PDA

View Full Version : Alumni Letter

insane_ponderer
12-13-2005, 04:42 PM
I thought it would be a good thing to post this (I am sure most of you recieved one as well) for the ones that didnt get a chance to see it. Some very good things going on in Fargo :)

* Total fall enrollment was 12,099 students, a record for the sixth straight year.
* NDSU's fall class of new freshmen was 2,023, the largest in the state.
* Graduate School enrollment stood at 1,603 students, the eighth consecutive year of growth.
* A new study says for every additional dollar of state support it received, NDSU raised $9.60.
* The NDSU Development Foundation unveiled ?Momentum: The $75 million Campaign for NDSU," the most ambitious capital campaign in the university's history.
* NDSU's recent growth has created nearly 3,000 new jobs.
* Bison sports teams are competing and winning in NCAA Division I. For example, the football team recently completed its schedule with a 7-4 record and spent much of the season ranked among the top 20 I-AA teams.
* During fiscal 2004, NDSU's research expenditures exceeded $100 million.
* The National Science Foundation reports that NDSU rose from 126th in the nation in research expenditures to 122nd.
* A total of 400 people are employed at the NDSU Research and Technology Park.
* The Center for Nanoscale Science and Engineering's fiscal 2005 budget is almost $18 million?$15 million for labor, materials and equipment, and $3 million for technology transfer and research services. Approximately $7 million of CNSE's budget is spent in North Dakota on labor, services and supplies.
* The groundbreaking was held this fall for the Center for Technology Enterprise, a business incubator in the Research and Technology Park.
* The Department of Coatings and Polymeric Materials is celebrating its 100th anniversary in 2005.
* An $8.9 million grant from the National Institutes of Health established a Center for Biomedical Research Excellence for visual neuroscience at NDSU.
* Researchers have unveiled a mobile laboratory to combat bioterrorism and naturally occurring diseases in livestock. The project is a collaboration of NDSU, Dickinson State University and Research Extension Centers at Dickinson and Hettinger.
* The National Institutes of Health awarded NDSU a $780,000 grant to develop a rapid response program to address college-age drinking, targeting dangerous behaviors at 21st birthday celebrations and among first-year students.

Your alma mater is full of energy to address the needs and aspirations of people in our fast paced changing world. Take a moment and feel proud.

sambini
12-14-2005, 12:05 AM
+++++