PDA

View Full Version : Disappointing news in The Forum

02Bison
04-24-2005, 07:20 AM
There was a disappointing blurb in today's Forum about a former Bison football player and some trouble at Coaches this weekend. >:( :( >:( :( >:( :(

bisononce
04-25-2005, 03:48 AM
Not excusing the ex Bison, but the straight inside scoop is - Coaches has an anger management problem in their people skills and "security" tactics.

Bisonfan1
04-25-2005, 04:48 AM
02Bison, you are the one preaching constantly about undII posts, and on and on and on, and how they are not revelant to Bison football. Now YOU ARE THE ONE posting about a former players misfortunes. If I was that former player I would be damn pissed off about you bringing more attention to my misfortunes, and causing more attention to the damage allready being done by the newspaper. He is a FORMER player, so why mention it, you never see, "A Former "SEARS EMPLOYEE" etc etc in the paper, why does that have to be mentioned. Shame on you for bringing more attention to this matter, that to me, IS NOT RELEVANT TO BISON FOOTBALL. There is a dose of your own medicine!!! There is too much crap going on all over our country and abroad, our boys are fighting for their lives, and you are on here preaching about petty little matters and lecturing people about posts on this board about undII. Good greif man, get a grip !!!! And if you cant get a grip, send me a private message, and i will try and get you some professional help privately without posting your baggage all over this board.

02Bison
04-25-2005, 05:01 AM
Good grief! Get a grip Bisonfan1. This is relevant to the Bison community. You are preaching sweeping things under the rug. That's a bad thing to preach, man! Need any proof of that, just remember the end of the Hager years. The truth is there and it was put in the paper with "former NDSU football player" right there in the meat of the article. There is no need to hide it. I merely said I was disappointed to read that as I expect to see a high degree of integrity from all individuals associated with NDSU in any shape or form. I can also say with a high degree of certainty that if it was a UND player that got in trouble it wouldn't have taken long for a "bison fan" on here to post that and start mocking UND. Put the shoe on the other foot for once and start seeing things objectively and take them with a grain of salt. I was merely indicating how disappointed I was to read this and how it undoubtedly is bad press for NDSU.

Bisonfan1
04-25-2005, 05:11 AM
Why dont YOU post all about your mistfortunes and baggage on this worldwide web site so we can all see where to go to read about it. I Dont think you would appreciate it someone directing us right where to go to read about you now would you??????

kchats
04-25-2005, 05:16 AM
How is this bad press for the NDSU program? He is a former player and I don't recall any incidents while he played for the Bison. After they leave the program they are no longer under Coach Bohl's leadership so what they do in on them not the Bison football program. If he had been in trouble while playing for the Bison and had Coach Bohl not disciplined him this would be another story, but as I said earlier I never heard of any problems with him while he was on the team. What somebody does after graduation or the end of his or her eligibility does not affect the current program.

Bisonfan1
04-25-2005, 05:25 AM
Thats what im talking about kchats. It is CRAP that "former NDSU Football Player" needs to be in the article at all. And someone drawing more attention to the matter by directing others to the newspaper to read about it.

02Bison
04-25-2005, 07:16 PM
Thats what im talking about kchats. It is CRAP that "former NDSU Football Player" needs to be in the article at all. And someone drawing more attention to the matter by directing others to the newspaper to read about it.

I hear Home Depot has brooms on sale.

kchats
04-25-2005, 07:31 PM
I hear Home Depot has brooms on sale. *

Have you been searching the internet looking for former students of NDSU that might have been in trouble with the law. Maybe somebody that got a DUI or a DWI, how about drug dealing, child molestation any other crimes that in your mind would diminish the reputation of NDSU. I know that a former football player getting into trouble might trouble you but he was nothing more than a student and I think you need to give the same scrutiny to a former non-athlete's troubles. Why you say because they both mean the same thing when it comes to NDSU's current reputation, nothing.

Herd_Mentality
04-25-2005, 07:58 PM
I hear Home Depot has brooms on sale. *

Wow....

Have you sent in your TeamMakers membership yet?

BisonMav
04-25-2005, 08:08 PM
It's never good to hear about former players getting their names in the news. We will have to wait and see what the courts say as to his guilt or not.

BISON_PRIDE
04-25-2005, 08:37 PM
A story like this will always make news in the Fargo media, big deal. We still have outstanding young men in the football program but whenever someone wanders into a strange house drunk on their 21st birthday, it's gonna be front page news. Thats the drawback to living in a community of this size, consider ourselves lucky that we don't have the problems of some of other programs.

Bison_Dan
04-25-2005, 09:34 PM
Good grief! Get a grip Bisonfan1. This is relevant to the Bison community. *You are preaching sweeping things under the rug. *That's a bad thing to preach, man! Need any proof of that, just remember the end of the Hager years. *The truth is there and it was put in the paper with "former NDSU football player" right there in the meat of the article. * There is no need to hide it. I merely said I was disappointed to read that as I expect to see a high degree of integrity from all individuals associated with NDSU in any shape or form. * I can also say with a high degree of certainty that if it was a UND player that got in trouble it wouldn't have taken long for a "bison fan" on here to post that and start mocking UND. *Put the shoe on the other foot for once and start seeing things objectively and take them with a grain of salt. *I was merely indicating how disappointed I was to read this and how it undoubtedly is bad press for NDSU. * *

Actually if a fb from und got in trouble in gf the cop would have given him a ride home. *The gf hearld would have never have reported it and for sure it never would have been on the front page. *The only time an athlete gets into trouble in gf is when someone has a complaint against one and charges are filed. * 02 your an idiot! *No one is trying to sweep anything under the rug - kind of hard when it's on the front page of the Forum isn't. *

Sioux_Yeah_Yeah
04-25-2005, 09:46 PM
Actually if a fb from und got in trouble in gf the cop would have given him a ride home. *The gf hearld would have never have reported it and for sure it never would have been on the front page. *The only time an athlete gets into trouble in gf is when someone has a complaint against one and charges are filed. * 02 your an idiot! *No one is trying to sweep anything under the rug - kind of hard when it's on the front page of the Forum isn't. *

Dan, YOU are the idiot, why would you bring GF and UND into this?

RedRiver
04-25-2005, 10:28 PM
He's responding to 02bison, WHO brought und and Bison Fans into his second post!

Herd_Mentality
04-25-2005, 11:05 PM
I don't think anyone is attempting to sweep this under the rug. *It's just too bad that the Forum took it upon themselves to stress that it was an ex-football player. *If he had been an active member of the team, so be it...he has certain rules/standards set forth by the coach and is in the public eye. *Any current player at any university knows that if they don't keep their nose clean that the media will crucify them.

Now, *will the Forum print anything later if Mr. Ware is found innocent....NO. *Many years ago a relative of mine who owns a bar was on his way home after 5 straight nights of closing up. *He fell asleep at the wheel, rolled his car and was knocked unconscious. *The local paper reported the inncident with the beautiful little snippet that all law enforcement likes to include..... "alcohol may have been involved". *Turns out alcohol wasn't involved, but there was never a retraction or followup printed and his reputation remains tarnished to this day. *I guess what I'm trying to say is that it is really hard to focus on one bad thing that someone MIGHT have done...and to perpetuate that, unless you have ALL the facts. *Don't ruin somebody's reputation on printed allegations that try to link their "profession" with an incident.

kchats
04-25-2005, 11:29 PM
And I said I bet a bunch of non-athletes that attended NDSU and maybe even graduated have been in trouble with the law too since they left campus. Do we need to report on all of the NDSU alumus legal troubles? Will they start scouring the wire looking for people who graduated from NDSU and write stories. John Doe, NDSU graduate in 1985, was arrested for drunken driving in Boise, Idaho. If they did would it lessen the value of your education at NDSU because one guy in a bunch of guys did something wrong? >:(

JBB
04-26-2005, 12:21 AM
I hear you BisonFan1. :)

greenandgold01
04-26-2005, 12:35 AM
The forum is full of UND alums. There was no way they'd let this inncident go without tying it to NDSU football.

If it had been an ex UND football player, however, nothing would've been said.

Junior
04-26-2005, 01:38 AM
I would say the real disappointment here is the Forum. Nice objective story. <sarcasm>

There are three things you never give a guy a hard time about...

1) Shooting a deer in the ass
2) Getting a girl pregnant
3) Getting in trouble will the law

...because all these things can happen to you.

Bison77
04-26-2005, 03:10 AM
This is a benefit of playing sports in college. My son played football at NDSU and had a 4.0 grade point average last fall during the season and the Forum didn't find that to be newsworthy. The moral of the story is news isn't printable unless you can tear down the person involved and the more activities the person is involved the better the story. The newspapers, tv & radio reporters are all the same, so we have to get used to it. Another example is NDSU has student athletes of the week for every week during the school year, but have these athletes ever been recognized with an article listing their achievements. If WDAY and the Forum are really the VOICE OF THE BISON, maybe some positive reporting would be appreciated.

sambini
04-26-2005, 04:24 AM
I TOTALLY AGREE BISON 77. HOW ABOUT SOME POSITIVE STUFF WDAY AND THE FORUM.

Bison_Dan
04-26-2005, 01:47 PM
Dan, YOU are the idiot, why would you bring GF and UND into this? *

Sorry you feel that way yeah yeah but the truth is the truth. That's not excusing what Ware did, if he's guilty then he'll be punished. The fact remains that there's a different standard between Fargo and gf. gf is a small town and a total und college town. They protect their own. That was my point in the post.

Sioux_Yeah_Yeah
04-26-2005, 03:36 PM
Sorry you feel that way yeah yeah but the truth is the truth. *That's not excusing what Ware did, if he's guilty then he'll be punished. *The fact remains that there's a different standard between Fargo and gf. *gf is a small town and a total und college town. *They protect their own. *That was my point in the post.

I find that very hard to agree with as they have printed stories about many things that have happened to UND athletes. Many that people have found unfair. Don't know any instances that you claim where a guy has done something illegal and the Herald has tried to hide it??
I don't agree with it (writing everything negative about athletes and not much positive) either and think that they need to do more for the athletes that do well off-the-field, but that's what news is. People want to see sensational stories in the paper. You guys should definitely write to the Forum though and push them to start an Academic athlete of the Week section for college. If you don't like the way the Forum or WDAY do their news, the best way to change them is to stop supporting them, so you may as well send out some mass emails to your friends and have them either write to the Forum and persuade them to start these new sections or else drop their subscriptions. JMO