PDA

View Full Version : Mike McFeeley, Heisman Voter

somebison
11-23-2005, 07:45 PM
Bill Plaschke:
He Has Them Buzzing
Bush's electrifying performance dazzles even those Heisman voters who weren't watching the game

The race is over. It ended immediately after Reggie Bush stopped running.

Shortly after 11:15 p.m. Saturday night, Bush put down the football and picked up the Heisman.

It's done. He has won. His 513 all-purpose yards for USC against Fresno State clinched it, no matter what happens in the next two weeks in College Station or Houston or even at the Coliseum.

It's all about Fargo.

In that North Dakota town lives Mike McFeely, a respected sports columnist who is also a Heisman Trophy voter. I phoned him Tuesday and asked for his pick.

"Reggie Bush," McFeely said. "He is the premier player in the country, and Saturday's game solidified it."

He paused.

"Even though I never saw one second of it."

What? He is going to vote for Bush to win arguably the most prestigious individual award in U.S. sports, yet his deciding factor was a game he never saw?

"I haven't seen Reggie Bush play at all this year," he said. "I haven't seen Vince Young either. I haven't seen any Division I-A games, either on television or in person."

It turns out, McFeely writes about Division I-AA North Dakota State, so his Saturdays are consumed with the Bison, allowing him little time to be buffaloed by the big guys. For the last five years, his Heisman opinion has been formed by Internet reports and video clips.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-plaschke23nov23,1,2661685.column?coll=la-utilities-sports

Till
11-23-2005, 07:57 PM
Sweet Jesus...

::)

Da_Bizon
11-23-2005, 08:20 PM
Great, now everyone in the country has been exposed to our viliage idiot. *There goes any respect we haven't already lost from the movie Fargo.

BisonBacker
11-23-2005, 08:26 PM
Great, now everyone in the country has been exposed to our viliage idiot. *There goes any respect we haven't already lost from the movie Fargo.
I love this comment. Hey it's the truth. What's even more idiotic is that they even let him vote. He's exposed himself for what he really is. The village idiot!
Great Comment Da Bizon ;D

GFBisonFan
11-23-2005, 08:27 PM
Sad-when they needed someone to prove a point about not seeing the actual participants, they pick North Dakota.

Even sadder-they found someone right off the bat

Saddest-they called him respected

WYOBISONMAN
11-23-2005, 08:47 PM
Sweet Jesus...

::)

+++

Bisonguy
11-23-2005, 09:31 PM
Yeah, I'm sure McFeely not watching a single game is any worse than many of the pollsters in the coaches and media polls that just vote after looking at the records of the teams (ala Coastal Carolina being a top 15 team).

mikelsch
11-23-2005, 09:33 PM
At least he picked the best player (Bush), but he should give his vote to someone else who actually watches the games.

BisonBacker
11-23-2005, 09:42 PM
At least he picked the best player (Bush), but he should give his vote to someone else who actually watches the games.
Why would he do that? Then he couldn't feed his ego!

TransAmBison
11-23-2005, 09:48 PM
Great, now everyone in the country has been exposed to our viliage idiot.
Somehow I know I'm going to wake up in the middle of the night, think of that quote and start laughing. One on the best lines on this board in my opinion.

BISON_PRIDE
11-23-2005, 10:00 PM
I like Kolpack's take on it.

http://www.areavoices.com/bisonmedia/index.cfm

insane_ponderer
11-23-2005, 10:59 PM
theres just something dislikable about this guy....i cant quite put my finger on it ;)

Tatanka
11-24-2005, 02:31 AM
Sad-when they needed someone to prove a point about not seeing the actual participants, they pick North Dakota.

Even sadder-they found someone right off the bat

Saddest-they called him respected
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++

sambini
11-27-2005, 05:25 AM
He was talking about it this morning on his radio show onWDAY. He made it sound lie it was a joke he had a vote.Which it is.

sambini
12-08-2005, 03:09 AM
Reggie Bush is my choice.

bisonmike
12-08-2005, 05:14 AM
Reggie Bush is my choice.

I like "bush" as well. ;D

BisonMav
12-08-2005, 12:32 PM
Reggie had a great supporting cast, and I like him, but I would vote for Vince Young. The Texas vs USC game should be great.

Flintstone
12-08-2005, 01:55 PM
Vince Young isn't even the best Quarterback in the country. He's a great athlete but gets way too much hype in my opinion. Look at the stats, both Leinert and Quinn have way better numbers. I think you could take either of those two and put them in Texas's offense and the team would be just as good or better then they are now. There isn't another player in the country you could put in for Reggie Bush that can do what he does virtually every week. (Note - I hate USC, so this is an unbiassed opinion ;D)

BisonMav
12-08-2005, 02:19 PM
Vince Young isn't even the best Quarterback in the country. *He's a great athlete but gets way too much hype in my opinion. *Look at the stats, both Leinert and Quinn have way better numbers. *

Young probably played half the minutes Leinart and Quinn played. On the other hand I think Bush, Leinart and Quinn get their fair share of hype too.

Flintstone
12-08-2005, 03:33 PM
You must have seen Vince on ESPN complaining that the others stay in the game longer than he does.

Vince plays close to the same amount as Leinert and Bush, both USC and Texas run the score up when they could have their second and third teamers in the game. Look at last week, USC was up by 5 touchdowns in the third quarter and they came out and had Leinert throw the ball like 5 or 6 times in a row. Probably doesn't matter anyways as UCLA couldn't stop the run either and Leinert was having a bad day.

BisonMav
12-08-2005, 03:51 PM
You must have seen Vince on ESPN complaining that the others stay in the game longer than he does. *

Vince plays close to the same amount as Leinert and Bush, both USC and Texas run the score up when they could have their second and third teamers in the game. *Look at last week, USC was up by 5 touchdowns in the third quarter and they came out and had Leinert throw the ball like 5 or 6 times in a row. *Probably doesn't matter anyways as UCLA couldn't stop the run either and Leinert was having a bad day.

Young threw for 2769 yds and 26 TD's and ran for 850 yards and 9 TD's

Leinart threw for 3450 yds and 27 TD's and ran for 34 yards and 6 TD's

Bush rushed for 1658 yds and 15 TD's and caught 31 passes for 2 TD's

Like I said, all three are great players, I just like the running passing options with Young.

Gamehunter
12-08-2005, 04:00 PM
It's all fine and dandy untill somebody gets hurt. Just ask Steve Walker.

insane_ponderer
12-08-2005, 04:37 PM
Young threw for 2769 yds and 26 TD's and ran for 850 yards and 9 TD's

Leinart threw for 3450 yds and 27 TD's and ran for 34 yards and 6 TD's

Bush rushed for 1658 yds and 15 TD's and caught 31 passes for 2 TD's

Like I said, all three are great players, I just like the running passing options with Young.

i dont think there is any argument that all three of these guys are great players, but i think what is being said is that the sky is the limit with reggie, i mean the kid had a 500+ yrd game...

that being said, i think the best thing about this years heisman is that all three of them deserve it on a very equal level and all three of them look to have promising futures in the pros (unlike some heisman winners i.e. eric crouch and chris weinke)

mikelsch
12-08-2005, 06:54 PM
Heisman Results (my prediction)

1. Bush
2. Young
3. Leinart
4. Dragosavich

mikelsch
12-09-2005, 06:21 PM
Leinart is out...he won 0 awards last night at the college football awards show. Bush and Young each won two. Bush won best RB and Walter Camp (best player), Young won best QB and Maxwell award (another best player award).

Eslinger won the Outland Trophy (best interior lineman) - can you say cha-ching for the guy from Bizzo.