PDA

View Full Version : Fargo Police BAD PARTY PATROL. (from baseball)

lakesbison
06-07-2006, 11:37 PM
this is from the baseball thread for BEST PLAYERS..

ok ok... here we go... have fun with this.. :

this is my opinion on what ive seen the last 10 years of so in Fargo. and ITS A TREND!

I respect the fargo Police... but the PARTY PATROL.. can be described as PIGS>... because they get bored. and go LOOKING for parties..

futhermore.. there is a LOT of kids that HAVE turned down.. or not even THOUGHT of NDSU because of the "party patrol"... dont give me ur comebacks of "we dont want those kids anyways"

FACTS ARE>... kids that are 16,17,18 are influential via bro's/sis', friends.. that went to NDSU/MSUM and were HARASSED .. by the police durin party patrol...

so you BETTER BELIEVE it affects recruiting, etc.

last 10 years in fargo... this trend has been sad....... there is NOTHING that happens for crime.. large scale or frequently in fargo.. so.. they go out on thurs/fri/sat and ARMY LIKE... hunt down parties.... and/or pull you over for anything!!!

my 2 cents... and its a problem and needs to be addressed.... but its TABOO... to do so..

imabison
06-08-2006, 12:33 AM
this is from the baseball thread for BEST PLAYERS..

ok ok... here we go... have fun with this.. :

this is my opinion on what ive seen the last 10 years of so in Fargo. and ITS A TREND!

I respect the fargo Police... but the PARTY PATROL.. can be described as PIGS>... because they get bored. and go LOOKING for parties..

futhermore.. there is a LOT of kids that HAVE turned down.. or not even THOUGHT of NDSU because of the "party patrol"... dont give me ur comebacks of "we dont want those kids anyways"

FACTS ARE>... kids that are 16,17,18 are influential via bro's/sis', friends.. that went to NDSU/MSUM and were HARASSED .. by the police durin party patrol...

so you BETTER BELIEVE it affects recruiting, etc.

last 10 years in fargo... this trend has been sad....... there is NOTHING that happens for crime.. large scale or frequently in fargo.. so.. they go out on thurs/fri/sat and ARMY LIKE... hunt down parties.... and/or pull you over for anything!!!

my 2 cents... and its a problem and needs to be addressed.... but its TABOO... to do so..

There may be a fine line between whether the students that turn down NDSU just because of the party patrol are the kind of students that NDSU wants on campus. Turn down NDSU because its not for you, not because of the party patrol.

I do not agree with the party patrol driving around looking for parties.

lakesbison
06-08-2006, 05:26 AM
I knew you were gonna say that.. hell i even put that in my post to begin with..!!

geezz. u gotta be a democrat!! haha

seroiusly.. in the world of 16,17, 18 yr olds.. the subject comes up alot.. my brother goes to a st cloud area college. and he has 2 friends that wont even come to fargo to visit or party with their friends on college st.. becuz they get busted everytime there's a gathering..

so trust me.. it happens.... just becuz some of u are 30-35 yrs old or more.... doesnt meant u know what they think or rationalize like..

Gamehunter
06-08-2006, 07:32 AM
hmmm, I must be lucky.

NanoBison
06-08-2006, 09:37 AM
Here's my take on the whole Party Patrol scenario... I used to live in one of the apartment buildings next to the tracks, south of the university. To put it simply, I've seen everything you could think of. I don't mind parties, I don't mind college students drinking, I don't mind them doing whatever, expect if it's 2am on a weekday, and there's 25 people down the hall with the stereos blasting, people coming and going every 2-5 minutes, screaming and running up and down the halls. If you're stupid enough to think that you're not pissing someone off with that type of activity, you deserve to get your ass caught.

>:(

Just to give you a little idea of what it was like where I lived :

We had one gentlemen pull a knife on another resident.
We had two fires.
We had police showing up basically every weekend.
People urinating in the parking lot and THEN entering the building. (I guess they couldn't hold it for 2 minutes until they got inside)
Two drunks decided to play football outside in their shorts, in January, at 4:30am and set of a bunch of car alarms (the FB hit the cars).
Multiple fights in the parking lot. Yelling and swearing and using words that would make George Carlin blush (ok, maybe not).
People puking/urinating in the hallway of the apartment building.
One individual passed out in a pool of his own vomit and nobody did anything. I only discovered him becuase I heard shouting in the hall-way like ("that loser can't handle his booze!"). The police had to rush him to detox to get his stomach pumped.
We had an idiot who decided guitar lessons were most appropriate at 1:00am.

Anyways, I've moved away, FAR away from the campus. It's much quieter, and much nicer.

I really have no problem with drinking or partying, but Christ, some of these people go WAY over the edge sometimes. It's like they've never even heard of Alcohol before coming to school and dive head first into it to fit in...

But yeah, if you're going to be A-holes to all of your other neighbors, expect to get your ass reported to the cops. The cops aren't actively looking for parties, people, including myself are calling them in... don't believe me, read the police logs some weekends and count the reports of LOUD parties ...

http://www.in-forum.com/crimewatch/

Now if we just do something about the stupid modified clown cars with their dumbass bass and exhaust and LOUD motorcycles, I'd be happy.

::)

lakesbison
06-08-2006, 01:41 PM
well you got wise and moved.. ..

i was halfways reading your thread and Im like " THEN MOVE BUDDY!!!"

but.. u got wise and moved..

lets not be NAIVE here people.. College= parties.. facts of life... get over it.. I guess is what i am tryin to say..

insane_ponderer
06-08-2006, 02:52 PM
I can't believe I am saying this (makes me feel old)

But...college also is a good time to learn that actions have consequences. *We had parties all the time at our apt. *We had a superbowl party with about 40 people in a three bedroom apt. *We had our fun at house parties, some of the frat parties, at the bars, etc. etc.

But you can't expect to be able to do whatever you want and not have to deal with it. *Unfortunately urinating in someones bushes is against the law.

A decent percentage of the students on campus are there to get an education, I love a good party but if I have a Biochem final at 8 the next morning, I am not going to appreciate a party going on next door. *

It's an unfortunate fact of life and the Rolling Stones said it best, you can't always get what you want.

Herd_Mentality
06-08-2006, 09:11 PM
No, the Party Patrol is out looking for parties. *Don't kid yourself. *There are two types of parties. *The first are the parties that really should be busted...the ones that get out of control, spill into the streets, cause damage to public property. *Then there are the other parties that are getting busted. *The parties that aren't out of control, usually thrown by those living in houses and not apartment buildings. *The Party Patrol has sent undercover officers into these types of parties and busts them. *In my opinion, if somebody calls the cops with a complaint...then by all means the cops have the right to approach the residence and address the situation. *Note I said "address" and not "give tickets to everybody they possibly can". *

Maybe some of you remember the year a lot of things began to change at NDSU (93 or 94). *One of the brilliant writers for the Spectrum wrote an article alluding to the fact that Fargo police didn't care about all the parties that went on around campus. *Shortly after that they started throwing the book at people who hosted a party. *It got worse every year. *My last year at NDSU in 1998, I left a graduation party and found out that the cops showed up two hours later and issued everyone there a ticket for loud party (even those that didn't live at the residence). *The funny thing was that there were 12 people at this "party" sitting out on their deck having a few beers when the cops stopped by claiming that things were too loud when they drove by.....2 kids that had graduated that day, their parents, girlfriends and siblings.

boss
06-08-2006, 09:25 PM
I know of a "loud party" that was busted when 10 people were playing TRIVIAL PURSUIT in an apartment. Half of them were'nt even drinking. Pretty brutal. If somebody called that in and it was that loud why can't they just tell them to keep it down once?

No disrespect to police but the Party Patrol is a waste of taxpayer money and for the most part have nothing better to do than drive around looking for parties and if you think that that's not what they do you are dreaming.

TransAmBison
06-08-2006, 10:07 PM
No, the Party Patrol is out looking for parties. *Don't kid yourself. *There are two types of parties. *The first are the parties that really should be busted...the ones that get out of control, spill into the streets, cause damage to public property. *Then there are the other parties that are getting busted. *The parties that aren't out of control, usually thrown by those living in houses and not apartment buildings. *The Party Patrol has sent undercover officers into these types of parties and busts them. *In my opinion, if somebody calls the cops with a complaint...then by all means the cops have the right to approach the residence and address the situation. *Note I said "address" and not "give tickets to everybody they possibly can". *

Maybe some of you remember the year a lot of things began to change at NDSU (93 or 94). *One of the brilliant writers for the Spectrum wrote an article alluding to the fact that Fargo police didn't care about all the parties that went on around campus. *Shortly after that they started throwing the book at people who hosted a party. *It got worse every year. *My last year at NDSU in 1998, I left a graduation party and found out that the cops showed up two hours later and issued everyone there a ticket for loud party (even those that didn't live at the residence). *The funny thing was that there were 12 people at this "party" sitting out on their deck having a few beers when the cops stopped by claiming that things were too loud when they drove by.....2 kids that had graduated that day, their parents, girlfriends and siblings.

Herd...I went to NDSU the same years as you...things have definitely changed. And yes, there is definitely a party patrol out there specifically looking for parties. Nano, this time I have to agree with you. I have actually seen cops sculking through neighborhoods in the dark looking for parties. And no, they weren't responding to a call...

SDbison
06-09-2006, 05:54 PM
[/quote]
Herd...I went to NDSU the same years as you...things have definitely changed. *And yes, there is definitely a party patrol out there specifically looking for parties. *Nano, this time I have to agree with you. *I have actually seen cops sculking through neighborhoods in the dark looking for parties. *And no, they weren't responding to a call...[/quote]

Why don't the cops work this hard going after real criminals?

lakesbison
06-09-2006, 07:54 PM
THANK GOD!!!!!!.. way to go guys.. that is waht I am getting at..

thats the PROBLEM here..

and a ticket (minor) is $300.... I know a girl that got 2 in a month.. just cuz she was at a party!!

heres the problem folks.. Not enough of the 18-35 yr old crowd does anything about it..

soo the 35-88 yr old crowd sits and goes "wont those DARN kids learn??" or " This is Fargo... should be a small quiet village"..

it's ONLY going to get worse.. Im afraid..... We should all pick a day and ALL call into news and views about our views....about 8 or us calling at once..

letters/emails to the forum never get seen.. becuase they CATER and PROTECT the police

02Bison
06-09-2006, 10:33 PM
I have no problems with what the cops are doing. I do have problems with people intentionally breaking laws and blaming the cops for their own illegal actions. Its about responsibility lakesbison. People who share your opinion definitely don't like to or don't know how to be responsibile for and to take responsibility for your actions. That's all I'm going to say.

broke_back_mnt
06-09-2006, 10:43 PM
+++++++

NanoBison
06-09-2006, 11:01 PM
I have all the respect in the world for the Fargo Police. Having to put up with the $hit they do, everyday. Glad we have them.
(ditto to what 02Bison said as well...)

8-)

TransAmBison
06-09-2006, 11:08 PM
02Bison, you make a very well spoken point. I do not think the college students are going out with the intention to "break the law." It just happens they have to be 21, and it also just happens that college kids like to drink. Didn't you drink when you were in college? When you were underage? If you didn't, that is fine, but I'm guessing most people on this board did.

Before there was the alcohol lot, anybody drinking alcohol while tailgating was going out to intentionally break the law. I believe even a larger amount of people on this board would think the tailgating issue wasn't a big deal.

All I'm saying is this: If somebody calls in a complaint about a party, I feel the cops have the right to do WHATEVER they feel necessary, and I would have no beef with them. But having a party patrol looking for it on their own? C'mon, I think there is a better use for our tax dollars.

sambini
06-10-2006, 02:45 PM
I AGREE TRANS AM++++++++++++++++++++++

Scooter
06-10-2006, 05:28 PM
02Bison, you make a very well spoken point. *I do not think the college students are going out with the intention to "break the law." *It just happens they have to be 21, and it also just happens that college kids like to drink. *Didn't you drink when you were in college? *When you were underage? *If you didn't, that is fine, but I'm guessing most people on this board did. *

Before there was the alcohol lot, anybody drinking alcohol while tailgating was going out to intentionally break the law. *I believe even a larger amount of people on this board would think the tailgating issue wasn't a big deal.

All I'm saying is this: If somebody calls in a complaint about a party, I feel the cops have the right to do WHATEVER they feel necessary, and I would have no beef with them. But having a party patrol looking for it on their own? C'mon, I think there is a better use for our tax dollars.

I think that 90% of us can agree with this last statement. And, you can't get 90% of people to agree on anything. It's the looking for parties (and you all know that they do) that's got people's undies in a bunch.

NanoBison
06-10-2006, 06:25 PM
I'm not so sure I buy the whole "they're looking for parties to bust". Everytime I had to call one in, they didn't show up for 30-45 minutes, becuase they were busy responding to other calls and this was typically between 1:00am-4:00am. Funny though, once I got to South Fargo and had to call them on a party, there was someone there in 5 minutes...

I would estimate though, a MAJORITY of the time, if the police show up at your door and you're having a party, it's becuase someone called your stupid ass in.

It's kind of funny though, every party I've ever been to, when they try not to get caught, the first thing anyone ever does is turn the stereo or tv ALL the way up. If any of you have every lived in those absolutely crappy apartments around the campus, you'll know the walls are usually paper thin, so you're bound to be pissing someone off with that noise, especially after 11:00pm.

Another thing, on the whole drinking issue, has anyone else thought, and this may just be me, but wouldn't it be better to eliminate the drinking age (like Germany) and have parents take care of the responsibility of alcohol, in the home. It's not uncommon for young adults to have a drink during dinner or special occasions. If it's handled at a younger age with responsibility, we wouldn't have these stupid power hours on 21st birthdays and there wouldn't be that fixation with something that you can't legally have until your 21. Then the whole "lust" of drinking disappears.

sambini
06-10-2006, 06:37 PM
NANO MAKE IT A BUDWEISER THIS IS BEER++++++++++++++++++++=

insane_ponderer
06-10-2006, 07:36 PM
Another thing, on the whole drinking issue, has anyone else thought, and this may just be me, but wouldn't it be better to eliminate the drinking age (like Germany) and have parents take care of the responsibility of alcohol, in the home. It's not uncommon for young adults to have a drink during dinner or special occasions. If it's handled at a younger age with responsibility, we wouldn't have these stupid power hours on 21st birthdays and there wouldn't be that fixation with something that you can't legally have until your 21. Then the whole "lust" of drinking disappears.

I like the thought nano, i wish that kids would be a bit more responsible about drinking. I as well as lot of my friends did a power hour and got completely bombed, but not to the point of a stomach pump or dying, and everyone always took care of each other, always a sober driver or a 2$ cab ride home, those sorts of things. It would be nice to leave the teaching of concepts like responsibility and respect etc. to parents unfortunately, most parents can't even get these concepts right, let alone teach it to their kids. I don't know what the answer is, but i would fully agree that people need to be a bit more responsible. It's one thing to get drink and have a good time, its fully another when it negatively affects lives and livelihoods of others.

TransAmBison
06-10-2006, 08:53 PM
All this talk of partying....man, I miss a good house party. Those were the days...now I'm really getting excited for tailgating!! Sambini, you bring the Bud, I'll bring the Jag and Red Bull!

NanoBison
06-10-2006, 11:06 PM
Tailgating, now there's a party... :)

SirHinn
06-18-2006, 06:55 PM
Actually, they don't have a party patrol in Fargo anymore.