PDA

View Full Version : NDSU Alumni Directory (RipOff)

BisonBryce
05-15-2006, 04:17 PM
Many of you fellow alumni probably have been getting spammed by a Harris company to update your Alumni Profile. I've been getting both emails and postcards to do this. So on their "final" notice I decide to give them a call and update my info. I talk to the representative for a while and we confirm some of the information that they had on me already.

I knew this was eventually going to be a sales pitch for the actual directory. But I guess I had a pipe dream of it going for like 10-20 bucks.

No no friends.

2 installments of $45

This for an alumni directory?

I told the representative that their company was "crazy"

tcbison
05-15-2006, 04:32 PM
Yeah, I called as well. When I told him I wasn't interested, he hung up on me. I wasn't very impressed.

SDbison
05-15-2006, 06:13 PM
Many of you fellow alumni probably have been getting spammed by a Harris company to update your Alumni Profile. *I've been getting both emails and postcards to do this. *So on their "final" notice I decide to give them a call and update my info. *I talk to the representative for a while and we confirm some of the information that they had on me already.

I knew this was eventually going to be a sales pitch for the actual directory. *But I guess I had a pipe dream of it going for like 10-20 bucks.

No no friends.

2 installments of $45

This for an alumni directory?

I told the representative that their company was "crazy"
Went through the same feelings and experience. Does NDSU approve of this companies conduct?

roadwarrior
05-15-2006, 07:23 PM
I have put my last 3 or 4 FINAL notices in the garbage along with all of the FINAL e-mails that I receive ;D

WYOBISONMAN
05-15-2006, 08:07 PM
I have put my last 3 or 4 FINAL notices in the garbage along with all of the FINAL e-mails that I receive *;D

Friday I just chucked my "Final Notice" also..............

NDFAN2
05-15-2006, 08:13 PM
I was also disappionted with this. Why couldn't they get my address, etc from the numerous times they've called me to donate $ to the University? Then charge me way too much for a directory that I don't need? Crazy!

RxBison
05-15-2006, 10:35 PM
The NDSU Alumni Association already has an online directory.

www.ndsu.onlinecommunity.com

NanoBison
05-15-2006, 10:44 PM
I should offer to redo their entire directory for free in MySQL and PHP. It would be designed exactly the way they want it, and then it would be developed internally and be "theirs". I hate when the University goes outside to get a site setup with a third party and the company does a terrible job. I also hate the Career Center's jobsite. Connections, I think it is called. Never been impressed with that.