PDA

View Full Version : Count our Blessings!

TheDoctor
01-28-2007, 04:48 PM
Balanced North Dakota State University withstood a late charge by Utah
Valley State College to record a 71-63 win over the host Wolverines in a Division I
Independent women's basketball game played Saturday, Jan. 27, before a crowd of 323
at the Shurian Family Activity Center.

;D *;D * ;D * ;D * ;D *

At least we don't have only 323 fans who are packing into a family activity center!

Hoopster
01-28-2007, 05:16 PM
How are they in Division I? Half their student tuition must go to paying the athletic department with attendance like that.

kchats
01-28-2007, 05:20 PM
They are transitioning from a junior college to division I. I believe I read that they have around 20,000 students now. Their men's basketball team ia good team that beat SDSU in Brookings.

TheDoctor
01-28-2007, 07:46 PM
They are transitioning from a junior college to division I. *I believe I read that they have around 20,000 students now. *Their men's basketball team ia good team that beat SDSU in Brookings.

While I know we can't seem to beat SDSU in Brookings, I don't know if I would use accoplishing that as a sign of a "good" team. I know your right though, last night was the most entertaining game I have seen in the BSA in two years outside of KState.

DenverBison05
01-28-2007, 09:01 PM
They are transitioning from a junior college to division I. *I believe I read that they have around 20,000 students now. *Their men's basketball team ia good team that beat SDSU in Brookings.

While I know we can't seem to beat SDSU in Brookings, I don't know if I would use accoplishing that as a sign of a "good" team. *I know your right though, last night was the most entertaining game I have seen in the BSA in two years outside of KState.

UVSU has a good men's team. Last year they beat Arizona State. They consistently put up 16 win seasons since joining DI.

kchats
01-28-2007, 11:01 PM
NDSU also has not beat SDSU in Brookings. Even lost last season with the more talented team. Tim Miles and company need to break that string next week.

TheDoctor
01-28-2007, 11:11 PM

While I know we can't seem to beat SDSU in Brookings, I don't know if I would use accoplishing that as a sign of a "good" team. *I know your right though, last night was the most entertaining game I have seen in the BSA in two years outside of KState.

I know I pointed that out, BUT other weaker opponents that aren't "rivals" as well have won there regularly. Which is why I was saying it might not be a definer of a "good" team. GOOD LUCK SATURDAY BISON!