PDA

View Full Version : NorthDakotaPreps.com

Bison_Pride
12-30-2005, 09:55 AM
Hey guys,

Tony said it was okay to show you guys a site I have been messing around with. *NorthDakotaPreps.com (http://www.northdakotapreps.com/). *It's designed to be centered on all types of high school athletics within North Dakota. *Since I'm not an expert by any means I'll depend on others for relevant content. *Hopefully I can sign up enough members to keep it interesting. *Google has already indexed it and ranked it pretty high(and it's almost empty), so I should get a very good search engine ranking. *So if you want, you can give me some feedback on it. *It's my hope that the board will reflect a pro-athletics/academics/North Dakota image. I've got 40GB of bandwidth, per month, for the whole year, so I can display lots of pictures and things.

BisonBacker
12-30-2005, 04:31 PM
Good Luck with it :)

Bison_Pride
12-30-2005, 04:42 PM
Thanks, it's just a hobby, mostly I've just got some time invested.

basketballer
12-30-2005, 07:03 PM
You might want to add a forum for recruiting from the schools for college sports, unless you wanted to have that under another heading. It looks pretty good. The argusleader forum for highschool sports is the most popular on the entire sight, you should get some pretty good traffic!

sambini
12-31-2005, 01:22 AM
Nice job Bison Pride and good luck.+++++

WYOBISONMAN
12-31-2005, 05:01 PM
Cudos.....I will read your site often......Just make sure you don't forget those WILLISTON COYOTES!!

IowaBison
12-31-2005, 06:46 PM
Great site.

I would; however, like to see a change in the organization and nomenclature for your university section.

Grouping North Dakota's 2 year institutions is logical as they all play each other. Referring to the remaining institutions as '4 year' schools is a situation that could be improved upon. Pairing NDSU with any other school in the state makes no sense. Nor does it make sense to pair up UND with other institutions. The DAC could definitely be grouped together.

It would be more logical to break the section up by institution or by division.

As it is meant to be a site devoted to prep sports, it might be more conducive to have a college prospects/recruiting/commitment area.

MinotBison
12-31-2005, 09:16 PM
Cudos.....I will read your site often......Just make sure you don't forget those WILLISTON COYOTES!!

...who lost again over the weekend! :o :o

Gully
12-31-2005, 09:54 PM

Is this a Western ND high school smack thread? :)

WYOBISONMAN
12-31-2005, 10:03 PM

The black and orange are just a bit slow out of the gate......by the time WDA rolls around I bet they are in the thick of it!

BISON_PRIDE
12-31-2005, 11:31 PM
Thanks for the input guys. I guess I want to keep it focused on HS as much as possible so as not to step on any toes with the other message boards. I limited the colleges/universities section to two forums for this purpose. I would like to keep my perspective as being unbiased in that area. NorthDakotaBison you bring up some great points, that would be a great topic to be debated in my 4-year forum. The forums can, and may, be changed depending on demand as I have said in the sugg/feedback area. And thanks to those guys who may have already registered/posted.

MinotBison
12-31-2005, 11:57 PM
The black and orange are just a bit slow out of the gate......by the time WDA rolls around I bet they are in the thick of it!

I am sure they will be more than in the thick of it. The games they have lost have all been close. They are a quality team, and that quality will eventually come through.

Gamehunter
01-01-2006, 09:20 AM

The Coyotes need a new offensive strategy. It is almost horrid to watch. However, I have heard from a reliable source that it is on its way.

BISON_PRIDE
01-02-2006, 04:53 PM
I sent out about 45 emails this morning to various media sites around the state, hopefully I can get out to some of the people who are attending a lot of the games from the smaller communities. I reduced the univ/coll. section to one forum to avoid conflict and focus on preps. I would like to get a logo for it, but I don't want to pay anybody a pile of money for a simple logo. I have one I made with cooltext.com but I'm not sure how to upload a file into the theme directory. PM me if you got any ideas. Thanks

WYOBISONMAN
01-02-2006, 06:11 PM
The Coyotes need a new offensive strategy. *It is almost horrid to watch. *However, I have heard from a reliable source that it is on its way.

Actually I have not really followed the Coyotes since Jim McPherson was coach....there, now that really dates me!!

bisonranch
01-02-2006, 06:23 PM
Actually I have not really followed the Coyotes since Jim McPherson was coach....there, now that really dates me!!

Hey WYO, was that the same Jim McPherson that coached at Mandan?

WYOBISONMAN
01-02-2006, 06:28 PM
Hey WYO, was that the same Jim McPherson that coached at Mandan?

Yes, after he left Williston he coached at Mandan.....

sambini
01-02-2006, 06:50 PM
Wyoming I had him at DICKINSON STATE basketball camp. Very good coach.

WYOBISONMAN
01-02-2006, 08:41 PM
Wyoming I had him at DICKINSON STATE basketball camp. Very good coach.

I think Williston has not had a real great coach since McPherson left.......

bisonranch
01-02-2006, 10:11 PM
McPherson also took a few Mandan teams to state, he was also my history teacher. Pretty easy going guy...in the classroom anyway.

BISON_PRIDE
01-03-2006, 04:25 PM
I added a refer-a-friend to the bottom of the page, and I've got someone working on a new banner or logo for the top, the price is right - FREE. THe hot topic In high school sports tonight is undefeated Fargo South is playing Moorhead in hockey. Thanks for those who have signed up, or refered others. :D

Go Bison!