PDA

View Full Version : 11 Team conference

roadwarrior
04-01-2006, 03:43 AM
We need to look no further than the Big Ten to see if a conference is workable with 11 teams.

Last season in football, Minnesota played 8 conference games (4 home and 4 away): Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State, Penn State, Purdue and Wisconsin. They did not play Illinois or Northwestern.

In basketball, Minnesota had 8 home conference games and 8 away conference games. They played Illinois, Iowa, Michigan, Northwestern, Purdue and Wisconsin twice. They played Indiana, Michigan State, Ohio State and Penn State only once.

I am not sure how they determine which teams get rolled out of the schedule for football or how they determine which teams they only play once in basketball, but they do not break the conference into divisions.

Why couldnt the Big Sky work in a similar manner with NDSU and SDSU bringing the membership to 11?

roadwarrior
04-01-2006, 03:48 AM
Also I wonder if they ever roll any of the big rivalry games OUT of the football schedule? Like Michigan-Ohio State? I cant imagine that they do.

kchats
04-01-2006, 04:05 AM
I hope you are right but I'm not holding my breath waiting on the Big Sky to invite NDSU to join. Even asking NDSU to resubmit information doesn't guarantee anything, they need the Big Sky to make a campus visit.

sambini
04-01-2006, 06:13 AM
++++++++++++++++++ WAC ATTACK

BisonBacker
04-01-2006, 01:22 PM
I won't be holding my breath on that either :-/
Like Sambini says
WAC ATTACK++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

BisonMav
04-01-2006, 03:32 PM
Also I wonder if they ever roll any of the big rivalry games OUT of the football schedule? *Like Michigan-Ohio State? *I cant imagine that they do.

I am 99% sure big rivalries always remain on the schedule. Michigan-Ohio St, Minnesota-Wisconsin, Minnesota-Iowa etc.

TheBisonator
04-01-2006, 09:07 PM
I hope you are right but I'm not holding my breath waiting on the Big Sky to invite NDSU to join. *Even asking NDSU to resubmit information doesn't guarantee anything, they need the Big Sky to make a campus visit.

It's pretty simple on how to get the BSC school presidents to visit our campus:

A bottle of chloroform, some rope, and a burlap sack. ;D