PDA

View Full Version : Ed Schultz

BISON_PRIDE
12-15-2004, 09:22 PM
Ed's not going to do his news and views anymore, instead he's taking over the afternoon slot with his national radio show. *Some of the posts on the Forum message board are hilarious. *You either love him or hate him.

99Bison
12-15-2004, 09:27 PM
You either love him or hate him.

Who loves him?

IowaBison
12-15-2004, 09:35 PM
is his mother still alive?

Bison_Dan
12-15-2004, 09:44 PM
Ed's is a confused indivdual that doesn't know what he is. sue or Bison, dem or repub. :P :P

Bison7925
12-15-2004, 10:17 PM
How about his dog then ??? ??? Oops ;D

BisonCountry
12-15-2004, 10:18 PM
It's kind of like the Big Eddy Steak at the Fireside in Detroit Lakes...

You don't want order it cause you get steak one time, next time it's chicken, next time it's turkey, next time it's duck...and the price keeps going up too! ;D

Bisonguy
12-16-2004, 12:03 AM
Ed is more good than bad.

Look at whose side he's on, now that no money is involved. ::)

teamsioux
12-17-2004, 11:02 PM
Damn, just one more thing for the Bison to hold over the Sioux fans. ;)

MRBISON
12-22-2004, 05:44 PM
Teamsioux....In this case I really feel bad for ya.

Unfortunately, You're stuck with Fast Eddy..for now....until he changes his mind again.

This is one area that neither the Sioux or Bison come out ahead..unless he proclaims himself as a Cobber fan or something!

BisonCountry
12-22-2004, 05:48 PM
Shouldn't he really be a Dragon fan since that is where he played college ball?

Bisonguy
12-22-2004, 06:06 PM
Teamsioux....In this case I really feel bad for ya.

Unfortunately, You're stuck with Fast Eddy..for now....until he changes his mind again.

This is one area that neither the Sioux or Bison come out ahead..unless he proclaims himself as a Cobber fan or something!

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Ed quit calling the Sioux games on KFGO after the 2003 season. Now that he no longer is paid to be affiliated with either school, he chose to become a member of Team Makers.

Ed's obviously a fan of DI athletics, and is helping out Bison athletics. That's a good thing. ;D

MRBISON
12-22-2004, 06:13 PM
Yeah, Ed should be a Dragon fan, but so should Bakken.
But MSU stinks at everything so there's not much to write about or talk about for those two morons.

I don't agree that having fast Eddy back on the NDSU bandwagon is a good thing. I don't see anything positive that he brings to the table.

Bisonguy
12-22-2004, 06:28 PM
Ed brings the greatest thing that the Mighty Bison athletic department needs: financial support.

Yeah, he might be contoversial, but not because of unethical business practices or some other disgraceful events. His job was to stir up controversy, so people would call in to his show.

MRBISON
12-22-2004, 06:40 PM
I agree...NDSU needs all the financial support they can get. And they shouldn't turn down his money....But at what point does it become a matter of principal?

All I am saying is that Ed has a history of brining negative publicity upon whatever insitiution he supports, and NDSU should be careful about maintaining its integrity.

Just an example.... and Granted..fast Eddy is no Nazi...but Ralph hasn't exactly brought positive publicity to our neighbors to the north.

Bisonguy
12-22-2004, 07:00 PM
I agree...NDSU needs all the financial support they can get. And they shouldn't turn down his money....But at what point does it become a matter of principal?

All I am saying is that Ed has a history of brining negative publicity upon whatever insitiution he supports, and NDSU should be careful about maintaining its integrity.

Just an example.... and Granted..fast Eddy is no Nazi...but Ralph hasn't exactly brought positive publicity to our neighbors to the north.

I don't think any negative publicity was reflected on the respective universities, but rather on himself. No matter, he's not speaking for or on behalf of NDSU, he's just supporting the program financially like you and me.

I don't always agree with Ed, or even like what he says on the radio, but if he wants to support Bison athletics, I have no problem with it.

*thread degeneration follows*: IMHO- Other than the screaming that sounded as if he was going into cardiac arrest, Ed Schultz was the best play-by-play announcer that I can remember in the region. He would always paint a vivid picture of what was occuring during the game, and included all the information available. You could tune in at just about at any point of the game and know exactly what was happening. I'll listen to the UND games if NDSU isn't playing, and the current guys they have forget to say the down before the play sometimes.

JBB
12-22-2004, 10:26 PM
BisonGuy,

didnt we have this conversation in the tailgate lot?

My greatest praise for him? He raised the production value of regional sports casting to a national level.

Ed was a good play by play but he often left me wondering where the ball was.

Im glad he joined the Team Makers.

Bisonguy
12-22-2004, 10:35 PM
BisonGuy,

didnt we have this conversation in the tailgate lot?

My greatest praise for him? *He raised the production value of regional sports casting to a national level. *

Ed was a good play by play but he often left me wondering where the ball was.

Im glad he joined the Team Makers. *

I was having too much fun to completely remember that conversation. ;D

BisBison
12-24-2004, 04:07 AM
I don't always agree with Ed, or even like what he says on the radio, but if he wants to support Bison athletics, I have no problem with it.

I totally agree, We need everyone's support, let's keep the door open. I didn't see any strings attached and as far as I know he just donated to a worthy cause. I think he sees the value of D-I in Fargo.

Bisonguy
01-14-2005, 01:40 AM
Ed's on the O'Reilly Factor on Fox News right now........

Trimmy
01-14-2005, 02:51 AM
Did you guys hear he's talkin' to MSNBC about a TV show?

kchats
01-14-2005, 04:52 AM
Bill O'Reilly ate Ed for Lunch. Ed couldn't answer any of the questions and he came out looking like a guy that likes to ride a winner. He became a Democrat while Clinton was in the White House, very interesting. He mentioned that he had shotguns but he forgot to tell Bill that he shouldn't be allowed to have one since he shot his dog while hunting. He is a disgrace and his opinion means nothing. How do you know that his current opinion is the one he'll have next year? He was all Bison while doing the Bison games. He tries to get them on his own with his own station and fails. He fades into oblivion and disappears only to reappear as the voice of the Sioux. He becomes all Sioux and acts like he never was involved with Bison athletics at any point in his life. Coach Blais asks UND to not allow him to broadcast his games and he gets fired again. Now he does a Democratic talk show and gives money to the Bison. How many personalities does this idiot have? It is a shame that of all the good people in North Dakota an idiot like Ed gets on FOX News. ;D

MinotBison
01-14-2005, 05:05 AM
He has always struck me as an something of an opportunist.

Bison_Dan
01-14-2005, 01:31 PM
Ed will be whatever to you want him to be - just show him the money. :P