PDA

View Full Version : Ed Schultz Leaving Fargo???

IowaBisonToo
02-21-2006, 02:42 PM
I see in the Forum today a story about how Eddie Schlitz thinks he may have outgrown Fargo. His feelings must have gotten hurt that KFGO cancelled his program. If you haven't read the story, he claims he doesn't want to leave the area but slams the F-M area pretty good. Talking about how he can't get a decent uplink to be on national TV shows on FOX and NBC. I want to know how he couldn't get one yet Tim Miles could be on ESPN. Ed must not have tried very hard. Of course knowing how he's acted over the years, he probably thinks the F-M area owes him something. Personally, I think the F-M area would be better off without him around. Hey Ed, how's your dog? :o

somebison
02-21-2006, 03:15 PM
http://www.in-forum.com/ap/index.cfm?page=view&id=D8FT18AG6

but KFGO dropped his program from its afternoon lineup last month.

"It was classless," Schultz said. "I don't deserve to be treated like that after making them millions of dollars."

MinotBison
02-21-2006, 04:30 PM
I see in the Forum today a story about how Eddie Schlitz thinks he may have outgrown Fargo. *His feelings must have gotten hurt that KFGO cancelled his program. *If you haven't read the story, he claims he doesn't want to leave the area but slams the F-M area pretty good. *Talking about how he can't get a decent uplink to be on national TV shows on FOX and NBC. *I want to know how he couldn't get one yet Tim Miles could be on ESPN. *Ed must not have tried very hard. *Of course knowing how he's acted over the years, he probably thinks the F-M area owes him something. *Personally, I think the F-M area would be better off without him around. *Hey Ed, how's your dog? :o

When did the "dog" incident take place? That was some years ago, wasn't it?

As far as his show being cancelled, the F-M area is not exactly a bastion of liberalism. If you weren't of the same political persuasion, his show was almost impossible to listen to.

WYOBISONMAN
02-21-2006, 04:34 PM
I am a lefty......but I just can't swallow Ed doing a lefty show giving his previous life as a rabid conservative. He switches horses too much for me......Bison......Sioux.......Republican.......De mocrat......Maureen......New Wife..... ;D

87Bisonfan
02-21-2006, 04:43 PM
I believe the "dog incident" took place in the mid 80's. I remember being at a football game at Dakota field and most of the student section started chanting "Ed shoots his dog!, Ed shoots his dog!" It was pretty hilarious.

There was also the infamous "whiskey bottle through the broadcast booth window" incident. I think Ed cussed at the students and it didn't get beeped out of the live radio broadcast.

Aah, the good ol days!

MinotBison
02-21-2006, 04:58 PM
I am a lefty......but I just can't swallow Ed doing a lefty show giving his previous life as a rabid conservative. *He switches horses too much for me......Bison......Sioux.......Republican.......De mocrat......Maureen......New Wife..... ;D

I agree. It's just my opinion, but I've often thought that the reason he became sympathetic to all things liberal was so that he could keep dating the woman who is now his wife.

scottheck
02-21-2006, 05:17 PM
When did the "dog" incident take place? *That was some years ago, wasn't it?

Actually, early 80's. I was a student then and I was one of those chanting...

The whiskey bottle was roughly the same time.

MinotBison
02-21-2006, 05:37 PM
Actually, early 80's. *I was a student then and I was one of those chanting...

The whiskey bottle was roughly the same time.

Did Big Ed ever actually admit to shooting his dog, or is this the stuff of which urban legends are made?

WYOBISONMAN
02-21-2006, 05:50 PM
He shot the dog.........poor ol' Red..... ;)

MinotBison
02-21-2006, 08:26 PM
I see in the Forum today a story about how Eddie Schlitz thinks he may have outgrown Fargo. *His feelings must have gotten hurt that KFGO cancelled his program. *If you haven't read the story, he claims he doesn't want to leave the area but slams the F-M area pretty good. *Talking about how he can't get a decent uplink to be on national TV shows on FOX and NBC. *I want to know how he couldn't get one yet Tim Miles could be on ESPN. *Ed must not have tried very hard. *Of course knowing how he's acted over the years, he probably thinks the F-M area owes him something. *Personally, I think the F-M area would be better off without him around. *Hey Ed, how's your dog? :o

It had to be a kick in the nuts for KFGO to drop him. Wasn't that one of the original stations for his national show?

IowaBisonToo
02-21-2006, 10:09 PM
I think my brother-in-law actually got his a$$ chewed by Eddie because Ed thought he was the one that threw the whiskey bottle.

Had a friend that was running with either the CC or track team one day about 5 or more years ago (???). A guy on the team blazed out ahead of the rest of them. They always ran past Ed's house (where ever that was). When the rest of the team got to Ed working in his yard, Ed started cussing them out and told them NDSU wouldn't get anymore support from him and so on and so on. Ed was furious. When the team got back to the BSA, they asked this guy that was way out front what he had said. This other guy replied, "I just asked Ed how his dog was." Frickin' hilarious!!! It's taken Ed a long time to figure out people in Fargo don't like him. :P

sambini
02-22-2006, 04:10 AM
ED built a new house at DETROIT LAKES,MN. on Big Detroit. I listen to WDAY the BISON STATION.

Bisonguy
02-22-2006, 04:12 AM
Ed lived near the Fargo CC in the late 80's

sambini
02-22-2006, 04:22 AM
He lived on the hole 5 fairway till last year. So if you duck hooked one you could put it in his yard. When he was married to Maureen he lived right down the street west of FCC.

kchats
02-22-2006, 04:33 AM
I was at the whiskey bottle game. Ed came down into the stands and starting hitting a guy he thought threw it. He is a pretty classless guy.

The entire Air America Liberal Radio thing is losing money by the boatload. That is probably why they couldn't get an uplink. Advertisers pay for radio and they aren't buying Air America.

BraxtonT
02-22-2006, 04:47 AM
G-City,

Any idea where the infamous whiskey bottle thrower is from?!! :D ;D

MinotBison
02-22-2006, 05:01 AM
I was at the whiskey bottle game. *Ed came down into the stands and starting hitting a guy he thought threw it. *He is a pretty classless guy.

The entire Air America Liberal Radio thing is losing money by the boatload. *That is probably why they couldn't get an uplink. *Advertisers pay for radio and they aren't buying Air America.

Ed, I don't think is involved with Air America, but may nonetheless suffer due to guilt by association.

kchats
02-22-2006, 05:16 AM
He was who else would syndicate that idiot. He is the guy they show on FOX News Channel when they mention how poorly Air America is doing.

MinotBison
02-22-2006, 05:18 AM
He was who else would syndicate that idiot. *He is the guy they show on FOX News Channel when they mention how poorly Air America is doing.

I thought they used Al Franken for that. ;D

WYOBISONMAN
02-22-2006, 03:26 PM
He was who else would syndicate that idiot. He is the guy they show on FOX News Channel when they mention how poorly Air America is doing.

Actaully Air America is doing fine, they signed a big money deal with XM Radio last year. I wouldn't consider Fox overly credible as they tend to have a lot of spin out of there.....just as Air America does... Also, Ed Shultz is not with Air America, he is syndicated by the Jones Radio Network and he has never been broadcast by Air America.
So........if FOX is showing Ed as an Air America guy......they are way way off base as usual......
:-/

Here are the links to show where Ed is......

http://www.jonesradio.com/NewsTalk/EdSchultz/index.html

Here is the link to Air America........

http://www.airamericaradio.com/

I don't really get into the political stuff on a sports board, but the claim that FOX News is credible given your above statement is a bit much......

insane_ponderer
02-22-2006, 03:29 PM
G-City,

Any idea where the infamous whiskey bottle thrower is from?!! *:D ;D

Braxton...Sorry, before my time. Sounds like you know, and I would be quite curious.

Bison_Dan
02-22-2006, 03:41 PM
I was there and pretty much saw the whole thing. I can still remember the student finishing the bottle and turning around and throwing it at the WDAY broadcast booth. Seems to me it hit a little lower than the windows right in front of Ed. Ed came out into the stands, but I don't remember him hitting anyone. Man did the students hate him. I guess they were pretty perceptive back then. I can still hear the bottles being dropped from the stands to ground below and breaking. Great times. ;D

DORMIE
02-22-2006, 09:06 PM
The bottle thrower was a student from Cooperstown.

insane_ponderer
02-22-2006, 10:50 PM
figures...those cooperstown rowdies :)

sambini
02-23-2006, 12:20 AM
WAS HE A FORMER BASEBALL PITCHER? BUELLER

scottheck
02-23-2006, 03:16 AM
*I can still hear the bottles being dropped from the stands to ground below and breaking. *Great times. * ;D

That does bring back memories doesn't it..... :'(

kchats
02-23-2006, 04:54 AM
It actually hit Ed's broadcasting partner in the stomach if I remember correctly. I can't remember his name but I think he was a former player.

SDbison
02-23-2006, 06:04 PM
*I can still hear the bottles being dropped from the stands to ground below and breaking. *Great times. * ;D
It is a sound I will always remember. Because it occurred so frequently I thought every student must have brought in a bottle or two.

MinotBison
02-23-2006, 09:49 PM
Does anyone remember the cherry bombs that went off under the grandstand after a touchdown was scored?

Bison_Dan
02-23-2006, 09:50 PM
Does anyone remember the cherry bombs that went off under the grandstand after a touchdown was scored?

Oh yea I forgot about those. They were quite loud.

87Bisonfan
02-23-2006, 10:20 PM
All this reminiscing about the game atmosphere in the student section in the 80's is making me wish we still played at Dakota field (in Sept. & Oct. anyway -- not so sure about Nov.).

The atmosphere at games now is quite a bit different (better in someways, worse in someways) -- but that subject has already been beaten to death!

sambini
02-24-2006, 12:20 AM
It actually hit Ed's broadcasting partner in the stomach if I remember correctly. *I can't remember his name but I think he was a former player.
That was Gary Barta. Who is now the athletic director at Wyoming.

kchats
02-24-2006, 02:19 AM
That was Gary Barta. Who is now the athletic director at Wyoming.

Thanks Sambini. You are right on that one. Right in the gut for Gary with the bottle.

sambini
02-24-2006, 03:54 AM
BART WAS ON OUR SOFTBALL TEAM DURING HIS YEARS IN FARGO. HE IS A CLASS ACT.

Wacker_in_the_Hall
02-24-2006, 05:02 AM
BART WAS ON OUR SOFTBALL TEAM DURING HIS YEARS IN FARGO. HE IS A CLASS ACT.

I agree Sambini---Gary Barta is a class act---someday he will be a Athletic Director at a Big Ten/ Pac Ten Conference. He could be a real source of knowledge for NDSU in our transition years.

KChats--I disagree with you----I dont feel Ed is classless----arrogant maybe. certainly very intelligent. I admire his broadcasting gift. I do not begin to agree with his politics.

No doubt in my mind--he is the best broadcaster we have had at NDSU.

BisonBacker
02-24-2006, 05:18 AM
He was a good Sports Broadcaster/play by play guy. Beyond that I can't say much. He changes like the wind, politics, schools that he backs ect. He also would sell his own mothers soul to the devil. His comments regarding Marv Bossart before he left WDAY and his shallow attempt at an apology in the forum pretty much reveal Ed's true colors. Classless.

BisonMav
02-24-2006, 12:55 PM
Eddie "Mad Dog" Schultz
Man Who Would be King (http://www.readexiled.com/manwho.htm)

tcbison
02-24-2006, 03:32 PM
I have no love for Ed Schultz. I have listened to Bison football since I was young and I did appreciate his play by play. In the late 80's and early 90's when NDSU would play UND it seemed like he became a cheerleader for the Sioux and that didn't sit well with me. During that time NDSU beat the Sioux for 13 straight years but towards the end of that run you could tell he loved to talk about the Sioux.

I remember Ed saying on his talk show that if it wasn't for him, Bison football would be nothing. It was like he was taking credit for all the success that NDSU had over the years. That is very arrogant to me and makes no sense.

IowaBisonToo
02-24-2006, 09:04 PM
Well of course. Don't you get that his on-field success when he was younger translated to Bison success when he was in the booth? You know how effective that mental telepathy is. He is mental you know. ;D

OrygunBison
02-24-2006, 09:47 PM
I was all of you buttheads that made me go through such hell to get liquor into the games when I started school...the year after the bottle incident. They used to frisk every single one of us before we'd go into a game. (Actually, the frisking wasn't the worst part, I guess.) I still got my liquor in, though. Back then, I knew lots of ladies that would sneak my booze in their bras and panties...in many, many small containers.

I loved Dakota Field. It's where I learned to mix tequilla and coffee. At the games in November, it's the only thing that could keep me warm...

I'd like to think the Schultz chants were at their peak performance during my tenure. We hated him.

Also made fun of Dana Moch (sp?). "Who's that little kid on the field!!! Get him outta there before she gets hurt!!!" and in the most demonic voice possible - "There is no Dana - only Zule..." - a Ghostbusters reference.

Okay. I'll stop.

Wacker_in_the_Hall
02-24-2006, 10:57 PM
I

Okay. *I'll stop.

Yes please do stop....

Trimmy
03-11-2006, 10:04 PM
Wasn't the broadcasting partner Dale VanDeLoo?

sambini
03-12-2006, 01:35 AM
Later on it was Dale. He also had Chip Litten.

MinotBison
03-12-2006, 05:26 AM
What can Bison fans do to help facilitate this potential move?

BisonMav
03-13-2006, 12:28 PM
Eddie took the heat off of Jim Adelson. ;D

sambini
03-14-2006, 04:56 AM
He interned under Jim. And then left for KVLY?

bincitysioux
03-14-2006, 05:02 AM
What can Bison fans do to help facilitate this potential move?

What can Sioux fans do to help Bison fans do to help facilitate this potential move?

TransAmBison
03-14-2006, 12:20 PM
What can Sioux fans do to help Bison fans do to help facilitate this potential move?
Have the two schools found a common ground? Will the mountains crumble and the seas dry up? Will Kup pull his head out of his a$$? ;D ;D

BisonBacker
03-14-2006, 02:26 PM
Have the two schools found a common ground? * Will the mountains crumble and the seas dry up? *Will Kup pull his head out of his a$$? ;D ;D
Come on TransAmBison you should know that his head is there as a permanent fixture. ;D

TransAmBison
03-14-2006, 06:12 PM
Come on TransAmBison you should know that his head is there as a permanent fixture. ;D
++