PDA

View Full Version : NDSU poster

Gamehunter
08-24-2005, 04:09 PM
WHERE ELSE ON EARCH WOULD YOU RATHER BE...ON GAME DAY?

In the forum this morning was a nice poster with all of the sporting events through March 06'. Im not sure if it is online anywhere, but I could probably get a picture of it with my digital if anyone is interrested that doesn't get the forum. It looks really sweet.

And it sounds like the Forum Kickoff '05 College Edition should be out real soon too :D

Tatanka
08-25-2005, 01:59 AM
Very well done by the marketing folks!!!

MinotBison
08-26-2005, 04:18 PM
Got that same poster in the Minot Daily News this morning. Looks very, very nice.

BisBison
08-26-2005, 10:58 PM
And in today's Bismarck Trombone. I can't believe they didn't screw it up like they usually do. ;D

Gamehunter
08-26-2005, 11:37 PM
Wow, that is impressive they distributed it to Minot and Bismark. Wonder if GF residents have recieved their copy of the Bison poster yet?

MinotBison
08-27-2005, 12:03 AM
Wow, that is impressive they distributed it to Minot and Bismark. *Wonder if GF residents have recieved their copy of the Bison poster yet?

It would be great if they did have it in the Herald.

The cost of a GF Herald, is what, 50 cents (or is it 75?) ???

Seeing the look on the faces of Kupchella, Glas et. al. when they open up the morning paper and that Bison poster falls out? Priceless. ;D ;D ;D

Gamehunter
08-27-2005, 03:03 AM
no seriously, why wouldnt they? If they are distributing it to minot and bismark, why not GF? Reasonably sized market fairly close to the Bison home turf. ;)

roadwarrior
08-27-2005, 03:14 AM
Dont we have a Bisonville member living in GF?

Bisonguy
08-27-2005, 03:45 AM
Dont we have a Bisonville member living in GF?

I thought he moved recently, and changed his username to reflect it. ??? Kinda like the Iowa clan. ;)

RxBison
08-27-2005, 04:11 AM
My parents get the GF Herald, and it was in today's paper.

TheBisonator
08-27-2005, 04:17 AM
My parents get the GF Herald, and it was in today's paper.

ALLLLLLL RIIIIIGGHHHTTT!!!!! :) ;) :D ;D :o

MinotBison
08-27-2005, 04:40 AM
Yahoooooo!!!!!!!! go Bison!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D

Way to go, marketing dept.

GFBisonFan
08-27-2005, 06:15 PM
I thought he moved recently, and changed his username to reflect it. ??? Kinda like the Iowa clan. *;)
that would be me-glad to be gone (formerly GFBisonFan)

SDbison
08-27-2005, 08:07 PM
WHERE ELSE ON EARCH WOULD YOU RATHER BE...ON GAME DAY?

In the forum this morning was a nice poster with all of the sporting events through March 06'. *Im not sure if it is online anywhere, but I could probably get a picture of it with my digital if anyone is interrested that doesn't get the forum. *It looks really sweet.

And it sounds like the Forum Kickoff '05 College Edition should be out real soon too *:D
X-factor, any chance you could get a photo of the poster and put it here? Unless someone else knows how to get one (handout at first game) or shown on one of the other NDSU associated websites?

Bisonfan1
08-27-2005, 08:37 PM
Add the Jamestown Sun to the list also to include the poster this week, also a Super Saturdays billboard was up in Jamestown for some time also on I-94 at the Buffallo Mall exit.

roadwarrior
08-27-2005, 10:33 PM
That would leave Dickinson, Devils Lake and Williston to pretty much cover the state of ND!

sambini
08-28-2005, 05:11 AM
Troy G AND HIS STAFF WENT STATE WIDE WITH THIS GREAT JOB GOHERD.

dakotadan
08-28-2005, 08:06 AM
Troy G AND HIS STAFF WENT STATE WIDE WITH THIS GREAT JOB GOHERD.

Could you please quit yelling? My ears are ringing :D

gwendel
08-29-2005, 04:14 AM
Here you go SDBison and others who are wondering what this poster looks like.
I'm sorry the resolution isn't good enough to read most of the text. It's just a digital photograph and it's hard to avoid the glare off the high quality glossy paper used. I wanted to scan it in segment by segment so it would be readable, but wouldn't you know it--I came to turn my scanner on and it's dead in the water. Worked good a couple of weeks ago. Anyway, these pics will give you some idea of what the poster looks like. Follow the link for somewhat larger viewing options.
(Hope I don't get in copyright trouble with the good folks at NDSU over this.)

http://north-image.com/bison_poster/index.htm

http://north-image.com/bison_poster/back_sm.jpg

http://north-image.com/bison_poster/sm_front.jpg

SDbison
08-29-2005, 04:38 AM
Thanks NWNDBison....looks awesome. Wish I could get one of those posters.

Bisonguy
08-29-2005, 05:15 AM
Here you go SDBison and others who are wondering what this poster looks like.
I'm sorry the resolution isn't good enough to read most of the text. It's just a digital photograph and it's hard to avoid the glare off the high quality glossy paper used. I wanted to scan it in segment by segment so it would be readable, but wouldn't you know it--I came to turn my scanner on and it's dead in the water. Worked good a couple of weeks ago.(Hope I don't get in copyright trouble with the good folks at NDSU over this.)

Copyright shouldn't be an issue-from what I know, you're ok in your use. If you tried to profit or take credit for the work, you might be in some hot water. If not, I'm screwed, as well. :-/

Anyhow, I snapped a couple photos of the poster, as my camera has good low light performance and decent resolution.

Try this link- 2005 Bison Poster (http://homepage.mac.com/d.hoff/PhotoAlbum4.html)

*Warning*- The full version of these pictures are pretty big (~2.2 MB, 2323 x 2884), so dialuppers beware(although the thumbnails and previews aren't bad). Also, you need to click the thumbnail, and then the click preview picture to get to the full-res version. If you can view the entire full-res picture on your monitor without having any sort of scrollbar, you must immediately send the monitor to me, postage prepaid, no questions asked. ;D

DIGRAPPLER
08-29-2005, 06:55 PM
I was just at the BSA and they had a stack of those posters at the ticket window. They told me they would have some at the Team Makers on Thursday at noon at the Holiday Inn and if there were any left, they would have some at the game.