PDA

View Full Version : Strong finish

roadwarrior
03-04-2007, 05:16 PM
The Bison women won 6 of their final 7 games, including winning the final two on the road. I hope this is a sign.

Trimmy
03-04-2007, 06:36 PM
The Bison women won 6 of their final 7 games, including winning the final two on the road. *I hope this is a sign.

If you ask me they did pretty good for a transition teams. The majority of teams in the same boat would gladly trade places with the Bison women.

Great job ladies. Keep up the hard work.

NDSUstudent
03-04-2007, 07:45 PM
The women definately had a nice finish and Amy deserves some mild praise for what she has done. This definately wasn't one of her better teams but they ended up with a 14-11 and an RPI of 138 which pretty damn good for a transition team.

DenverBison05
03-04-2007, 08:16 PM
The women definately had a nice finish and Amy deserves some mild praise for what she has done. This definately wasn't one of her better teams but they ended up with a 14-11 and an RPI of 138 which pretty damn good for a transition team.

What's interesting is that they have a better RPI than the guys. :-?

NDSUstudent
03-04-2007, 08:26 PM

What's interesting is that they have a better RPI than the guys. * :-?

Well they did play a tougher schedule and womens basketball isn't very deep, schools just don't put the resources into it as they do on the mens side. NDSU definately funds it's womens program very well and that is why I think we'll be a contender in the Mid-Con. SDSU will be the favorite by far but NDSU will hold their own and hopefully by 08-09 Amy will have closed the gap on the Rabbits.

BisBison
03-04-2007, 09:09 PM

just because I'm too lazy to look for myself, where did the men's team end up RPI wise?

Hammersmith
03-04-2007, 09:19 PM

just because I'm too lazy to look for myself, where did the men's team end up RPI wise?
Kenpom has us at 157 and RealTimeRPI has us at 159. This week's official NCAA ranking will come out tomorrow and the final ranking will come out after all the conference tournaments are finished.

RealTimeRPI has bumped the women up to 137, but that number will also continue to change until all the tournaments are over.

Last week's offical numbers were 156 for the men and 148 for the women.

sambini
03-05-2007, 01:00 AM
Nice finish ladies and looking forward to next season in the MID-CON.

rabidrabbit
03-06-2007, 02:33 PM

In the Mid-Con, NDSU's rating would have been about 2nd best. 12 conferences' #2 team (WNIT likely participant) were lower than 140, or about where NDSU finished. :)

Other than them darn Rabbits ::) NDSU had a successful women's BB season. ;)

Look forward to OUR participation in the Mid-Con! ;D

IowaBison
03-06-2007, 07:51 PM
you guys suck.

;)

mikelsch
03-06-2007, 08:43 PM

In the Mid-Con, NDSU's rating would have been about 2nd best. *12 conferences' #2 team (WNIT likely participant) were lower than 140, or about where NDSU finished. *:)

Other than them darn Rabbits *::) NDSU had a successful women's BB season. *;)

Look forward to OUR participation in the Mid-Con! *;D

Do you think the Rabbits will be better, same, or worse without Megan Vogel next season?

2nd question ---> Will the Jacks women beat the Jacks men in a pick-up game next season?

thebluehatman
03-06-2007, 08:44 PM
1st question the same....
2nd question no doubt they would.

DORMIE
03-06-2007, 09:28 PM
SDSU will probably be just as good without Vogel as the younger players will improve. We will be much better as once Amy found a lineup that clicked, they played quite well. The starters stayed with the Jacks during the last game, however the bench just couldn't get it done. The red shirts and newcomers should help with the depth. I see a vast improvment next year. Don't give up, there is still some fire in the eyes of the Ruley gal.

rabidrabbit
03-07-2007, 02:42 PM

In the Mid-Con, NDSU's rating would have been about 2nd best. *12 conferences' #2 team (WNIT likely participant) were lower than 140, or about where NDSU finished. *:)

Other than them darn Rabbits *::) NDSU had a successful women's BB season. *;)

Look forward to OUR participation in the Mid-Con! *;D

Do you think the Rabbits will be better, same, or worse without Megan Vogel next season?

2nd question ---> Will the Jacks women beat the Jacks men in a pick-up game next season?

Rabbits will be down slightly earlier as Muchenhirn and Warkenthein, and Boever find their groove together. Their RPI will likely be a bit lower as finding as challenging a OOC schedule will be difficult because of their successes. Further, I have no confidence that the Mid-Con won't be a lesser situation than the independents were this year. I see the Jacks winning the reg season title, and the Bison battling as a pool of three other schools for 2nd.

Jacks men would win vs women, but it'd be a cats-n-dogs battle! ;D

thebluehatman
03-11-2007, 05:51 AM
SO Monday is the day we find out if we make the WNIT. Bison fans are welcome to come down and watch us if/when we some home games. Tickets should be decently priced. Hate to anger all you Bison fans but of all the basketball teams men's and women's our women's team has performed the best so far. Good luck in the rest of your transition. I believe you come down here for softball at the end of the month. Looking forward to maybe meeting somemore bison fans in the near future. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

TheDoctor
03-11-2007, 09:01 AM
SO Monday is the day we find out if we make the WNIT. *Bison fans are welcome to come down and watch us if/when we some home games. *Tickets should be decently priced. *Hate to anger all you Bison fans but of all the basketball teams men's and women's our women's team has performed the best so far. *Good luck in the rest of your transition. *I believe you come down here for softball at the end of the month. *Looking forward to maybe meeting somemore bison fans in the near future. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Won't be there but good luck getting a home game! Getting in is NOT a question! ;)

mikelsch
03-12-2007, 03:44 PM
SO Monday is the day we find out if we make the WNIT. *Bison fans are welcome to come down and watch us if/when we some home games. *Tickets should be decently priced. *Hate to anger all you Bison fans but of all the basketball teams men's and women's our women's team has performed the best so far. *Good luck in the rest of your transition. *I believe you come down here for softball at the end of the month. *Looking forward to maybe meeting somemore bison fans in the near future. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Not trying to take anything away from the Jacks women (because they have earned it), but it is a lot easier to reach the upper crust of women's basketball than men's.

Ivy
03-12-2007, 03:57 PM

What time do they make the annoucement? Looking forward to seeing how it all plays out for the Jacks. You have a great team. Best of luck!

thebluehatman
03-12-2007, 04:41 PM
Between 7 pm and 10 pm tonight they should announce the field. I got it down to 57 teams that could make it using RPI and conference records. It's looking good for us.

cabis
03-12-2007, 04:56 PM

Not trying to take anything away from the Jacks women (because they have earned it), but it is a lot easier to reach the upper crust of women's basketball than men's.
How do you justify that statement? There are 336 Div I men's programs and 335 women's. It looks pretty equal to me.

NDSUstudent
03-12-2007, 05:05 PM

How do you justify that statement? There are 336 Div I men's programs and 335 women's. It looks pretty equal to me.

Womens basketball has much less depth because schools spend a lot more on mens hoops compared to womens. It isn't even close to equal, for the NDSU men to get where SDSU is in womens hoops as an indy is impossible.

mikelsch
03-12-2007, 06:22 PM

Womens basketball has much less depth because schools spend a lot more on mens hoops compared to womens. It isn't even close to equal, for the NDSU men to get where SDSU is in womens hoops as an indy is impossible.

100% Agreed NDSU Student