PDA

View Full Version : Scheels Donation

RedRiver
12-01-2005, 10:32 PM
According to The Forum, Scheels All Sports has donated $1 million toward the construction of NDSU's $13 million College of Business Administration building.

The gift is part of the NDSU Development Foundation's $75 million campaign announced this fall.

Bisonguy
12-02-2005, 02:00 AM
Nice to hear. Now, I won't feel so bad buying some new clothing and shoes at Scheel's All Sports tomorrow. ;D

sambini
12-02-2005, 02:41 AM
Thanks Scheels and support those that support NDSU.

NDSUstudent
12-02-2005, 02:42 AM
I also heard that the new scheels will have a large NDSU section that will have old tropheys and other NDSU memorbilia on display. It sounded quite nice and I can't wait to see it.

sambini
12-02-2005, 02:51 AM
I also heard that from a good source.

Bisonguy
12-02-2005, 03:00 AM
I also heard that the new scheels will have a large NDSU section that will have old tropheys and other NDSU memorbilia on display. It sounded quite nice and I can't wait to see it.

It's about time they have something for the hometown team.

sambini
12-03-2005, 03:53 AM
I hope they have some nice clothing like NIKE etc...

TransAmBison
12-05-2005, 03:04 AM
It has been hard to find new Bison clothes...the selection around town has gone downhill...glad to here Scheels will step up their game!

Rodentia
12-05-2005, 05:38 AM

That's a good use of old trophys. Older trophys too often wind up neglected in dusty old cases where few people see them. Loaning them to businesses makes good sense, more people will see them, and will help create buzz.

Perhaps more recent trophys, such as the Dakota Marker, could be put on a more public display during the summer. Let a business display it for a few days, and then move it elsewhere.

At the Minnesota State Fair, the Gophers booth has the trophys that were won in the past year on display. Does NDSU do anything like this at the ND State Fair?

NDSUstudent
06-09-2006, 03:49 AM
Here is a quote from the FM Magazine article about the new Scheels...

A few feet from the enterance is collegiate licensed apparel. You'll see a lot of green and gold, and this store will be the new home of the North Dakota State Univeristy Hall of Fame. Harlon Hill Trophies collected by Jeff Bentrim and Chirs Simdorn will now call the store home. As will championship rings, classic photos, and much more.

Sounds pretty cool and I can't think of a better place for the NDSU hall of fame then the worlds largest all sports store. Can't wait to see it on July 1st!

buffalobilljr
06-09-2006, 04:21 AM

That's a good use of old trophys. *Older trophys too often wind up neglected in dusty old cases where few people see them. Loaning them to businesses makes good sense, more people will see them, and will help create buzz.

Perhaps more recent trophys, such as the Dakota Marker, could be put on a more public display during the summer. Let a business display it for a few days, and then move it elsewhere.

At the Minnesota State Fair, the Gophers booth has the trophys that were won in the past year on display. Does NDSU do anything like this at the ND State Fair?
Great idea!!!!!!!! Now give it legs!!!

pmp6nl
06-09-2006, 06:35 AM
I did hear the Varsity Mart carries Nike and Polo Ralph Lauren, among other new brands.

NanoBison
06-09-2006, 06:44 AM
Yep, here is the email they sent over the Student LISTSERV (May 10th, 2006)

You asked for it, we've got it! Better late than never! The Varsity
Mart now has Nike, Under Armour and Reebok clothing in the store.
NDSU clothing makes great graduation and Mother's Day gifts!

Carol Miller, CSP