PDA

View Full Version : Joe is staying at NDSU

roadwarrior
03-27-2006, 06:16 PM
The NDSU campus is probably buzzing this afternoon!

Thanks Joe.

IowaBison
03-27-2006, 06:16 PM
http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=121775&section=news

TheBisonator
03-27-2006, 06:25 PM
I KNEW IT!!!.... YEEESSSS!!!!

SUSDog
03-27-2006, 06:29 PM
We've proven that Wyoming can't beat us off the field, I say we go prove they can't beat us on the field either! ;D

WYOBISONMAN
03-27-2006, 07:11 PM
THANKS JOE AND THANKS TO THE STUDENTS!!

NanoBison
03-27-2006, 07:16 PM
Thanks Joe for staying. Thanks to everyone else who supported him as well.

(Now let's start on up-ing his pay and build the man a decent house...)

BisonBacker
03-27-2006, 07:22 PM
I think its time to say Thank you to Joe by showing gratitude in the way of raising his salary/endowment and also giving him a new home that is appropriate for a Division I president to be in. Preferable one not overlooking the Bison Turf :-/

Wacker_in_the_Hall
03-27-2006, 07:39 PM
I think its time to say Thank you to Joe by showing *gratitude in the way of raising his salary/endowment and also giving him a new home that is appropriate for a Division I president to be in. *Preferable one not overlooking the Bison Turf :-/

AFTER we remodel the BSA

sambini
03-27-2006, 07:58 PM
Thanks Joe++++++++++++++++++

BisonBacker
03-27-2006, 08:14 PM
This would be done with separate funds raised by teammakers and other sources. Its a rare thing in this day and age to find that kind of dedication and I for one think that it should be a top priority. If not for Joe we wouldn't be talking about any BSA renovations I'm pretty confident about that. I see no reason why both items can't be addressed. The sooner the better on both counts.

chuckles
03-27-2006, 08:18 PM
even better was that all students recieved an e-mail informing them of this rally at 9:00pm Sunday Night. I'm sure many students wern't aware (myself included) of this rally, and in 14 hours look what was done!

buffalobill
03-27-2006, 08:24 PM
I e-mailed Wyoming AD Gary Barta and told him we've beaten them in Wrestling and Presidents. There should be no reason why we can't compete and beat them at everything else as well. WAC ATTACK or MOUNTAIN WEST IS BEST!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

somebison
03-27-2006, 08:47 PM
an email Joe sent

"Dear friends and colleagues:

Today I have informed the trustees of the University of Wyoming that I
am withdrawing my candidacy for the presidency of that university. I
agreed to be a candidate because I was at a point in my life where the
timing seemed right to ask if there might be a next step in my career.
After much conversation with family and with the kind outpouring of
support and encouragement of so many people in the NDSU community here
and across the state, Gale and I I have concluded that the best fit for
us is right here at NDSU. This is truly a special university at a
unique point in its history. Together, we have accomplished much at this
great institution. And together, we will accomplish much more. Thank
you.

Joe"

roadwarrior
03-27-2006, 10:10 PM
A couple of quotes from the in-forum:

“I really did make the decision just now” to stay at NDSU, Chapman said.

Turning to student body president Kevin Teigen, Chapman said student support was “absolutely the reason that I have decided to stay.”

DORMIE
03-27-2006, 11:00 PM
Funds for anything special would have to come from the Development Forndation. Teammaker funds are soley for athletic scholarships, period!!

sambini
03-28-2006, 02:59 AM
Thanks Dormie for letting us know on that issue. On kudos to Kevin Teigen and the student body job well done.

kchats
03-28-2006, 04:37 AM
I'm happy he is staying. He has done wonders at NDSU. The sky is the limit. Joe has raised the bar once now he needs to raise it higher. He has the support time for another ambitious goal.

insane_ponderer
03-28-2006, 04:57 AM
Definently gotta give credit to the kids serving on the student government and in general to all the students that showed up and showed support.

doesn't matter what job you do or how long you have been doing it, a little appreciation goes along ways.

Wacker_in_the_Hall
03-28-2006, 05:13 AM
Funds for anything special would have to come from the Development Forndation. Teammaker funds are soley for athletic scholarships, period!!

And sometimes to keep coaches from leaving...............

mikelsch
03-28-2006, 04:20 PM
Loren Crabtree, the second of 3 finalists, has also withdrawn from the Wyoming presidency. Ouch

http://www.wate.com/Global/story.asp?S=4691369&nav=0RYv

WYOBISONMAN
03-28-2006, 04:48 PM
I suspect that the political controversy that has erupted here in Wyoming regarding the exclusion of the Interim-President and then his subsequent inclusion in the search may have played a role in both candidates withdrawing. No one wants to start a new job in the middle of a shit-storm, and that is what this has kind of turned in to here in Wyoming.....

sambini
03-30-2006, 01:17 AM
Joe thanks for staying . And now its time for a WAC ATTACK. ++++++++++++++++====