PDA

View Full Version : Cable One

jjbluecw
05-25-2005, 04:13 PM
I know this is off subject but I am looking to get away from Cable One (they really piss me off). What is a better value out there dish network or direct tv? I want local channels and I really don't need the nfl ticket cause I usually end up going to the bar if I want to see my team play anways. Anyone out there have any advice?

Bison_Dan
05-25-2005, 04:16 PM
I know this is off subject but I am looking to get away from Cable One (they really piss me off). *What is a better value out there dish network or direct tv? *I want local channels and I really don't need the nfl ticket cause I usually end up going to the bar if I want to see my team play anways. *Anyone out there have any advice?

I was with Direct TV for 9 years and just switched over to DISH. I think there're both good, I'd go with the cheapest monthly billing. There're both offering some great deals now.

NDSU_grad
05-25-2005, 04:24 PM
From what I understand, Dish is cheaper but Directv has better programming (and better sports networks). I guess it's the old addage: you get what you pay for. ;)

Bisonguy
05-25-2005, 09:32 PM
If you want to watch some national I-AA coverage, I believe DirecTV is better. FOX sports networks, CSTV, ESPNU, and Altitude all have I-AA football, so whatever system can get you all those channels for cheaper is better. ;D

jjbluecw
05-25-2005, 10:30 PM
How is ESPNU and CSTV? With the dishnetwork I can add all foxsports regional channels and the comcast sports network channels for like $6 but I don't think that includes the U and CSTV. With everything else I am getting (high def, and dvr) direct tv isn't in the same ballpark as dishnetwork.

Tatanka
05-26-2005, 01:28 AM
Got DirecTV a while ago, never been happier. DirecTiVo is pretty cool as well. But it does cost a penny or two more than Dish Network.

kchats
05-26-2005, 02:52 AM
I have had DirecTV since 2002 and will never have cable again. I love DirecTV the picture is great and the service is great. Cable is a horrible monopoly that never has competition in any of the cities. There is always only one cable company. I like the channel packages on DirecTV better than what Dish offers. I would definitely recommend DirecTV.

Flintstone
05-26-2005, 01:28 PM
I have directv with the sports pack (this includes ESPNU and CSTV). *I think the sports pack is an additional $12 per month. *There are a lot of college baseball and softball games on those channels this time of year.

IowaBison
05-26-2005, 03:13 PM
I had dishnetwork when i was iowabison and loved it.

saved about 15 bucks a month versus whatever cable system i had before the switch.

i get free cable now so i'm not complaining, i will definitely go back to dishnetwork once i have to pay for cable.

jjbluecw
05-26-2005, 03:19 PM
I just realized the programming on dishnetwork also doesn't have nfl network. I've never had that channel either but i've heard it's pretty good?

Bison_Kent
05-26-2005, 03:59 PM
I have DirecTV with the local networks and the Sportspack. My father-in-law has DishNetwork and I would not trade with him. Although I belive DirceTV is a little more per month, I get many more sports channels and non-sports channels that the DishNetwork does not provide.

All the Fox Sports, Comcast, College Sports Network, and ESPNU are available.

I saw the UC Davis--NDSU game on Comcast Sacramento last fall. Altitude showed two or three Northern Colorado games, along with a couple Big Sky games.

Sioux_Yeah_Yeah
05-26-2005, 04:09 PM
I just realized the programming on dishnetwork also doesn't have nfl network. *I've never had that channel either but i've heard it's pretty good? *

We have the NFL network and I like it but I wouldn't base my decision on it. It gets a little repetitive. It's like having Mel Kiper and Jaws on shuffle 24/7. Which is good for some people. I would rather chew on styrofoam. ahhhhh, never mind I hate that stuff!

Big_BisonFan
05-26-2005, 05:06 PM
NFL Network had live coverage of the Combine. I watched Rob and the Running Backs. It was interesting. And will be better in the future when we have more and more players getting invited to the combine.

I reiterate what has said before, you get what you pay for. and if you want most every sports channel available, DirecTV is the way to go.