PDA

View Full Version : July 11th, A new face joins THE HERD

roadwarrior
06-11-2006, 07:06 AM
An ad running on in-forum.com displays this message. When I click on it, it takes me to gobison.com.

MplsBison
06-11-2006, 02:52 PM
New logos?

SDbison
06-11-2006, 03:24 PM
Does it have anything to do with upcoming changes in media coverage?

sambini
06-11-2006, 03:31 PM
INTERESTING HMM+++++++++++

roadwarrior
06-11-2006, 05:31 PM
I bet that it is related to this year's advertising campaign.

tony
06-11-2006, 05:36 PM
I finally saw the banner... I'm going with a new logo. Could this be good-bye to the shawled goat?

TransAmBison
06-11-2006, 06:16 PM
I'm guessing they are announcing a new sports commentator...due to the change in the broadcasting rights.

kchats
06-11-2006, 07:08 PM
I haven't seen the banner when I have been on the site. *The radio contract situation has been awfully quiet lately though. *

I could see them trying to use more of the Bison head logo with the NDSU on it. *I wonder if they might try and make it the helment emblem.

Maybe they have added a live bison to run with the herd at home games. ;)

Just saw it. Looks like they may have modified the logo again. The eye looks different than what I see on my current stuff.

Although I think it might have to do with NDSU running their own stuff, radio, video feeds and TV. They might get more games on TV by being the ones in charge and only buying time and announcers.

sambini
06-13-2006, 10:28 PM
HMMM I'LL HAVE TO SEE WHATS UP?

BisonMav
06-14-2006, 02:43 AM
New media guy?

Bisonguy
06-14-2006, 04:33 AM
An ad running on in-forum.com displays this message. *When I click on it, it takes me to gobison.com.

Maybe it's a new gobison.com??

I like the idea of a live mascot.....

markerman
06-14-2006, 01:26 PM
From looking at the markings on the Bison, it is definitely different that the current logo. That, coupled with the "sparkle" in the eye leads me to say it is some kind of modification to the logo. I hope that it is just an additional logo, because it was only seven or so years ago that they brought the new one in.

One of the things that our logo has always had trouble with is translation onto a hat. The emroidery usually comes out looking messy in the head area. Perhaps this potential new logo is addressing that problem...

mikelsch
06-14-2006, 04:23 PM
I'm guessing that it has something to do with launching the 2006-2007 ad campaign for Bison athletics. Maybe there's a new logo too?

Wacker_in_the_Hall
06-14-2006, 06:56 PM
Hooters has agreed to give us their top 24 girls to lead cheers at Bison Games. They will be called Budweiser Bison Booty Hooter Girls.

Budweiser has graciously agreed to sponsor them.

bisonmike
06-14-2006, 08:38 PM
Hooters has agreed to give us their top 24 girls to lead cheers at Bison Games. *They will be called Budweiser Bison Booty Hooter Girls.

season tickets sales would skyrocket.

kchats
06-15-2006, 02:53 AM
I think they are transitioning to using the green and yellow Bison head with NDSU in it for more of their shirts etc. I wonder if it may make its way onto the helmets?

MplsBison
06-15-2006, 10:21 AM
Green helmets?

IowaBison
06-15-2006, 01:06 PM
Hooters has agreed to give us their top 24 girls to lead cheers at Bison Games. They will be called Budweiser Bison Booty Hooter Girls.

season tickets sales would skyrocket.

and I'd never drink Miller Lite again.

kchats
06-16-2006, 04:03 AM
Green helmets?

No Not green helmets. NDSU is trying to get more yellow in their uniforms why would they add green helmets. The logo would be different.

sambini
06-16-2006, 06:25 AM
Hooters has agreed to give us their top 24 girls to lead cheers at Bison Games. *They will be called Budweiser Bison Booty Hooter Girls.

Budweiser has graciously agreed to sponsor them.The only
proudly american owned brewery.

MplsBison
06-16-2006, 10:29 AM
Green helmets?

No Not green helmets. NDSU is trying to get more yellow in their uniforms why would they add green helmets. The logo would be different.

That was actually a joke.

I don't think NDSU will ever switch from gold.

kchats
06-17-2006, 04:17 AM
NDSU's official colors are Forest Green and Sunflower Yellow. They switched their helmet color a few years ago to the actual school color of Sunflower Yellow. They no longer have the golden hue they did in the 80's and early 90's. The colors are not green and gold.

MplsBison
06-17-2006, 04:40 PM
Green and gold sounds better than green and yellow.

kchats
06-17-2006, 04:48 PM
From GoBison.com
http://www.gobison.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&KEY=&SPID=714&SPSI D=35833

Name of School
North Dakota State University

City/Zip
Fargo, ND 58105

Founded

Enrollment
12,099 (fall 2005)

Nickname
Bison

School Colors
Yellow (PMS 123) and Green (PMS 343)

Affiliation
NCAA Division I (reclassifying)
* * I-AA in football

Conference
Independent
* * Great West Football Conference

President

* * Alma Mater
Dr. Joseph A. Chapman

* * Oregon State, 1965

Athletic Director

* * Alma Mater
Gene Taylor

* * Arizona State, 1980

Women’s Athletic Director

* * Alma Mater
Lynn Dorn

* * Bemidji (Minn.) State, 1972

Athletic Department Phone
(701) 231-8981

Ticket Office Phone
* * Toll Free
(701) 231-NDSU
* * (888) 231-NDSU

University Web Site
http://www.ndsu.edu

Mailing Address
PO Box 5600
University Station
Fargo, ND 58105-5600

Overnight Address
Bison Sports

As you can see the color is yellow not gold. *And the actual shade of yellow is Sunflower Yellow.

Also look on the official site of NDSU under athletics and it says Yellow and Green.

http://www.ndsu.edu/oia/inst_analysis/factbook/university/athletics.shtml

MplsBison
06-17-2006, 05:04 PM
So?

Green and gold sounds better.

kchats
06-17-2006, 05:44 PM
To who? :o

I guess you might just as well say Red and Black because it is no different. There is no gold in NDSU's school colors.

02Bison
06-17-2006, 06:44 PM
So?

Green and gold sounds better.

You just like arguing for the sake of arguing. Give it a rest! Its "The Yellow and The Green". If you want to consider yellow, gold, then go ahead. The fact remains, it is officially yellow and green.

For some reading on it, here's a little blurb from Dr. Tom Isern's site.

http://www.ndsu.edu/instruct/isern/yellow.htm

MplsBison
06-17-2006, 09:36 PM
You can have your "official" green and yellow.

TriCollegeBison
06-17-2006, 10:44 PM
The school song is called "The Yellow and the Green."

Ho! a cheer for Green and Yellow
Up with Yellow and the Green;
They're the shades that deck our prairies
Far and wide with glorious sheen,
Fields of waving green in the spring-time
Golden yellow in the fall--
How the great high-arching Heaven
Looks and laughs upon it all!

The colors are painfully obvious. I suppose next someone will tell me that Thundar is a squirrel.

MplsBison
06-17-2006, 11:02 PM
The school song is called "The Yellow and the Green."

The colors are painfully obvious. I suppose next someone will tell me that Thundar is a squirrel.

Scooter
06-17-2006, 11:08 PM

Not only do I think it sounds better, *The graphic package for apparel would look better. *I'd like to get rid of yellow all together.

There's a reason why the school to the north doesn't use pink. *And, I don't recall black being a school color of their's, either. *Why should we have to limit ourselves?

Also, I don't mean the yellow-gold either. *I mean Gold. *Dark green uniforms with gold accents for home and Dark green pants with the gold swoosh, white jerseys and GOLD helmets. *That would really look sharp. *And more importantly, would be a more desirable color combination than the current color scheme that we have now. *Sales for NDSU stuff would increase.

But, that will never happen.

MplsBison
06-17-2006, 11:15 PM
Sort of like William & Mary?

TriCollegeBison
06-17-2006, 11:18 PM
Sorry, "golden yellow" is still yellow.

TriCollegeBison
06-17-2006, 11:21 PM
Hushed upon the boundless prairies
Is the bison's thundering tread,
And the red man passes with him
On his spoiler's bounty fed.
But the Norse, the Celt and Saxon
With their herds increase and find
Mid these fields of green and yellow
Plenty e'en for all mankind.

And the color "red" is in the third verse.

kchats
06-18-2006, 03:29 AM
Hey Scooter and MplsBison I guess you should buy Cal-Poly gear. You seem to like their color scheme. I for one am glad NDSU hasn't added black or changed its color scheme. We all know that adding black is a desperate move to sell items. I think UND's football uniforms with black pants are hideous. NDSU has a great color scheme and a great mascot and helmet emblem. They have modernized their jerseys as well and updated the logo. If you remember there was a debate about adding black or changing the color scheme back when the logo was redone. Tradition won out and black was shot down pretty easily. If you win games and championships you sell your stuff.

How many of you actually think the St. Louis Rams uniforms look better now with that gold than they did with yellow?

Hammerhead
06-18-2006, 03:50 AM
The new Rams jeryeys kind of grew on me. I'm glad the Bison never went with black. I can't stand it when teams like the Eagles wear mostly black jerseys instead of their traditional colors. I do like the alternate colors some NFL teams wear -- red for the Giants, orange for the Dolphins and Broncos, etc. I don't think sunflower yellow would look as good. :)

MplsBison
06-18-2006, 04:08 PM
kchats, that's a couple of nice strawman you have there with Cal Poly and black, neither of which I've ever mentioned in this thread.

When I say "gold" I mean the color yellow.

IE, Green Bay Gold.

I don't actually mean the color gold like Notre Dame or something like that.

I'm not advocating any change in the current NDSU color scheme. It looks great the way it is.

I just think the saying "green and gold" is much better than saying "green and yellow".

sambini
06-18-2006, 05:53 PM
I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO THE NEW SCHEELS STORE TO SEE WHAT THEY HAVE IN NEW BISON GEAR.

kchats
06-18-2006, 07:12 PM
kchats, that's a couple of nice strawman you have there with Cal Poly and black, neither of which I've ever mentioned in this thread.

When I say "gold" I mean the color yellow.

IE, Green Bay Gold.

I don't actually mean the color gold like Notre Dame or something like that.

I'm not advocating any change in the current NDSU color scheme. It looks great the way it is.

I just think the saying "green and gold" is much better than saying "green and yellow".

Green Bay is also yellow and green. Are you color blind? The helmets at one time at NDSU were a little different color of yellow but it was still yellow. Never has been gold.

TheDoctor
06-18-2006, 09:34 PM
A friend of mine is the old equipment guy for ndsu (Eric Isendorf) and I was mentioning to him I wanted order an authentic helmet for my office and he said to order it from Gerells out of Grand Forks and order a "Bison Yellow" helmet. I said, the actual color is called "Bison Yellow" and he said yes, they made a special color for the Bison. He said "Green Bay Yellow" is a little different. He said it has flecks in it that we don't have. :)

sambini
06-19-2006, 02:22 AM
Could BE SUNFLOWER YELLOW. THATS WHAT IT USE TO CALLED BY RIDDELL.

TheBisonator
06-19-2006, 02:27 AM
A friend of mine is the old equipment guy for ndsu (Eric Isendorf) and I was mentioning to him I wanted order an authentic helmet for my office and he said to order it from Gerells out of Grand Forks and order a "Bison Yellow" helmet. *I said, the actual color is called "Bison Yellow" and he said yes, they made a special color for the Bison. *He said "Green Bay Yellow" is a little different. *He said it has flecks in it that we don't have. * :) *

Eric Issendorf (or "Issy" as we called him) was my old boss when I was on the Bison team. He's a really smart guy, real student-friendly, and he knew his job VERY well. I wish he was still on the team...

BisonMav
06-19-2006, 02:44 AM
A friend of mine is the old equipment guy for ndsu (Eric Isendorf) and I was mentioning to him I wanted order an authentic helmet for my office and he said to order it from Gerells out of Grand Forks and order a "Bison Yellow" helmet. *I said, the actual color is called "Bison Yellow" and he said yes, they made a special color for the Bison. *He said "Green Bay Yellow" is a little different. *He said it has flecks in it that we don't have. * :) *

Green Bay considers themselves Green and Gold. 8-)

kchats
06-19-2006, 03:31 AM
Maybe sitting out in the cold has made them all color blind too. ;)

I know the Bison helmets went to a more light yellow on their helmets after they redid the Bison Logo emblem.

BisonMav
06-19-2006, 07:02 PM
Maybe sitting out in the cold has made them all color blind too. ;)

And Green Bay is south of Fargo :) ;)

tcbison
06-19-2006, 07:23 PM

Not only do I think it sounds better, *The graphic package for apparel would look better. *I'd like to get rid of yellow all together.

There's a reason why the school to the north doesn't use pink. *And, I don't recall black being a school color of their's, either. *Why should we have to limit ourselves?

Also, I don't mean the yellow-gold either. *I mean Gold. *Dark green uniforms with gold accents for home and Dark green pants with the gold swoosh, white jerseys and GOLD helmets. *That would really look sharp. *And more importantly, would be a more desirable color combination than the current color scheme that we have now. *Sales for NDSU stuff would increase.

But, that will never happen.

I think Notre Dame's green yersey with the gold letters this year looked very sharp. When Ron Wolf was at Green Bay, he wanted to change their color to gold, but the fans didn't like it.

http://www.misterhabs.com/nfl-proto.htm

"Back when Ron Wolf first took over as GM in the 1990s, he put together a proposal to change the uniforms, changing the current shade of Packer "gold" to something closer to the old gold the team used in the 1950s. The idea was meet with anger from the fans and was dropped. I don't know if a helmet was actually created to promote the change, but if it was it might look like the one above. The proposed helmet may have had no stripes. I'll add a version without stripes soon.

There has also been discussion from time to time that the Packers may abandon the green and revert to a shade of blue used in the 1950s as well. Hence the second two helmets above. Both are my interpretations of what the color changes might look like. I have never seen actual helmets like those above. And, based upon the reactions of the local fans, I may never see them, as the Packers may never change."

MplsBison
06-19-2006, 09:50 PM
Green Bay is also yellow and green. Are you color blind?

The color is called Green Bay Gold.

BisonMav
06-19-2006, 09:56 PM
Packers Uniform History (http://www.packers.com/history/fast_facts/uniform_history/)

http://images.packers.com/images/history/uniforms/1946_49_uniform_s.jpg

MplsBison
06-19-2006, 10:32 PM
http://www.footballfanatics.com/htmlpages/root/NFL/GreenBayPackers/Hats/GreenBayPackers109008.html

Reebok Green Bay Packers Gold Castle Hat

02Bison
06-20-2006, 12:05 AM
The school song is called "The Yellow and the Green." *

The colors are painfully obvious. *I suppose next someone will tell me that Thundar is a squirrel.

It doesn't hurt to be non-contradictory every once and awhile mplsbison. Try it sometime!

MplsBison
06-20-2006, 10:35 AM
I'm not really disagreeing with anyone.

The color itself is yellow. I've already said as much.

I'd rather call it gold, though.

mikelsch
06-20-2006, 03:02 PM
Could the new face be NIKE? (as the exclusive provider of Bison athletics jerseys/equipment)

MplsBison
06-20-2006, 09:50 PM
Could the new face be NIKE? (as the exclusive provider of Bison athletics jerseys/equipment)

That would be sweet.