestatefrm4.showMessage?topicID=1971.topic

Head coach is granted leave to battle breast cancer. Later she is told by her supervisor to stay away from the team.

A recently hired assistant coach is named Interm Head Coach.

Star returning player leaves. Among other things feels the university was not fair to the head coach (the one on leave due to breast cancer) and that she can't get along with the interim head coach.

One of the women's players alleges that one of the men's players raped her at an off-campus party. He is still playing for the men and no proceedings are going forward.

Interim head coach for the women's team is placed on paid leave for "allegations that he made inappropriate comments" to the players. He maintains he is being cut out of the team because of his support for the rape victim.

Head Men's coach is "overseeing" the women's program. He names his third assistant as the Interim Head Coach. Over the past 15 seasons there have been a parade of assistant coaches (15) through the program's doors.

NDSUstudent
12-19-2006, 01:06 AM
Bison losing 30-26 with 19:00 minutes to play in the 2nd half.

tony
12-19-2006, 01:29 AM
Despite shooting like they are blindfolded, the Bison women tie it up 43-43!

tony
12-19-2006, 01:34 AM
NDSU takes the lead 49-47!

tony
12-19-2006, 01:49 AM
Brenda Slyt for 2!

NDSU 59 San Jose State 54, 2:10 left

tony
12-19-2006, 01:52 AM
Oh man, foul on NDSU, they make them both but then Penley gets the put back on the other end, 5 pt game, ..., steal (Slyt) NDSU by 7 with 1;26 to go.

tony
12-19-2006, 01:57 AM
Lisa Bue hits two freethrows, NDSU by 8, make that 6 with 22 seconds to go.

NDSUstudent
12-19-2006, 01:58 AM
Good to see the Bison getting another win and back to the .500 mark. Looks like I'll have to check out my first womens game on Friday when the Gophers come to town.

tony
12-19-2006, 02:00 AM
Game over, some good FT shooting by NDSU down the stretch.

BisBison
12-19-2006, 02:18 AM
Final score, attendance???

Trimmy
12-19-2006, 04:22 AM
I think it was 59-51. Very few people, don't know official count.

TheDoctor
12-19-2006, 06:17 AM
It was 69-61.

Looked to be around 4-5 hundred fans. *SJ State looked 0-10, no passion or will to win down the stretch.

I thought the interview with their coach was funny before the game. *Their real head coach took a leave of absense because of breast cancer so they got this guy to move from a Mens assistant to the womens head. *He knew nothing about NDSU and not much about D1 Womens basketball let alone his own players, mentioned the the hardest thing adjusting to coaching the Women was "being more patient with the women, because they don't have as much athletic ability as the Men." * ;D WOW! *Heres a shovel, keep digging buddy!!!!!!!!! ;D *;D * ;D * ;D *;D

IowaBison
12-19-2006, 12:18 PM
The bison looked horrible, imo.

Until pulling away in the last few minutes it was a very difficult game to watch.

NDSUFREAK10
12-19-2006, 01:03 PM
hate seeing the women do opposite of what they did in DII. Sure hope that they can get better recruits somehow and get the attendence that they used to get.

IowaBison
12-19-2006, 01:10 PM
the players are fine. the competition is different.

a team needs to play well every night. not once every two weeks like it used to be.

what bothered me last night was that one could by watching SJSU was that they were a poor team, but they led half the game!

NoDakSt
12-19-2006, 04:15 PM
hate seeing the women do opposite of what they did in DII. Sure hope that they can get better recruits somehow and get the attendence that they used to get.

Whose to say we're not getting those recruits now.

I think some of our younger players are Division I calibre. But they are going to take awhile to develop to the rigors of playing DI where at the DII level, they might already be contributing significantly. Penley is a solid and sizeable post player and has put up some good numbers. I think Bue and Slyt. the team leaders, are definitely D I calibre. I heard good things about Zaruba prior to her being injured in the preseason. The CSU transfers definitely. What has hampered this team is the development of a point guard. It's great having Giordat back but I think Hodgson is probably the better talent at that position and the quicker the game slows dosn for her, the better for SU.

Bison fans just need to stay loyal and true. We aren't doing doubleheaders like we did in the NCC nor are we having the conference rivalries yet. Hopefully that helps numbers.