PDA

View Full Version : ESPN 50 in 50...

Sioux_Yeah_Yeah
07-25-2005, 07:03 PM
What did you guys think?

I thought it wasn't very good. I don't like the whole Maris argument, which pretty much made up the whole segment.

Then when they said that Phil Jackson had played at North Dakota State, that pretty much settled it for me. They show him clearly wearing a North Dakota jersey in two pics and still screw that up. How they do their research is beyond me. I bet the Scwab would know better. I was hoping they would do more on UND and NDSU but there was very little.

All in all I didn't really like it, but it was good to see ND on Sportscenter, that's for sure.

mikelsch
07-25-2005, 07:42 PM
About as accurate as that ridiculous ESPN poll that UND stuffed with ballots.

BisonMav
07-25-2005, 08:50 PM
About as accurate as that ridiculous ESPN poll that UND stuffed with ballots. *

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Gamehunter
07-25-2005, 09:17 PM
Yeh, you know something is fishy when NORTH DAKOTA recieves THIRTY THOUSAND more votes than CALIFORNIA. :-/

Must be a ton of undII* fans with alot of time on their hands. ;D

Sioux_Yeah_Yeah
07-25-2005, 09:29 PM
Yeh, you know something is fishy when NORTH DAKOTA recieves THIRTY THOUSAND more votes than CALIFORNIA. * :-/

Must be a ton of undII* fans with alot of time on their hands. * ;D

That's funny cause that's what everyone on Siouxsports was saying when NDSU had filled out a bunch of ballots. I guess we just got in touch with more people.

Look at Iowa too, they have way more votes then anyone. Message boards do wonders. Or maybe there are just more people who care about Sioux athletics ;D

Gamehunter
07-25-2005, 11:43 PM
Iowa, that is crazy how many votes were submitted. Oh yeah, I would agree. Im sure plenty of Bison fans did the same thing. I think I filled it out 3 or 4 times just because I wanted to see how many votes had been cast. But seeing how the polls turned out, it looks like more Sioux grads had time to fill out their ballots 100's of times while trying to get their resume submitted on the Wal-Mart* site.

Sioux_Yeah_Yeah
07-26-2005, 03:20 PM
But seeing how the polls turned out, it looks like more Sioux grads had time to fill out their ballots 100's of times while trying to get their resume submitted on the Wal-Mart* site.

Meanwhile Bison grads were busy looking up the word "resume" in the dictionary.
I can hear it now: "Mom, is it RE-zoom or rez-U-may" ;D

WYOBISONMAN
07-26-2005, 05:01 PM
I hate those silly polls.....what a waste.....then on top of it ESPN knows so little about North Dakota that they can't get anything right!!

Sioux_Yeah_Yeah
07-26-2005, 06:29 PM
I hate those silly polls.....what a waste.....then on top of it ESPN knows so little about North Dakota that they can't get anything right!!

Yeah, they may as well just had Stuart Scott interview John Hoeven.

Stu: *Yo, what up dog? *How you roll in ND?
Hoeven: Huh?
Stu: *Hand pounds and fist bumps bro!
Stu: That's it from ND, check it!

Camera turns off

Hoeven: Stuart, were you looking at me or the buffalo?
Stu: That's just my eye, dog.

wfduck
07-26-2005, 10:18 PM
Personally I thought it was neat how they interviewed the MN coach/players from the tourney. How dumb is that?

And you've Rick Helling on the poll and not Dale Brown? nice

trams86
07-26-2005, 11:26 PM
anyone know when they are coming to minn? and where are they going?

Gamehunter
07-27-2005, 12:27 AM
Yeh, I completely missed the 50/50 on ND the other day. Guess I didn't miss much.

Tatanka
07-27-2005, 12:55 AM
Yeah, they may as well just had Stuart Scott interview John Hoeven.

Stu: *Yo, what up dog? *How you roll in ND?
Stu: *Hand pounds and fist bumps bro!
Stu: That's it from ND, check it!

Camera turns off

Hoeven: Stuart, were you looking at me or the buffalo?
Stu: That's just my eye, dog.

;D LOL! Well done!

BisonMav
07-27-2005, 03:43 AM
Meanwhile Bison grads were busy looking up the word "resume" in the dictionary. *
I can hear it now: * "Mom, is it RE-zoom or rez-U-may" ;D

Some of us don't have to prove ourselves by how many times we vote on a meaningless poll, another symptom of Red Pepper Disease.

Hammerhead
07-27-2005, 05:45 AM
I don't see a date posted for Minn or S.D. on the ESPN Web site. You can keep updated at:

http://sports.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation/fiftyfifty/index

anyone know when they are coming to minn? and where are they going?

SiouxFallsJack
07-27-2005, 05:57 AM
Minnesota is 8/21 at the St.Paul inline rollerblade marathon

SD is 8/10 at the Sturgis rally

sambini
07-27-2005, 11:13 PM
Sturgis will be a blast. Bring your beads.