PDA

View Full Version : Ruley interview in the NDSU Spectrum

kchats
02-10-2007, 01:24 AM
Good read in the Spectrum an interview with Amy. She sounds confident. She also doesn't sound like she is going anywhere.

http://www.ndsuspectrum.com/sports/Spring07/2_9_07_sports_wbball.html

tcbison
02-10-2007, 02:27 PM
Good read in the Spectrum an interview with Amy. *She sounds confident. *She also doesn't sound like she is going anywhere.

http://www.ndsuspectrum.com/sports/Spring07/2_9_07_sports_wbball.html

Nor should she go anywhere. I am looking forward to next year with the transfers and some new recruits coming in. The glass is half full not half empty.

silkamilkamonico
02-10-2007, 09:17 PM
Just out of curiosity, I wonder what kind of timetable they will put on Ruley?

I understand that she has earned every right to be head coach as long as she wants, but I don't think the AD's are willing to sacrifice the program for Coach Ruley.

The program does need to get better, and I'm confident Ruley will get it done. But at the same time, reults will have to be seen on the court.

TheDoctor
02-11-2007, 07:01 PM
From this point on I think improvements are EXPECTED! *If we are going to say that the quality of players are down due to the fact that they are ineligible for post season play for 5 years. *The incoming freshmen this fall will be eligible their sophmore years, so there should be no excuse for not getting the top recruits. Especially considering no players should want to go up North now eaither because they will be going throuugh what we did*:)

whiteshadow
02-12-2007, 01:48 AM
I wrote the article and if you could have seen the look in Ruley's eyes when she said she was confident I guarantee you would have had no doubts about what success she believes is on the horizon for the Bison. She's done a great job with a mix-match of players this year and now that she's got a conference she can sell to recruits too, it isn't going to be long before the ladies will be in the mix at the top of the Mid-Con. They will be a lot of fun to watch over the next few years. Now if only they can get some people to come out and watch them it'll be even better. They play hard and are starting to find their groove, come on out and see what they can do!!

kchats
02-12-2007, 03:04 AM
Thanks for the article. It was a very good read. It is great to hear that Amy has the drive and fight to get NDSU up to the level they are used to and belong to. Keep up the good work.

sambini
02-12-2007, 03:48 AM
Nice job White shadow I give you a +++++++

gobison1
02-12-2007, 04:16 PM
I am glad that she has a good look in her eyes because I know that the girls playing for her do not. She needs to back up her comments by bringing in better recruits and stepping up the level of play that she has been getting out of her current players. It is always fun to look back and reflect on the rich history and tradition of Bison athletics but if that is going to continue we need to start connecting the dots in front of us and not behind.

WYOBISONMAN
02-12-2007, 04:22 PM
As much as I respect Ruley, things have to start to improve or we will need to look elsewhere.

BisBison
02-12-2007, 05:23 PM
good things come to those who wait. I'm guessing next year will be much improved, from what I've heard about the current red-shirt class.

whiteshadow
02-13-2007, 06:32 AM
Just remember, we're still in the transition phase and she's got a .500 team which isn't bad in itself. Also, it only takes one recruiting class to become a top tier team, just take a look at the fellas.

gobison1
02-13-2007, 12:49 PM
Just remember, we're still in the transition phase and she's got a .500 team which isn't bad in itself. *Also, it only takes one recruiting class to become a top tier team, just take a look at the fellas.

I am still waiting on that ONE recruiting class. I have not seen one for a long while. No longer can she rely on the banners hanging in the gym. Recruits don't have much interest in what was done in D-II.

roadwarrior
02-13-2007, 10:17 PM
The banners are no longer hanging in the BSA.

whiteshadow
02-14-2007, 04:52 PM
I guess I don't quite understand how it isn't enough for a team in the transition phase to finish with an above .500 record which appears what we're headed towards playing the toughest schedule probably in school history. Don't you think some of your standards are just a little bit high? The transition from Division II to Division I is not supposed to as easy as the football and men's basketball team are making it look. It is supposed to be a process and it's going to take a couple years. If you were expecting the team to come in and win like they did in Division II right away then you are very very foolish. For goodness sake, they beat Middle Tennessee State, Alabama and Minnesota among other teams and you're still not satisfied with the progress? Seriously, the team has made improvements from last year and is playing some pretty good basketball right now. There are a few too many people with unrealistic expectations right now.

gobison1
02-14-2007, 05:09 PM
I guess I don't quite understand how it isn't enough for a team in the transition phase to finish with an above .500 record which appears what we're headed towards playing the toughest schedule probably in school history. *Don't you think some of your standards are just a little bit high? *The transition from Division II to Division I is not supposed to as easy as the football and men's basketball team are making it look. *It is supposed to be a process and it's going to take a couple years. *If you were expecting the team to come in and win like they did in Division II right away then you are very very foolish. *For goodness sake, they beat Middle Tennessee State, Alabama and Minnesota among other teams and you're still not satisfied with the progress? *Seriously, the team has made improvements from last year and is playing some pretty good basketball right now. *There are a few too many people with unrealistic expectations right now.

I would agree with the transition period being a long slow process. I don't want to turn this into a "rip on Amy" session but when I look at what Miles and Bohl have been able to do with bringing in big time recruits and having teams that are already competing in EVERY game they are in it makes me wonder...Every scholarship Bohl offered this year was accepted. Miles and his great staff...well enough said when it comes to recruiting. They have assistants like Dave Richman out recruiting along with Miles. For the most part, Cara is handling all of the recruiting. That is not going to cut it. We may have a near .500 record but some of the games we have lost have been pretty tough to watch. I just think that if Ruley is a coach that some people are willing to give endless amounts of time to do what she wants, then she needs to step up to the plate and match the success that the football program and Men's B-Ball program have been having. I struggle to find an excuse for her as to why the women's program has taken longer than the other two.

bisonaudit
02-14-2007, 05:38 PM
Whiteshaddow,

That's a good pull for the Spectrum. They never got such high profile interviews when I was in school. Keep up the good work and try to get sued or censored every once in a while will you. School newspapers are basically consequence free zones, push the envelope a little bit.

jackrabbit1979
02-14-2007, 06:11 PM
...Every scholarship Bohl offered this year was accepted.

Off topic I know, but I believe NDSU offered Mount Vernon, SD native Jake Steffan and he signed with SDSU. *I don't know why he wasn't ever listed in your guys football recruit threads. *I believe this to be true, but if somebody has more information they could post as well.

mikelsch
02-14-2007, 09:13 PM
I thought it was mentioned quite a while back that NDSU and SDSU offered, but he chose SDSU.

SDbison
02-14-2007, 11:19 PM

Off topic I know, but I believe NDSU offered Mount Vernon, SD native Jake Steffan and he signed with SDSU. *I don't know why he wasn't ever listed in your guys football recruit threads. *I believe this to be true, but if somebody has more information they could post as well.
Geez, did someone get lost...........this is a women's basketball thread. Yeah it was in response to a comment made here, but rabbit fans take a chill pill. ::) ::)

jackrabbit1979
02-15-2007, 02:53 AM

Geez, did someone get lost...........this is a women's basketball thread. *Yeah it was in response to a comment made here, but rabbit fans take a chill pill. * ::) ::)

You are right, I must have been lost *::). *I was just responding to a false statement about your football recruiting in this same exact thread. *Why didn't you call out goBison1 for bringing up Bohl and Miles in his post. *It wasn't anything directly related to SDSU, I could have mentioned the other recruit Xzavier Stewart? from Chicago that Bohl offered and he turned down and had the same effect with my post. *I was just trying to show that Bohl and the Bison weren't invincible even though they had a great recruiting class. *I even apologized for going off topic, I just didn't think it made much sense to start a new thread in Football to point it out. *

Sorry SDBison, obviously you have a personal vendetta against me because I finally called you out after seeing post after post trash on SDSU, South Dakota, Brookings, Sioux Falls, and almost anything else directly related to the Rushmore State. *I am pretty sure there isn't a fence on the ND/SD border keeping you in South Dakota. *Move back to the promise land if you want...

tcbison
02-15-2007, 12:57 PM
I thought it was reported that all but two offers were accepted.

gobison1
02-15-2007, 02:37 PM

Geez, did someone get lost...........this is a women's basketball thread. *Yeah it was in response to a comment made here, but rabbit fans take a chill pill. * ::) ::)

You are right, I must have been lost *::). *I was just responding to a false statement about your football recruiting in this same exact thread. *Why didn't you call out goBison1 for bringing up Bohl and Miles in his post. *It wasn't anything directly related to SDSU, I could have mentioned the other recruit Xzavier Stewart? from Chicago that Bohl offered and he turned down and had the same effect with my post. *I was just trying to show that Bohl and the Bison weren't invincible even though they had a great recruiting class. *I even apologized for going off topic, I just didn't think it made much sense to start a new thread in Football to point it out. *

Sorry SDBison, obviously you have a personal vendetta against me because I finally called you out after seeing post after post trash on SDSU, South Dakota, Brookings, Sioux Falls, and almost anything else directly related to the Rushmore State. *I am pretty sure there isn't a fence on the ND/SD border keeping you in South Dakota. *Move back to the promise land if you want...

Bohl and Miles are a part of NDSU and that is what the comment was related to. If I was mistaken in my comments about Bohl getting all of his recruits then I apologize. If he wasn't able to get 2 or 3 then so be it. He does a great job recruiting and my point was is that Amy needs to step it up as well. I think you take things a little too personally Jackbunny. If you need to be part of a group hug or something like that to make yourself feel better, give your cowbell ringing fans a call. I am sure they would be more than willing to help you.

Back to Women's Hoops!

jackrabbit1979
02-15-2007, 04:04 PM
Back to Women's Hoops!

My thoughts exactly. I apologized for going off topic in my initial post, I just wanted to clarify what you were saying. It really didn't need to go any further than that. Sorry for the distraction.

SDbison
02-15-2007, 05:29 PM

1979 go nit pick on your SDSU board. I am an NDSU grad and support NDSU academically and athletically. I did grow up in the FM area and yeah I am a kind of a homer, but this is an NDSU message board. Yes, I am critical of pompous SDSU fans and the small time thinking of much of SD. Also, I do have a good paying job here in SD unlike most of you so I will stay here for a while longer. Thanks for caring.

gobison1
02-15-2007, 08:09 PM
*Also, I do have a good paying job here in SD unlike most of you so I will stay here for a while longer. *Thanks for caring. * [/quote]

I am a Bison fan as well but that sounded like nothing short of a cheap shot to me. I always like to think NDSU fans hold themselves to a certain standard of character. Lets keep the gloves up!

Rabbitlivinginverm
02-15-2007, 10:56 PM

1979 go nit pick on your SDSU board. *I am an NDSU grad and support NDSU academically and athletically. *I did grow up in the FM area and yeah I am a kind of a homer, but this is an NDSU message board. *Yes, I am critical of pompous SDSU fans and the small time thinking of much of SD. *Also, I do have a good paying job here in SD unlike most of you so I will stay here for a while longer. *Thanks for caring. *

I hear that state of North Dakota employees will be getting a raise for the first time in 4 years this July. Good for them and the forward thinking of North Dakota.

sambini
02-16-2007, 12:33 AM
Now folks back to womens hoops. I think Amys team next year with the transfers should be a lot better. I don't know much about the Jacks ?

jwbeuk1
02-16-2007, 03:16 PM
Now folks back to womens hoops. I think Amys team next year with the transfers should be a lot better. I don't know much about the Jacks ?

They are currently 18 - 5, will likely get an invited to the WNIT this year and should get out of the first round without a problem. Next year they very well could run the tables in the Mid Con with little effort. If they were eligible for the NCAA this year, they would possibly get invited as an Independent. They have done this with a load of Fresh and Soph (solid recruiting). I think Ruley needs to do some work on her recruiting to get to the level of SDSU. *On another note, I don't recall NDSU beating Middle Tennessee as stated in an earlier post. In fact, they were pummeled by 30 :'(.

jackrabbit1979
02-16-2007, 06:07 PM
I believe NDSU beat Mid Tenn State last year in Fargo, right after Mid Tenn St knocked off the Jacks in Frost. That could be what the poster was referring to. It was definately a good win for the Bison last year.

Mr._Burgundy
02-18-2007, 12:55 AM
Sorry...off topic....but to clarify, at signing day....Bohl stated that 18 of 20 players offered accepted. He mentioned the Defensive lineman who chose K-State...and I sort of got the impression the other one was Solum that chose UND...as I thought he said another player wanted more playing time and the position of his choice. Who knows, but that was my impression.