PDA

View Full Version : Katherine Burgum Classic

NoDakSt
12-19-2006, 10:28 PM
Bison host the Gophers. Lets get the fans out to this game!!

sambini
12-20-2006, 03:33 AM
I'll be there+++

newagebison
12-20-2006, 02:03 PM
I will be there. My first ever women's college basketball game! Friday before Christmas, nothing to do, so I decided to check things out before I fly out Saturday morning. I read on GoBison that the women are 3-1 at home and it sounds like the have improved since their embarassing start.
Anybody been to a game recently?

imabison
12-20-2006, 02:56 PM
I will be there. *My first ever women's college basketball game! * Friday before Christmas, nothing to do, so I decided to check things out before I fly out Saturday morning. *I read on GoBison that the women are 3-1 at home and it sounds like the have improved since their embarassing start.
Anybody been to a game recently? *

I will be there also. I was at the game on Monday. I almost hate to say it, but NDSU looked exactly like they did during the exhibition games early on in the game. The finally started focusing, and playing ball the last 12 minutes of the game.

There did not seem to be any fire, or attitude. I was thinking if this were the team against the Gophers it would not be pretty.

I look for an improved attitude and focus against the Gophers.

IowaBison
12-20-2006, 03:30 PM
I agree completely, imabison.

If we play like we did on Monday it will get embarrassing quick.

roadwarrior
12-20-2006, 06:12 PM
The women played the Gophers close last season at Williams Arena.

newagebison
12-20-2006, 06:24 PM
Thanks for the info. Hopefully a nice crowd with inspire the girls. There should be a decent turnout to see the Gopher women play in Fargo. At least I hope so. Fargo is lucky to be getting some of these big teams to come in. Just think of how different the sports scene woud be without some of the big time events that NDSU has had this year.

Maybe coach Ruley needs to declare an operation sellout ala Craig Bohl ;D

sambini
12-20-2006, 09:01 PM
I talked to Josh and he said as of today only 2500 seats have been sold.

Gamehunter
12-20-2006, 11:22 PM
I will be there. My first ever women's college basketball game! Friday before Christmas, nothing to do, so I decided to check things out before I fly out Saturday morning. I read on GoBison that the women are 3-1 at home and it sounds like the have improved since their embarassing start.
Anybody been to a game recently?

I have been to most of the games. They seem to come out very slow but usually pick it up in the 2nd half. Although this team isn't very good, they have been pulling out victories lately so that's always a good thing. I'm not sure how Minnesota has been doing this year, but I would guess the Bison need to bring their best game of the season so far to keep this thing close.

TheDoctor
12-22-2006, 05:28 AM
I talked to Josh and he said as of today only 2500 seats have been sold.

Thats more than I thought would have been sold already. I have told people I expect about as many as at a normal mens game. Around 2,500. If the women are averaging around 500 a game, 5X there normal attendance is a good #. 5X 2,500 is 12,500. Could you imagine if we had had 12,500 for the K State game? :o :o Definitely fire code issues! ;D

sambini
12-23-2006, 03:21 AM
Thanks to the BURGUM FAMILY and there support of Bison womens basketball. With a scholarship.

TheDoctor
12-23-2006, 05:55 AM
I was wrong - 3,500, NOT BAD!

sambini
12-23-2006, 10:06 AM
Not bad with no students and it is X-mas weekend. Merry X-MAS everyone.