PDA

View Full Version : Article

02Bison
09-02-2005, 04:46 PM
http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=101869&section=Columnists&columnist=M ikeMcFeelyThe%20Forum

I can't help but admire the strength and courage of Arkansas Monticello's coach after reading this article. *While many want to bash the level of play of a DII team, all I can say is I respect what those guys did last night given the circumstances so many of them were in due to the Katrina catastrophe. *To the Southwest region and Arkansas Monticello, my thoughts and prayers are with you. *

tony
09-02-2005, 06:04 PM
I can't even imagine being out of contact from my family for four hours, much less four days, after something like this. It seems inconceivable that this could happen with all the modern technology at our disposal.

Anyway, I do like the Bool Weevil's coach. I hope their program has lots of future success, not because I feel sorry for him or his players, but because I respect what the coach is trying to do.

Tatanka
09-03-2005, 01:19 AM
++

Other than his "we're going to smack [NDSU] in the mouth" comment, he has been a class act. And anyone who will eliminate 19 players for academic reasons obviously has some integrity.

sambini
09-03-2005, 02:29 AM
Our thoughts and prayers shoul go out to the coach and his family.

BisonCountry
09-03-2005, 07:31 AM
I don't care much for a majority of McFeeley's articles, but you have to hand it to him for writing an excellent piece. It is hard to imagine the coach and players to play with all of this going on in their personal life. I hope everything turns out okay for all their family members.

Also, I sit on the visitors sidelines and was impressed with the way the whole team (players & coaches) conducted themselves. I admired the way they kept fighting even when the score was 52-0. I never heard a negative comment or an eagerness to give up.

tony
09-03-2005, 10:08 AM
++

Other than his "we're going to smack [NDSU] in the mouth" comment, he has been a class act.

I think that "smack in the mouth" thing was just about how they were going to play, rather than a literal thing. I think he meant that "we're just going to go out there and go toe to toe with NDSU."

Bisonguy
09-03-2005, 02:13 PM
I don't care much for a majority of McFeeley's articles, but you have to hand it to him for writing an excellent piece. *It is hard to imagine the coach and players to play with all of this going on in their personal life. *I hope everything turns out okay for all their family members.

Also, I sit on the visitors sidelines and was impressed with the way the whole team (players & coaches) conducted themselves. *I admired the way they kept fighting even when the score was 52-0. *I never *heard a negative comment or an eagerness to give up.

Very true. The players had a lot of class, which usually is a reflection of the coaching staff. I wish the Boll Weevils the best for the rest of the season and in future seasons. The coaching staff is doing a very admirable thing the way they're rebuilding the program.