PDA

View Full Version : Does it matter if the Dome is making money or not?

bisonaudit
01-30-2006, 08:31 PM
I got interested in this because the newspaper made a mistake, which is a pet peeve of mine but they happen and are usually of little consequence.

While I'm continuing to pursue an answer, I'm struggling with how relevant it might be?

I don't think that any sane person can dispute the idea that the FargoDome has been a resounding success for the City. It brings in hundreds of thousands of people who spend millions of dollars in the city annually.

At the end of the day does it matter whether the building makes $100,000 a year or loses $800,000?

NanoBison
02-04-2006, 05:50 AM
I think people will always complain about the Fargodome. Especially if they didn't vote for it years back. Hypothetically, if the Dome lost $100,000 in revenue, how much did the result of hundreds of thousands of patrons spending money in other businesses in Fargo/West Fargo/Moorhead help offset that.

I remember when we had the State Basketball tournaments down here a few months ago and every restaurant was packed, the mall was packed, the streets were clogged. I would image several million dollars were made that few days throughout the metro area.

Heck, I bet when they have Graduations at the Dome, it brings in quite a chunck of change as well. Maybe it would be wise to take a few hits on the budget to bring in some larger acts, bigger conferences, events bring more and more customers into the metro area to shop/dine/entertain/lodge.

sambini
02-04-2006, 12:53 PM
As long as brings people to our community and in turn drink products from ANHEUSER BUSCH IS OK BY ME. ++++