PDA

View Full Version : Question about steroids

Sioux_Yeah_Yeah
05-18-2005, 06:05 PM
If someone uses steroids how long will it stay in their system for*? Why do rookies get tested 4 times a year in the NBA while veterans get tested less? Just a few questions I've been looking to get answered for quite some time.

Thanks

*Not counting using a Whizzenator ;D

Bisonguy
05-18-2005, 07:00 PM
Depends on what variety they're using- anywhere from 1 day to 18 months.

The veterans are probably more concerned about their "herbal" remedies than steroids.

Sioux_Yeah_Yeah
05-18-2005, 07:14 PM
So there are steroids that would be gone the next day? Would you have to continue using them every workout or not?

Bisonguy
05-18-2005, 07:36 PM
So there are steroids that would be gone the next day? *Would you have to continue using them every workout or not?

You're getting beyond my scope of steroids, which is pretty limited. They're typically used in a "cycle", which means the dosage is increased, and then decreased over a set period of time, typically six or eight weeks.

You're probably better off googling an "anabolic steroids FAQ". My only experience with them is a research paper over a decade ago, and a doctor's prescription while I was confined to a hospital bed.

Sioux_Yeah_Yeah
05-18-2005, 07:41 PM
My only experience with them is a research paper over a decade ago

Were you using a really heavy pencil to write with or what?

NDSU_grad
05-18-2005, 07:52 PM
That's good stuff. :D

Bisonguy
05-18-2005, 08:07 PM

LOL- The subject matter of the research paper was steroids. :P

Sioux_Yeah_Yeah
05-18-2005, 08:19 PM
LOL- The subject matter of the research paper was steroids. *:P

Haha I know I know. I could use some 'roids right now to keep my head up and my eyes open though! Ready to head home from the office.

Thanks for the info.

WYOBISONMAN
05-18-2005, 08:44 PM
Now I am pissed.........how come you get to go home from the office and I am stuck at work.... >:(

Sioux_Yeah_Yeah
05-18-2005, 08:57 PM
Now I am pissed.........how come you get to go home from the office and I am stuck at work.... >:(

That sucks, you are an hour behind too huh. Not envious of you.

JBB
05-18-2005, 09:02 PM
Hes still sitting pretty when we are all getting out of bed! 8)