PDA

View Full Version : $60 MILLION already raised in fundrasing campaign

TheBisonator
10-20-2005, 06:05 AM
Although I'm upset that they said the BSA renovation would be the $8 million one.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

NDSU campaigns for capital: $75 million goal largest in school history; $60 million already secured
By Amy Dalrymple, The Forum
Published Thursday, October 20, 2005

A $75 million fundraising campaign at North Dakota State University has picked up a lot of momentum.

University officials publicly announced NDSU’s largest capital campaign Wednesday with more than $60 million in cash and pledges already secured.

The campaign, titled Momentum, seeks to raise money for scholarships, facilities, teaching endowments and more.

“For North Dakota, this is a big campaign,” said NDSU President Joseph Chapman said. “This is a very significant amount of money.”

The campaign has been in a silent phase for three years.

Chapman said he and members of the NDSU Development Foundation hoped to have $35 million to $40 million at this time, but the campaign has been exceeding expectations.

The goal for NDSU’s last capital campaign was $20 million.

More at: http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=106237&section=News

Bisonguy
10-20-2005, 06:15 AM
Awesome job on fundraising.

I believe they've stated that if more than $8MM is raised for the BSA, more can be put into it.

mikelsch
10-20-2005, 04:17 PM
$8 million of the $75 million is for the BSA. However, the overall goal of the BSA is $16 million. This is similar to other projects (e.g. business building) that are trying to raise more than what is allotted in the overall capital campaign.

tony
10-20-2005, 04:46 PM
I think this deal is a lot bigger than getting a remodeling for the BSA.

They've raised a pretty big chunk of change and it's happened pretty quietly... I guess people have been talking softly and writing some big checks :)

Anyway, it's pretty impressive.

roadwarrior
10-20-2005, 07:10 PM
The $8 million dollar figure for the BSA is what was outlined when this campaign started a couple of years ago. I wouldnt read into it, that the 8M is what the final project will be.

markerman
10-20-2005, 07:37 PM
Originally, it was going to be a $100 million campaign, but they (Development Foundation) thought it was too ambitious. *Maybe since they are ahead of schedule, the original goal will be reached. *That would be OUTSTANDING!

roadwarrior
10-20-2005, 08:41 PM
$60M to this point is quite an accomplishment, especially if only 8 gifts were for over $1M. I think there made have been a couple in the $3M range, but I dont think there have been any really big ones. This shows the wide support of the campaign.

scottheck
10-21-2005, 07:03 PM
In the last year, there are 4 new members to the 1862 Club - $1M+. *$15M raised this year alone, a new record for the Foundation. *The endowment fund just crested $100M.

Next to the Equine center, only 15% of that target has been reached, the BSA project is the fartherest away from goal at $3M of the $8M needed has been raised.

$8M is still waiting to be designated or has been designated for other projects not on the official list.

sambini
10-21-2005, 08:35 PM
GREAT JOB....

roadwarrior
10-26-2005, 12:55 AM
You can find out about the Momentum fund drive here:

http://www.ndsufoundation.com/campaign/main.htm

Floor plans of the BSA are there also!

sambini
10-26-2005, 01:54 AM
THANKS Road for the link.

BisBison
10-26-2005, 02:47 AM
$60M to this point is quite an accomplishment, especially if only 8 gifts were for over $1M. *I think there made have been a couple in the $3M range, but I dont think there have been any really big ones. *This shows the wide support of the campaign.
I don't know road, I think $3M IS really big ;) but seriously I am surprised that the BSA renovation is as far away as the graphic shows. :-/ Not to take anything away from the other projects but the BSA badly needs this renovation.

sambini
10-26-2005, 02:54 AM
They will get it done.