PDA

View Full Version : Toughest games this year...

ndsubison
06-03-2005, 07:42 PM
Southern Illinois, NW State, Montana State--in that order. The SIU game especially scares me. I'd like to know what some of you guys think about this one...

GO BISON!!!

WYOBISONMAN
06-03-2005, 08:03 PM
I would say Montana State would be on par with SIU as the toughest game of the year with NW State in third.

Bisonguy
06-03-2005, 08:08 PM
Hmmmmm.....

The team that was ranked #1 for the majority of last year, with the #3 ranked RB in I-AA for 2005.

Definitely a test for the Bison. I'm glad the game is at the end of the year, as hopefully the O line will playing as a unit by that time. If this game was early in the season, I'd be a little more worried.

I believe the outcome will depend on how the Bison play (not exactly very profound, is it?). By that I mean if NDSU executes nearly a flawless game, they can stay in it and possibly pull off the win. If they play like the UNC game last year, it could get ugly. :-/

mikelsch
06-03-2005, 08:11 PM
Toughest games in my opinion

1. at Southern Illinois * week 11
*- top 5 team, on the road
2. at Northwestern State * week 2
*- top 20 team, on the road, in the heat/humidity, early in the season
3. at Montana State * week 4
*- top 20 team, on the road
4. at Cal Poly * week 6 * *
*- top 20 team, on the road
5. UC Davis (Homecoming) * week 7 (after a bye week)
*- potentially a top 25 team
6. South Dakota State * week 10
*- Rivalry game, we haven't done so well against rivals lately
7. at Southern Utah * week 8 *
*- Beware of letdown after homecoming game, on the road
8. Northern Colorado (Harvest Bowl) * week 9
*- If UNC is not any better than last year, should win with talent and homecooking
9. Nicholls State * week 5 *
*- One dimensional teams (triple option) usually don't do well against the Bison, home game
10. Weber State * week 3
*- Lower caliber I-AA program, home game
11. Arkansas-Monticello * week 1
*- Lower level school, first game of the season at home

Bisonguy
06-03-2005, 08:26 PM
I'm more concerned about the game at Northwestern State. They're returing nearly their entire team, were taking NDSU to the woodshed in the first half last year, are ranked about the same in the preseason polls as SIU, and the game is much earlier in the year and the first real test for a Bison team that lost a lot of talent last year.

The heat shouldn't be much of a concern. The coaching staff had the team very well prepared for the game at Nicholls State last year.

Gamehunter
06-03-2005, 09:46 PM
Beyond a shadow of a doubt, my pick goes to Northwestern St. for reasons listed by Bisonguy
SIU comes in at a strong 2nd
However, I would put SDSU ahead of UCD...I really don't think UCD will be that great next year. Their OL was spotty at best last year, and now they lose their two best lineman. That is kinda scarry.

Notice, all of the tough teams we are playing are away games? That kinda sux.

JBB
06-04-2005, 02:43 AM
Im with Greenie, except the SIU game wont mean as much if we lose at Northwestern. *Also, I have SDSU as our #4 game and UNC 5. *Home games are lower, of course, because we win almost all of those.

The BISON have to establish victories over the old NCC foes.