PDA

View Full Version : Fargo Fear Factor

Bisonguy
05-26-2005, 10:08 PM
Looks like if you live in the FM area and like to eat bugs, you might get your chance on national TV:

'Fear Factor' coming to Fargo (http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=93155&section=valleyrr)

If you've ever wanted to hang from a crane or eat stink beetles, this could be your chance.

The NBC television show "Fear Factor" is coming to Fargo, one of 22 cities selected nationwide, for "Home Invasion," a new feature on the show.

Casting directors will search for what a press release calls "the single most energetic and fearless household in Fargo" to participate.

If a Fargo family is selected, a crew will come to its home and film an actual "Fear Factor" stunt.................

Sioux_Yeah_Yeah
05-27-2005, 05:19 PM
I heard that they are going to make Fargo contestants swallow the notion that UND is better then NDSU ;D

Flintstone
05-27-2005, 05:26 PM
I don't think they'll make them eat that much bullshit!

Sioux_Yeah_Yeah
06-03-2005, 03:47 PM
Ok, I just saw this in the Forum and it reminded me how stupid that show is on MTV! I hate that show and wonder why it is on tv? Why give these idiots props?

Fergus Falls MTV prank drawing fire
Associated Press, The Forum
Published Friday, June 03, 2005

FERGUS FALLS, Minn. - MTV's plan to re-enact a teen prank in Fergus Falls involving Christmas lawn ornaments in sexually suggestive positions isn't flying with city officials.

The cable channel had asked the city for help taping an episode for its series, "High School Stories." The episode is tentatively titled "Reindeer Games," based on a prank a group of teens carried out in December 2002.

"If there's anything we can do to stop it, I think we should," City Council member Jim Fish said. The council's finance and development committee unanimously approved a motion to deny MTV's request to block off parts of a street on June 11 and 12 for filming. Crews also wanted to film the police station and a squad car.

The victims of the prank say they are especially upset about MTV's plans. Instead of pressing charges at the time, the victims agreed to an out-of-court resolution through a mediation organization.

The teens agreed to work community service, pay restitution and never again discuss the incident, said Molly Danielson, whose lawn ornaments were targets of the prank.

"This was never, ever supposed to be brought up again," she said. "I want to do everything in my power to prevent (MTV) from coming here."

One of the teens involved, Anthony Oslund, has said he wrote a letter to MTV offering a re-enactment of the prank for the show. MTV on Thursday declined to comment on the issue.

City Administrator Mark Sievert says helping MTV with their project would send a bad message. "It doesn't make us look good if we're trying to enforce the law, then we turn around and we're actively participating in bringing this up again," he said.

tony
06-03-2005, 04:03 PM
Heck, forget the re-enactment - how about a documentary in which MTV interviews all the folks traumatized by the incident and describes all the lives destroyed by the incident. It might be a good learning tool for other kids thinking of engaging in the same kind of criminal behavior. Maybe an after school special is in order.

What is the statute of limitations on re-arranging lawn ornaments for immoral purposes anyway?

Sioux_Yeah_Yeah
06-03-2005, 04:16 PM
Tony, I sense sarcasm, but I really do think that the show is terrible. I've watched a couple of episodes and it is just so stupid to give kids props for going against authorities. Not that lives are ruined but just the trouble that a lot of these pranks cause those in charge.

Plus MTV is always talking out both sides of its collective mouth. "Do the right thing"...."Do your own thing"...."Help your county"...."Be an idiot and we'll put you on TV"

tony
06-03-2005, 04:23 PM
I've never seen the show but they definitely shouldn't be doing anything to glorify breaking the law... however, it is possible to pull pranks without breaking the law. Maybe they should stick to incidents where nobody was convicted.

bisononce
06-06-2005, 07:31 PM
Sioux-Yeah-Yeah: You have summed up with a dead-on, targeted observation; "Be an idiot and we'll put you on tv." :D

tony
06-10-2005, 11:40 AM
I see that MTV didn't have any luck staging their reindeer orgy at Clara Barton (an elementary school grounds!!!) in Fargo - maybe they should skip the high schoolers and do college ones (http://www.museumofhoaxes.com/newsletter/nov2002.html). Heck, they could re-create the famous "Mr. Yellow and Mr. Green"-Nickel stealing prank.

I think the "Be an idiot and we'll put you on TV" has reached epidemic proportions (Jerry Springer, Fear Factor, and all the reality shows). The people to blame are not HS kids pulling pranks or MTV for recreating them - it's the people who watch the shows that are the problem:)

Besides, a good prank is a thing of beauty. The best drip with irony and can be very subversive.