View Full Version : Potts Resigns

IowaBison
06-30-2006, 05:41 PM
http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=131613&section=sports

lakesbison
06-30-2006, 06:12 PM
HAHA.

MESS WITH THE BISON.. U GET THE HORNS!!

Dont let the door hit u on the way out POTTS!!!

you were a disgrace to higher education.... it's a shame we wasted $185,000 a year on you!!!

Please don't tell me they settled for compensation!!! Richie Smith.... Your a friend of mine.. soooo don't give POTTS anything..

thats what he wants.. is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ ... he's a weasel..

roadwarrior
06-30-2006, 06:18 PM
This was absolutely no surprise after all of the talk about him in the press for the past two months.

BisonBacker
06-30-2006, 06:49 PM
I'm not going to take pleasure in him leaving or feeling he had to leave. I wish him the best of luck in the future but whomever the board finds as a permanent replacement should be given the opportunity to come in with the boards confidence. The board needs to determine what is acceptable and not when it comes to actions of the presidents and universities under its oversight. Furthermore they need to work out a fair and equitable funding formula that won't pit university presidents against each other or other members of the board or its president. In the end the boards failure to see to that equitable funding formula led to this mess and now both Potts and Chapman are the ones in the spotlight when in fact it should be the Board itself taking the heat for this fiasco.

NDSU_grad
06-30-2006, 08:35 PM
Hopefully something good comes out of this whole debacle. What I think needs to happen.

1. The chancellor's role in the NDUS needs to be better defined.
2. Something (anything!!) needs to be done to figure out a fair and equitable funding formula.
3. This will never happen but I think it's ridiculous all 11 public institutions are represented by one system. NDSU and UND at the very least should have a separate system.

BisonBacker
06-30-2006, 09:00 PM
Hopefully something good comes out of this whole debacle. *What I think needs to happen.

1. *The chancellor's role in the NDUS needs to be better defined.
2. *Something (anything!!) needs to be done to figure out a fair and equitable funding formula.
3. *This will never happen but I think it's ridiculous all 11 public institutions are represented by one system. NDSU and UND at the very least should have a separate system.

I'm not saying I disagree but good luck with that :-/

sambini
06-30-2006, 09:38 PM
+++++++++++++++++++=

MplsBison
07-01-2006, 04:15 AM
2. *Something (anything!!) needs to be done to figure out a fair and equitable funding formula.

Seems pretty simple to me.

Every school in the systems gets the same dollar amount per student.

mebison
07-03-2006, 02:13 PM

Seems pretty simple to me.

Every school in the systems gets the same dollar amount per student.

Every department within every school gets the same then too, right?

The_Sicatoka
07-07-2006, 10:01 PM
Potts resigns, and now here's "The Rest of The Story" (http://www.ag.nd.gov/documents/2006-O-11.pdf ).

kchats
07-08-2006, 04:10 AM
Doesn't sound like there is anything that paints Dr. Chapman or Governor Hoeven in a bad light. Sounds like most of the board didn't like Chancellor Potts' style. It sounds like many of the board were worried they might lose a great president in Chapman.