PDA

View Full Version : Women's scholarships

WePharm
04-11-2007, 03:57 PM
I was looking at this years's roster and Amy has four seniors. If Amanda comes back under the NCAA's hardship waiver that means we lose three players-the Dahlen sisters and Danni Heintelmann. If we recruited four new players, where is the fourth scholarship coming from? Is there someone(s) on our roster that is not coming back or getting a scholarship? Have we used all our scholarships for
07-08?

Amy's new recruits appear to be very solid. They bring needed athleticism, quickness & scoring ability.

roadwarrior
04-12-2007, 01:15 AM
There may be a walkon or two on the team. Amy has 15 scholarships to hand out.

DORMIE
04-12-2007, 01:30 PM
In talking with Amy after the first SDSU loss she seemed to be getting fed up with the attitude and focus of some of her players. Don't be surprised if some of this years players are missing from the roster. She really likes the 2 CSU transfers. They seem to know what kind of effort there needs to be at this level.

IowaBison
04-13-2007, 01:57 PM
I hadn't heard that before Dormie, but it makes sense.

At times it seemed as if some players weren't even trying.

Moran, Bue, Slyt never fell in that category.

bisonpride2k
04-13-2007, 05:24 PM
In talking with Amy after the first SDSU loss she seemed to be getting fed up with the attitude and focus of some of her players. *Don't be surprised if some of this years players are missing from the roster. *She really likes the 2 CSU transfers. *They seem to know what kind of effort there needs to be at this level.

ATTITUDE and FOCUS!!! How about recruiting some players that are not slow and UNATHLETIC! She has a full compliment of scholarships. No matter the level of attitude and fucus, tallent and athletic ability at the level they had in comparison to SDSU is not even in the same league. If you are not athletic then you better be able to shoot the lights out and we dont have that either. I still say the team we put on the floor last season would have been lucky to finish .500 in the NCC and make it to the Regional.

DORMIE
04-13-2007, 06:49 PM
You still fail to remember about the point guard that went back to Wisc. and all of the problems at point guard with the health of Girodot. It also hasn't been easy recruting without a league to play in and also the quality of the facilities we have. Hpefully the furure will be much brighter with the Mid-Con and improvement of our facilities. At the end of last year out starting 5 wasn't too bad, we just didn't have a bench. The Dahlen's sure were not the answer.

NoDakSt
04-14-2007, 04:28 PM
Maybe you just put the best five players on the floor...regardless of position. If that is Moran, Bue, Slyt, Girodat, Samuelson, Walseth so be it. It may mean playing without a true post player but at least you will have players out there who hustle and have their head in the game.

I don't know how much Danni's blood disease figured into her below average stats. Dormie sited the Dahlens as also having a drop off in performance and I'll put Ali Sonstelie into that group. Our most played post players, Lemnus and Penley weren't consistent. We're a program that has always had strong post play: Patsie, Stamp, Morlock, Boednekker, Steere, Klaabo, Fricke, to name a few. Now we have big girls on the team, but they aren't getting it done.