PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite part about Bison Gameday...

DIGRAPPLER
08-18-2005, 04:26 PM
Ok, what is your favorite part about Bison Gameday

My favorites:

- Arriving at the dome and seeing the flags waving, the green and gold fans, the custom tailgating rigs, the music, the smell of grills.

- The hair on the back of my neck standing up when the lights go off and the team introduction starts on the video screens. I can't wait to see what they do this year.

- The fireworks after touchdowns

I AM GETTING PUMPED. :o :o :o :o :o ;D

Big_BisonFan
08-18-2005, 04:39 PM
- Waking up early and knowing that it is a Saturday in the Fall and I get to watch the Bison.

- Friends, Family and the occasional passerby drinking from a box of wine.

- The herd coming out of the tunnel during the pregame ceremony.

- And everything said by DIGRAPPLER, I love the whole day.

DIGRAPPLER
08-18-2005, 04:44 PM
I forgot to mention:

The best value in the state!!

I love the fact that our ticket prices are lower than the school 70 miles north! No kidding, check out their website.

SDbison
08-18-2005, 06:40 PM
Thanks for the gameday thoughts DIGRAPPLER!
I am sitting in my office over lunch stressing out over a design review that was just bumped up to tomorrow when I read your post. I can almost smell the brats, taste the beer, visualize the sights and feel the excitement of another Bison victory! Hanging out with all the fans in the tailgate area in preparation for a football game. It just doesn't get much better than that. Now I have to get back to reality and get the job done. Only two more weeks until the season opener.

Steph_Popowski
08-18-2005, 07:22 PM
:) There is too many things to LOVE about Game Day...or the whole season!! I feel there are a few moments that top the day... 1) When the lights go off and the music starts and at moment you CAN feel the rush of the herd!! 2) When the Bison do take the dome over when they run into the dome through the helmet! 3) Being with family, friends and fans that are there for one reason to cheer on the mighty BISON!!! :) And another thing would be to see my little brother help kick some ass on the dome turf!!! :) ;) :)
Can't wait for kick off...it is something that is in the blood that you have to feel!! Us Bison fans are crazied in a good way...we love our team and can't got enough of Bison football!!

WYOBISONMAN
08-18-2005, 08:36 PM
Since my game days tend to be "away" I would have to say that I enjoy the alumni tailgates the most. It is great to hear firsthand what is happening back at NDSU. The Alumni Association has done a fantastic job with these events! Hats off to Kari Gustafson who does so much leg work on these.

UND_Herd
08-18-2005, 10:41 PM
3. When the Herd takes the field for the first game of the season - the moment that everyone in North Dakota waits for through Spring and Summer.

2. The first touchdown of the season.

1. Beating Bunnies.

Hope and pray I get to see a game this year. This will be an awesome season to follow!

87Bisonfan
08-18-2005, 10:53 PM
Since I am only able to make it to Fargo for a couple of games a year, I always try to be by a radio at game time to listen to the games. Always looking forward to a few "My Oh My" from Scott Miller.

I only wish the Bismarck station carried the whole post game show. Only get about 5 or 10 minutes of the post game before they switch to regular programing.

This year's opening game on Sept. 1 is the same time as our fantasy football draft. I'll be having the radio tuned in -- much to the displeasure of our und2 participants in the league!