PDA

View Full Version : Opinion - Forum Coverage AntiWomens

TheDoctor
01-21-2007, 05:04 PM
Interesting opinion in The Forum today:

http://www.in-forum.com/Opinion/articles/153612

Ivy
01-21-2007, 11:48 PM
Let's face it, Division I basketball has a large gap when you look at Men's vs. Women's in national coverage. *Why would it be much different in Fargo? *Our women's team mediocrity doesn't help matters as far as bringing interest to the women's game. *If there is a buzz about the team, the media will cover it. *There is not a buzz about Women's basketball. *

The Forum does a decent job of covering the WBB team. *Jeff Kolpack was at the game and had a write up on the game in Sundays paper as well as having a photographer at the game. *I do believe that WDAY had highlights of the game including the last second shot. *They also are equal on their Sunday evening basketball show. *I don't know what much more can be done.

Start winning and creating some excitement in the community and the coverage will be there.

Bisonguy
01-22-2007, 02:09 AM
The women received more front page ink in The Forum today than the men. :-?

sambini
01-22-2007, 02:48 AM
Yes they did. And I think her championship teams were better than this team. Imo?

finch901
01-22-2007, 04:28 PM
The women received more front page ink in The Forum today than the men. *:-?

And that was only cause they women were at home and the men were on the road

99Bison
01-22-2007, 05:19 PM
As Ivy states +++++++++++++

With the recent successes (ie Buzz) of the Men's teams vs. the Women's it can't be considered a suprise that there is a difference in coverage? I mean that's just not reality... The forum has to cater to what people are most interested in if they want to survive, not that ehy have to be exclusive on that, but majority yes.

Even in the 90's when womens teams were hot and the men where not, the women had more coverage that the men.

IMHO, NDSU especially and the Forum do a much much better job covering Women's teams that most anywhere - better than 99% of the rest of the country.

scbison
01-23-2007, 04:55 PM
Great piece written by Dr. Meister. the best Professor on NDSU's campus. Who else could make Communication Ethics interesting

bisonpride2k
02-04-2007, 04:05 AM
Yes they did. And I think her championship teams were better than this team. Imo?

They arent even close. This years team is way worse then the championship teams. There are maybe 4 players on this years team that could even make the team from 92-96 let alone be a factor.

SlickVic
02-04-2007, 04:09 AM
yeah honestly who cares its womans basketball amy needs to start recruiting some hotties msum has some straight bombshells

SirHinn
02-05-2007, 01:26 PM
yeah honestly who cares its womans basketball amy needs to start recruiting some hotties msum has some straight bombshells

What is wrong with you? If your not going to give some type of educated responce, don't even bother waste our time ::).

gobison1
02-05-2007, 07:44 PM

What is wrong with you? *If your not going to give some type of educated responce, don't even bother waste our time *::). * *

Couldn't agree more. Get a life Slick!

sambini
02-05-2007, 11:49 PM
Or go to the MSUM BOARD.

finch901
02-05-2007, 11:53 PM
Or go to the MSUM BOARD.

They actually have one?