PDA

View Full Version : Question about upper mid-west sports/Dish Network

pwbnd
08-31-2005, 06:05 PM
This post isn’t specific to Bison athletics, but more to upper mid-west sports in general. I wasn’t sure what topic to put this under. If this isn’t right, feel free to move it.

I live out of state and am going through terrible withdrawal not being able to see the Twins play. (I can only watch so many Mariners games)

Does anybody here subscribe to Dish Network and have the Fox Sports Net package add-on?

I’m wondering if I subscribed to the Fox Sports Net package, would I be able to watch all the Twins games that are broadcast on Fox Sports North? There aren't any crazy blackout situations that they don't tell you about are there? Also, and more importantly, I think I would be able to catch any and all Bison games (football/basketball/whatever) that may be broadcast on some of the Fox Sports Net channels in the next few years.

Anybody have an opinion/experience?

Or…if anybody knows of a better way for us out-of-stater’s to get our upper mid-west sports fix…let us know!!

BraxtonT
08-31-2005, 06:35 PM
pwbnd,

Whether you get Dish Network or DirecTV, you will need to subscribe to the MLB Extra Innings package. It costs me $140 for the whole season on DirecTV, but my father's plan on Dish Network cost him $150 AND he doesn't get the Yankees' games that are televised on YES. That is the only difference between the two satellite carriers that I know of.

Subscribing only to the Regional Sports Networks will not allow you to watch the Twins. They will black out FSN while the Twins game is being broadcast.

Hope this helps you out.

kchats
08-31-2005, 06:39 PM
I have Sports Pack on DirecTV and I get s few regional games but not all the ones I want to see. Last year I was able to watch the Bison vs. Northern Colorado on Altitude and Fox Sports North (both channels had the game). I live in southwest Missouri so I get Fox Sports Midwest which is largely St. Louis but they have the Royals and sometimes the Twins as well. Your best bet to watch all the Twins games you want is DirecTV with MLB Extra Innings with it you can watch any baseball game you want with blackouts similar to NFL Sunday Ticket.

RedRiver
08-31-2005, 07:02 PM
I have DirecTV basic and watch all of the Twins games on channel 641 FSN. I don't pay for any extra or sports package. I suppose we get FSN as our channel for Fargo, which is nice because it is in the basic package.

pwbnd
08-31-2005, 10:39 PM
They will black out FSN while the Twins game is being broadcast.

See, that's the kind of stuff they don't advertise in their little brochures.

Thanks, that just saved me the hassle of ordering and then canceling that add-on.

Looks like I'll have to cough up the $150 for Extra Innings....next season.

Thanks again.