PDA

View Full Version : NDSU vs ASU

imabison
01-21-2007, 04:35 AM
Well, I personally think offensively NDSU played better in this game, but turnovers were definitely the difference in the game.

I think NDSU ended with 17, and probably gave up 20 points off those turnovers. I was suprised not to see Brenda Slyt in the game a bit earlier.

TriCollegeBison
01-21-2007, 07:16 AM
ASU was able to capitalize on our turnovers. They were a very quick team. Offensively, there was not a lot of room for error on NDSU's side because ASU was all over them. It was an enjoyable game. I thought that shot at the buzzer was going in. Oh well.

NoDakSt
01-21-2007, 04:24 PM
Lemnus had a monster game in the paint. Wonder if she will get the nod over Penley to start at center.

mikelsch
01-23-2007, 07:08 PM
Official RPI released on Monday, January 22 ---> NDSU is 164 of 335 (Bison in top 50%)
http://web1.ncaa.org/app_data/weeklyrpi/2007WBBrpi1.html

Other Mid-Con teams for 2007-2008: SDSU #40, IPFW #152, Oakland #156
With a couple strong recruiting classes, there is no reason why NDSU can't compete for the Mid-Con championship every year

Hoopster
01-23-2007, 08:38 PM
Official RPI released on Monday, January 22 ---> NDSU is 164 of 335 (Bison in top 50%)

With a couple strong recruiting classes, there is no reason why NDSU can't compete for the Mid-Con championship every year

Does anybody have any idea where this would rank the mid-con for womens hoops among other colleges? I have to think adding 3 schools that would be in contention for your championship is going to improve the league quite a bit. Maybe even better than the Mo. Valley...?

Hammersmith
01-23-2007, 10:34 PM

Does anybody have any idea where this would rank the mid-con for womens hoops among other colleges? *I have to think adding 3 schools that would be in contention for your championship is going to improve the league quite a bit. *Maybe even better than the Mo. Valley...?
Currently, Mid-Con is ranked 30th out of 32 conferences by RPI(including Independents). Using next year's lineup(+NDSU, +SDSU, +IPFW, -Valpo), Mid-Con's ranking would rise to 22nd.

The men's numbers aren't quite so pretty. Using next year's lineup, Mid-Con would slip from its current position of 22nd down to 25th. FWIW, Big Sky is ranked 25th in men's and 21st in women's, while MVC is ranked 5th in men's and 15th in women's.

Hoopster
01-24-2007, 03:11 AM
Thanks for the info Hammer. Unfortunately on the mens side I see the mid con dropping considerably next year, and not just because of the additions to the conference. I believe that Oakland is losing a good part of their team from this season, which is going to hurt. Hopefully SDSU can improve some next season from their god-awful RPI, and NDSU can at least maintain where their at, even with the loss of Andre. Probably pretty optimistic, but I don't think the RPI of the mid-con is going to be pretty next season.