PDA

View Full Version : Protest in the Union

02Bison
05-06-2006, 02:45 PM
Anyone know what this was about? It was in the Fargo Police Dispatch Log.

05/05/06 11:11:25 MI PROTESTERS/ NDSU/STUDENT UNION NDSU REQUESTING ADDITIONAL OFFICERS. PROTESTERS ARE NOT LEAVING 1400 BLK ADMINISTRATION AVE

http://www.in-forum.com/crimewatch/index.cfm

MplsBison
05-06-2006, 04:06 PM
Rising tuition?

Who knows. They're college kids.

NDSUstudent
05-06-2006, 04:23 PM
Rising tuition?

Who knows. They're college kids.

Try 50 year old crazy religious people looking for some attention at least that is what I heard from a friend who spent an hour listening to them rant about how college students are going to hell for various reasons. There were some minor arguements between students and protesters but nothing too serious happend.

NanoBison
05-06-2006, 05:43 PM
I walked by it yesterday on the way to the union. It was a religious protest with one person holding a sign that said "Fear God". I thought both sides were absolutely classless in the protest since all I could make out from the dialogue between the two parties was F-this and F-that and you-Mother-F-er. I guess nobody told both parties that swearing doesn't win a debate.

::)

84grad
05-08-2006, 01:38 PM
In a similar story, were any of you around SU around 1983 or so when Jedd Smock began preaching outside the south side of the Union? According to Jedd, you were going to hell if you were a woman, a smoker, a Democrat, or a listener of rock & roll. Of course, the KDSU boys then set a speaker in a second story window and cranked up "Satisfaction" by the Stones. Ah, memories!!