PDA

View Full Version : Travelocity North Dakota Feature

Bisonguy
03-18-2005, 05:34 AM
Local Secrets, Big Finds: North Dakota (http://svc.travelocity.com/promos/mkt_nd/0,,TRAVELOCITY,00.html)

Nice to see three of downtown Fargo's cornerstones make the top 10 in Travelocity's guide to North Dakota. Too bad the picture of the Fargo Theatre isn't next to the write-up :-/

tony
03-18-2005, 06:10 PM
Now I feel old... I don't think the Broken Oar was around in Mandan when I went to high school. They say it looks like it hasn't changed in a 100 years.

bisonranch
03-18-2005, 06:46 PM
Now I feel old... I don't think the Broken Oar was around in Mandan when I went to high school. They say it looks like it hasn't changed in a 100 years.

They also say "best bar in North Dakota". That might be true for maybe four months of the year, but publicity is good.

Bisonguy
03-18-2005, 06:52 PM
The nation already knows what the best sports bar is in North Dakota- Playmakers bar makes SI list (http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=82291&section=Sports), and I'm sure they needed to balance out the list with features from all across the state.

BisBison
03-19-2005, 12:40 AM

Tony, I didn't know you were a Mandan native. MHS class of 74 here. Next time you come out west give a yell I'll take you for a boat ride down the Missouri to the "oar" for a burger & beer.

insane_ponderer
03-19-2005, 05:37 PM
i do love the oar...good memories from a few summers ago, but beware the clamdigger ;)

tony
03-21-2005, 02:38 PM
BisBison, yep, I'm Mandan High class of 83 here. I always hope to get back but it never seems to work out.

Herd_Mentality
03-21-2005, 03:01 PM
It's great how one of the most pathetic "sports bars" in Fargo is one of the "best in the nation". Now, I'd have to say Chub's Pub is more historic and visit-worthy than the Broken Oar.

insane_ponderer
03-21-2005, 10:00 PM
just for fun....and assuming most everyone on this board is familiar with fargo bars, whether current or "historical"

Whats your top three favorite bars in fargo?

mine are,
1. Duffys
2. The Turf
3. Rooters

Bisonguy
03-21-2005, 10:36 PM
Seeing as how I really don't go to the bars anymore-
My favorites in college:
1) The T (aka Trader and Trapper)
2) Sports Bar
3)The Turf/ Rooter's

Trimmy
03-21-2005, 10:36 PM
1. Rick's
2. Sidestreet Pub (my affections stem from when it was the Mosquito Landing)
3. The Empire

Sioux_Yeah_Yeah
03-21-2005, 11:01 PM
I was very happy to see my old stomping grounds of Watford City on the list! Go Wolves!

bisonranch
03-21-2005, 11:28 PM
The Oar is definatly a better place to be on warm summer nights, but I always try to hit Chub's when in Fargo. Favorite Fargo bars, 1. Chub's 2. Turf 3. Harwood Hideout

BisBison and Tony, you're not the only MHS people here, but you have a few years on me.

BisBison
03-22-2005, 12:40 AM
It's great how one of the most pathetic "sports bars" in Fargo is one of the "best in the nation". Now, I'd have to say Chub's Pub is more historic and visit-worthy than the Broken Oar.

I've had great times @ chubs but there is nothing better than driving your boat up to the oar on a hot summer night, having a burger & beer and listening to a great band on the deck while watching the river float by. Too bad you can only do that for 3 months of the year here in the frozen tundra of ND.

BisBison
03-22-2005, 12:42 AM
BisBison and Tony, you're not the only MHS people here, but you have a few years on me.

Sometimes I think I have a few years on everybody.

JBB
03-22-2005, 01:13 AM
M&J for Bingo, the Silver Dollar for a quick one and the Bowler for NDSU Sports. *Ill stop in at Ohares when Im alone sometimes. *Watched the Delta State game there too. *The last time NDSU beat und I was at the Bowler.

bisonranch
03-22-2005, 02:47 AM
the Silver Dollar for a quick one

Definately gotta specify what town for this line. People in the central/western part of the state may take that the wrong way. ;)

JBB
03-22-2005, 01:24 PM
The one, the only, the original Silver Dollar Bar in West Fargo. :) :)

Sioux_Yeah_Yeah
03-22-2005, 03:20 PM
M&J for Bingo, the Silver Dollar for a quick one and the Bowler for NDSU Sports. *Ill stop in at Ohares when Im alone sometimes. *Watched the Delta State game there too. *The last time NDSU beat und I was at the Bowler.

Place has been open for quite a while then huh ;)

JBB
03-22-2005, 05:07 PM
Yea, *I guess it has been open for a while since we havent played them in years. They arent even in the same division anymore. Nobody remembers much about them. **I guess they are still around though in DII. * ;)