PDA

View Full Version : Favorite thing about ND...

Sioux_Yeah_Yeah
07-28-2005, 06:43 PM
The ESPN 50 in 50 got me thinking about what my favorite thing is about ND. The people are really nice and helpful, but they are nice in a lot of places. The weather sucks for much of the year. The land on the East side of the state is about as cool as the inside of my thighs after running two miles and there isn't all that much stuff to do.

One of the things I like best is that it is so relaxed. If you want to do something you need only leave 5 minutes before hand to get there on time. If you want to leave for a weekend and leave your front door wide open and your stove on, someone may come in your house, but most likely they will turn your stove off for you and leave. If you get lost you can pull over and ask the guy thats mowing his lawn and he may just lead you all the way there on his lawn mower. It just seems like everything is so easy in ND.

Now don't get me wrong, I mean if there were more people living in the state and more opportunities I'ld be as excited as a nun in a cucumber patch, but I just like it the way it is.

Yet my favorite thing in ND remains The World's Largest Cow in New Salem. Man I love that thing! ;D

Sioux_Yeah_Yeah
07-28-2005, 06:46 PM
Did I really just write that?

What I meant to say was Sioux Athletics are my favorite thing in ND!

BismarckBison
07-28-2005, 07:22 PM
10. Able to jaywalk without risking your life.
9. Women who can cook.
8. Fan crazy Class B sports.
7. Instinctively able to drive on icy roads.
6. D-1AA Football
5. Hunting outside your backdoor.
4. Many close fishing holes.
3. Potlucks filled with food from Women who can cook.
2. Neighbors you can talk with.
#1. Did I mention BISON FOOTBALL!

sambini
07-29-2005, 01:30 AM
Favorite thing is DIVISION 1 ATHLETICS at NDSU.

BisonMav
07-29-2005, 03:06 AM
God, Family and Bison Football!

Paulie
07-29-2005, 03:12 PM
Old Dutch chips. We can't get those down here in CO. :'(

BisonCardinal
07-30-2005, 12:34 AM
Considering I will be moving from Georgia back to North Dakota in June 2006, these are the things I am looking forward to/and/or remember:

10) Sonic booms coming the Minot Air Force Base
9) Licorice schnapps and snowmobiling
8) Good looking women of Scandinavian descent
7) State Fair
6) North Unit of TR National Park
5) Juneberry sauce
4) Lefse and macaroni hotdish
3) A good school-type blizzard while at home in your cozy house
2) BISON FOOTBALL
1) Family

Sorry, I really do like my family more than Bison Football, it's close, but I really do.

What is it with that damn smiley on number 8? Tried to get rid of it, but time for bed.

Bisonguy
07-30-2005, 02:02 AM
What is it with that damn smiley on number 8? *Tried to get rid of it, but time for bed.

Put a space between the '8' and the ')' used in your post.

Those two characters represent the sunglasses dude smilie, just like the ':' and the ')' when put together look like this- :)

BisonCardinal
07-31-2005, 12:43 AM
Appreciate it, Bisonguy. Kind of figured it was some kind of smiley code as the 8) is also the eighth one in the line of smileys on posting board. Just couldn't figure out how to get rid of it, too tired. Thanks

Hammerhead
08-01-2005, 02:38 AM
I miss thunderstorms - we get one wimpy one every couple of years in the Portland area.

As far as food goes, I miss The Taco Shop and Mexican Village hot sauce. All we have out here is chunky salsa, not the thin stuff you could suck through a straw like back home.

I also miss my family still in F-M and my Bison football season tickets. I even wore hiking boots green and gold to the games to go with my NDSU shirts and "100 years of NDSU Football" cap.

WYOBISONMAN
08-01-2005, 03:39 PM
Pheasants, ducks and geese..............

sambini
08-09-2005, 04:36 AM
Ten favorite North Dakota places. 10 EDGEWOOD GOLF COURSE9.OXBOW COUNTRY CLUB 8.FARGO COUNTRY CLUB7.MINOT COUNTRY CLUB6.BULLY PULPIT5.RED MIKE 4.HAWKTREE 3.BISMARCK CIVIC CENTER 2.FARGODOME 1.BISON SPORTS ARENA HOME OF DI ATHLETICS AND NDSU TEAMMAKERS.