PDA

View Full Version : OK, why is 104.7 The Dam playing country??

TheBisonator
01-09-2006, 03:22 AM
I just got back into Fargo, I was on the Interstate in Fergus Falls, and I thought I would turn the dial to 104.7, because it plays all new modern rock, which is the kind of music I like. And I hear country songs playing on the station. Then I get into town, and I see the station's website, and it still says "North Dakota's New Rock" and everything like that, and has all the rock designs on the site, and then I see their current playlist, and it shows all country music on there.

Now what am I gonna do for my new rock fix if The Dam is done with?? Q98 recently switched over to half-classic, half-new, but I'm not really into classic rock. I really don't listen to Q98 anymore. But I think I'm gonna have to if they changed The Dam into country. Geez, aren't there already like, six or seven country stations in this city by now??

No offense to anyone on here who likes country, nothing against you guys. I just personally don't like it.

Till
01-09-2006, 03:57 AM
Ahhh yes....Clear Channel does it again.

TheBisonator
01-09-2006, 04:08 AM
Ahhh yes....Clear Channel does it again.

That's very true. It was weird, because even though it was a ClearChannel station, they played some really good music.

kchats
01-09-2006, 04:11 AM
The best thing to do is buy CD's and listen to what you want instead of listening to the radio. Almost all the radio stations where I live have a couple of morons with laughtracks on all morning long so I don't even listen to the radio anymore. I listen to music I like on my CD's.

Radio is such a joke. Why do you think those American Idol winners are all over the radio? They think Americans are dumb enough that they can jam whatever singer they declare good down your throats because they think everyone will just go with the flow. It is am embarrassment that these singers that don't even write their own music are doing better than singer songwriters that have been working hard to earn a living and gain noteriety.

roadwarrior
01-09-2006, 03:43 PM
XM Radio is the answer !!!!!!!!!!!

somebison
01-09-2006, 04:07 PM
XM Sirius Radio is the answer !!!!!!!!!!!

Fixed ;D

tony
01-09-2006, 04:44 PM
I'm a live365.com guy (considering I don't drive, but am almost always near a computer). Heck, I can't even get satellite radio that I know of.

insane_ponderer
01-09-2006, 05:15 PM
if it wasnt for companies like clear channel and the majority of terrible dj's on the radio, i would almost feel sorry for the radio industry with all the alternatives out there like xm, sirius, launchcast, etc.

when i am back in fargo i go straight to 105.9, then again i may be a bit biased.

it does hurt my head how bad most radio stations are though, i mean honestly you can't tell me that there isnt a market for a new rock station in fargo.

Herd_Mentality
01-09-2006, 10:59 PM
The Demise of the Dam was sudden and without a lot of explanation. It's a tragic loss. How many country stations are there in this town now? 3?

bisonranch
01-09-2006, 11:41 PM
No more dam, that sucks. It was the best dam rock station in ND. A big lift from the depressing stations in Bismarck.

Clearchannel has screwed up a lot of good radio markets.

TheBisonator
01-10-2006, 12:16 AM
The Demise of the Dam was sudden and without a lot of explanation. *It's a tragic loss. *How many country stations are there in this town now? *3?

There's still no explanation for what happened to The Dam. And I can actually name 5 local country stations off the top of my head.

Gamehunter
01-10-2006, 01:37 AM
No more dam, that sucks. It was the best dam rock station in ND. A big lift from the depressing stations in Bismarck.

Clearchannel has screwed up a lot of good radio markets.

Yeh..........there is something about "104.7 The Wolf" that screams "lame" to me..........

tophatfan
01-10-2006, 04:03 AM
From what I heard this came about from a survey that is done to find out who is listening to stations and when the surveys were counted nobody listened to the Dam.

Till
01-10-2006, 08:20 PM
Appropriately enough here are the last songs played by the Dam last Monday:

"Laid to Rest" by Lamb Of God,
"Nice to Know You" by Incubus,
"Rock Is Dead" by Marilyn Manson, and
"Killing in the Name" by Rage Against the Machine

sambini
01-14-2006, 06:04 AM
Another CLEAR CHANNEL wonder the Wolf? Whats up with that?

met1990
01-14-2006, 07:49 AM
I think that Clear Channel wants to introduce a country station to try and take some audience away from Froggy 99.9. That way, Clear Channel can try to get KFGO am back to No. 1 in the market ratings. Didn't Froggy knock KFGO off the overall No. 1 spot? That would be my guess.

swaghook
01-14-2006, 02:38 PM
Clear Channel Already had Outlaw Country, now they have two country stations in one market it doesn't make sense to me. Maybe if one played a "classic Country" format I could understand but I don't think there is such a station anywhere around the region.

TransAmBison
01-14-2006, 03:46 PM
I only started really listening to the dam after Q98 went to playing "Everything that Rocks." I wouldn't even mind it if when they played the older stuff they stuck to the songs that "rock harder." In my mind, you can never go wrong with any AC/DC.