PDA

View Full Version : Starting next year.

NoDakSt
03-11-2007, 10:25 PM
Bison return their top guns next season plus they have some power players becoming eligible. The backcourt could be kind of full for SU which should make for some great competition.

The combination that worked out well at the end of the year was Giordat, Moran, and Bue in the backcourt with Slyt and Lemnus starting down low. That backcourt was terrific and I don't see messing with that. Slyt was also a consistent performer being an inside outside threat. But you have Ashley Samuelson coming off the bench at the wing. Where does she see time at? I think there will be some great competition at the 3-4 spot and if Slyt and Samuelson play simultaneously, Bue could sit out or move to the two. Moran could also play the point although Giordat commands that spot when the Bison are at their best.

Of course, this all presumes that Amanda wins her appeal to return for another year.

NDSUFREAK10
03-12-2007, 02:13 AM
Looking for improvements next year and I think that Amy can get it done. It seems like it is finally coming together.

sambini
03-16-2007, 08:35 AM
Amy will get it done. She has that burning desire to get her program back. She will start the 5 best ladies who have the desire and will to suceed. Good luck next season Bison Ladies.

NDSUFREAK10
03-16-2007, 11:00 PM
I believe that the women have started to get comfortable with DI now. They will put up a good showing next year in the Mid-Con.

sambini
03-18-2007, 10:17 AM
And get it done BISON IN THE MID-CON. Would be nice to go dancing and not at Borrowed Bucks ...

BisonMav
03-19-2007, 02:28 PM
And get it done BISON IN THE MID-CON. Would be nice to go dancing and not at Borrowed Bucks ...

MID-CON will have a positive influence on recruiting, plus becoming eligible for the tournament in 2008.

sambini
04-01-2007, 03:40 AM
And its good that Amanda is coming back for us>+++

TheDoctor
04-06-2007, 06:00 AM
And its good that Amanda is coming back for us>+++

Does she get to come back for sure or did she decide she'd like to and is going through the appeal process?

sambini
04-06-2007, 07:04 AM
SHE IS GOING THROUGH THE APPEAL PROCESS AND IT SOUNDS LIKE SHE WE GET ANOTHER YEAR.

TheDoctor
04-06-2007, 03:22 PM
SHE IS GOING THROUGH THE APPEAL PROCESS AND IT SOUNDS LIKE SHE WE GET ANOTHER YEAR.

Thanks. ;)

NDSUFREAK10
04-08-2007, 01:13 AM
ANOTHER YEAR INDEED! +++++++++++

NoDakSt
04-20-2007, 03:03 AM
OK....no more need to speculate about Amanda...we'll have her back. *

My starting lineup for next season then:

Amanda Giordat
Lisa Bue
Ashley Samuelson
Brenda Slyt
Lemnus/Penley

Giordat is a given. *While not a prolific scorer she is a heady point guard who makes things happen. *Bue and Slyt are the prime offensive threats. *My evaluation of Samuelson is based on comments that were posted on this board regarding Amy's satisfaction with both her and Walseth. * While Lemnus and Penley are not consistent, NDSU cannot afford to go small at the Division One level. *If they could, I would put Moran in the starting lineup.

I think the first bench players in will be Moran and Walseth. *Nice luxury to be able to have a scorer coming off the bench (Moran) and my basis of Walseth is that again, based solely on the comments ot others pertaining to Amy's satisfaction.

I would like Inger to get some key minutes as heir to the point guard position. *Also, I don't expect the frosh to see much playing time however I'm intrigued by Trecker. *

sambini
04-20-2007, 03:31 AM
The best five...Amy will get it done+++

roadwarrior
04-20-2007, 01:38 PM
With the play Moran showed us the last two months of the season, I dont think we want her on the bench.

sambini
04-20-2007, 10:40 PM
++++

NoDakSt
04-21-2007, 09:25 PM
Well...a starting rotation of Giordat, Moran, Bue, Slyt, and Samuelson might allow NDSU a five and out offense where any of the above players can drive and dish out for an outside shot. Setting lots of perimeter screens. Our post offense will be suspect...but I guess it was this year. Our rebounding will suffer in this rotation as well, especially keeping the opposition off the offensive boards. The players will have to make a concentrated effort to box out and play tough defense in the post.