View Full Version : Want an xBOX?

Tatanka
12-08-2005, 02:27 AM
Found on eBay. Read the fine print very, very carefully before bidding! :D
http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/9453/tistheseasontobepwnedlalalalal.jpg
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8236595474

Bisonguy
12-08-2005, 02:41 AM
This happened with the original xBOX when they were first released, as well.

eBay is bad enough with scams for in-demand items- guess this is just a reading comprehension test.

WYOBISONMAN
12-08-2005, 04:06 AM
Yes........Ebay is a bit of a snake pit........ :-/

BisonMav
12-08-2005, 12:27 PM
Yes........Ebay is a bit of a snake pit........ :-/

There are just as many scam's percentage wise in real life as on ebay. I have over 10,000 transactions on ebay and have only been stiffed on a purchase once. It's just like anywhere else, Caveat emptor. I have seen and been a part of several people being kicked off of ebay, for fradulant and unethical activities. Check out the sellers feedback and remember, if it's too good to be true, it probably is.

Gamehunter
12-08-2005, 03:52 PM
They said countless times that you are only bidding on a Box, and not the acual system. If people are not willing to read the auction to find out what they are actually buying, then they deserve to be hit on the head a few times.

Also interresting to note that the seller of this "box" is no longer a registered user on ebay.

BisonBacker
12-08-2005, 04:34 PM
I saw that too and did a search for that price range on ebay and never found that listing. I think someone was having some fun with paintshop or some similar program and doctored a completed listing. Either that or ebay pulled the ad which I doubt, if it had been real it was clearly stated it was for a box only and not even an original xbox empty box. Either way it was comical to read but I really don't think it happened.

BisonMav
12-08-2005, 06:41 PM
Go to ebay and search on this number 8236595474

Tatanka
12-09-2005, 01:27 AM
I saw that too and did a search for that price range on ebay and never found that listing. * I think someone was having some fun with paintshop or some similar program and doctored a completed listing. *Either that or ebay pulled the ad which I doubt, if it had been real it was clearly stated it was for a box only and not even an original xbox empty box. *Either way it was comical to read but I really don't think it happened.
The link to the auction is right below the picture.

Bisonguy
12-09-2005, 01:40 AM
ROFLMAO- I didn't even catch this part of it the first time I looked at it (although I was looking at it very quickly, as I did see a few of these types of auctions for the Xbox release)-

This is not even a factory made xbox 360 box. I made it myself, just a few minutes ago. It does not contain an Xbox 360 console, just the Xbox 360 home-made box. this box is great hand made by me says XBOX right on it It doesn't look anything like the picture I included in the auction. It looks much better, in my opinion.

It's a friggin' cardboard box that he wrote 'Xbox 360' on with a Sharpie!! * :o ;D

BisonBacker
12-09-2005, 02:51 PM
I see they pulled the sellers privilidges. Can't say he wasn't up front about this. I mean really how much more obvious can you be about it. Goes to show you can sell anything to a undii grad ;)

Till
12-09-2005, 05:17 PM
What adds on top of it all is if you look at the feedback the buyer has left for his previous auctions he had already wasted another $510 buying another 'XBox'.

Gully
12-09-2005, 05:34 PM
What adds on top of it all is if you look at the feedback the buyer has left for his previous auctions he had already wasted another $510 buying another 'XBox'.

It just proves my theory that stupid people shouldn't breed.